What Does "Top Talent" Think about Working in States that Ban Abortion?

All things being equal…yes

But those Corporations need to get a commitment of most employees to move. They also send a signal to their customer base……We proudly reside in Texas!

How many consumers will boycott businesses that reside in Texas because of Abortion, voter suppression and COVID?

You don't think republicans states can replace moonbat liberals talent with hard working refugees who value family? Or do refugees lose victimhood status and become the enemy the moment they oppose the liberal agenda?

But those Corporations need to get a commitment of most employees to move. They also send a signal to their customer base……We proudly reside in Texas!

How many consumers will boycott businesses that reside in Texas because of Abortion, voter suppression and COVID?
Do you really check where a business is hq’d and the state and local laws before you buy something? Really?

Am I to assume you don’t ever buy anything made in China? Dont use oil or gas produced from oil drilled in the ME?

It should be noted that Texghanistan is already taking a major hit for their voter suppression BS.

TOPLINE​

The Texas economy could take a massive hit if the state enacts new voting restrictions—potentially costing the state's economy tens of billions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs—according to a study from the Texas-based economic research firm the Perryman Group, as the Texas legislature Thursday moved one step closer to making the proposals.

• The potential loss of conventions, major sporting events and tourism could cost the state $16.7 billion in annual gross product by 2025, and nearly 150,000 jobs, according to the study.
  • Internal factors, like decreased business activity and lower wages in the state, could lead to the loss of $14.7 billion in household purchasing power by 2025, according to the Perryman Group.
  • Retail trade would take the biggest hit, according to the study, losing more than 50,000 jobs from drops in tourism and economic development alone.

This is a very interesting study.

I'm sure that the conservatives won't believe it or even click the link but intelligent people will.

Texas and any state that enacts legislation like the one Texas has enacted, are not going to get well educated people to their state. They won't get business to come to their state and they will see people leave their state.

It's very telling, the consequences of passing such laws, people and business won't stand for it.

It's going to cause those red states to fall even farther behind.

From the study:

Data suggest:
  • Large majorities of top talent support abortion access and consider the issue part of gender equity in the workplace;
  • Two-thirds say the Texas ban would discourage them from working in the state;
  • 64% say they would not apply for a job in a state that passed a ban like Texas';
  • About half says they would consider moving out-of-state if their lawmakers
    passed a similar ban.

The college-educated workforce values abortion access and sees the issue as part of gender equity in the workplace.
Roughly eight in ten respondents (79%) do not want Roe v. Wade overturned. The same proportion (80%) feels access to abortion is an important part of women's rights and gender equity - 63% feel this strongly.
Respondents also connect abortion to other issues. Two-thirds (65%) would guess that states that protect abortion rights and access are more likely to have good health care, good-paying jobs, and a higher-quality of life v. those that ban or restrict abortion access (10%).

Majorities across segments say this law would discourage them from working in Texas:
  • Women (74%)
  • Men (58%)
  • Gen Z (73%)
  • Millennials (69%)
  • Black employees (60%)
  • Latino/a employees (64%)
  • AAPI employees (62%)
  • Recent graduates (67%)

You can read all of the findings of the study at the following link:

Good luck with that Texas and any state that passes the same anti abortion law.
Define "top talent", because anyone who would use abortion laws to make career decisions is a fucking moron.

A couple dozen. Maybe.

Do you really check where a business is hq’d and the state and local laws before you buy something? Really?

Am I to assume you don’t ever buy anything made in China? Dont use oil or gas produced from oil drilled in the ME?
You think people are stupid?
You don’t think those outraged by new Abortion restrictions or Voter Suppression are not sending out lists of companies to boycott?

With Ca having everything that you consider is sacred, why are businesses and people leaving?
I mean, they lost one of their Congressional seats for the first time in their history....even WITH your
wish list in place.
Why is Gov Newsom saving his ass by campaigning we do not want California to turn in to Texas, Florida or Mississippi?

commitment of most employees to move

My son and many of his contemporaries are working remotely from home.
His company is in Tennessee.
Most of community that is not in health care is working remotely from home.

Reuters and AP News reported about 2 weeks ago that an overwhelming number of talent was resigning from their companies that wanted them back in the office; it seems the companies that need this talent are offering them the option of working remotely.

With Ca having everything that you consider is sacred, why are businesses and people leaving?

Because Texas sold business and their employees……Come to Texas, it is cheaper. You will find we are an advanced state not much different than where you are now.

Gov Abbott is making clear Texas is a hell of a lot different with low vaccination rates, antiCOVID policies, voter suppression, untrained/unlicensed running around with handguns and now the most oppressive abortion rules in the nation

As someone that this top talent, i got to tell ya. i likely wouldn’t live in a state that outlaws abortion. I also wouldn’t likely live in a state that has them on demand and doesn’t regulate them.

Forum List

Back