What does the future look like for Putin?

Putin has been in power for 22 years or more. He is 70 years old. His mentality is from the 1950's. Most Russians can't stand him.....or should I say the new generations since 2000 can't stand him. Not sure how the older sets feel about him.

Although he is a good businessman, he's a shitstain when it comes to politics and how to properly invest and take care of Russia's people.

If Putin isn't responding to the threats of Brainless Babbling Biden, who was goading him all along to do this...........then what is he responding TO?

Could it be he's on his last legs? Maybe the Russian parliament is tired of his heavy handed bullying? Is his health not what they claim it is? Is there something else at play, like making a last ditch effort to do something "big" with his name attached to it? Is this all a power play backed by the DementiacRats to avert attention from what the DNC is doing to this country?

Only time will tell.

The not so wild card here is China.....They will supply Russia with what the west denies them.

Then you folks are forgetting that the spice (gas) must flow to the EU and who runs Barter Town in that regard.

Most of what I have read thus far is western virtue signaling that will quickly subside once hostilities cease one way or the other.

There have been many reports that Vlad's BMW is no longer hitting on all cylinders, as it were. His borscht has dripped off his spoon. His ikra has slid off its cracker. But up until this invasion, he was still an integrated player on the national stage.

But now, is he literally going to be treated as a war criminal, isolated in the Kremlin? Will he ever get back outside those walls, to the West? Is he now a psychotic despot in decay, paranoid of everyone and everything around him? What does this guy look like in five, ten years, and how will he now be treated globally?

It also makes me wonder if a guy who's lost his marbles and is still in control of all those nukes will decide "fuck it", and do a global version of what Hitler did in his bunker.

:stir: :stir: :stir:

There have been many reports that Vlad's BMW is no longer hitting on all cylinders, as it were. His borscht has dripped off his spoon. His ikra has slid off its cracker. But up until this invasion, he was still an integrated player on the national stage.

But now, is he literally going to be treated as a war criminal, isolated in the Kremlin? Will he ever get back outside those walls, to the West? Is he now a psychotic despot in decay, paranoid of everyone and everything around him? What does this guy look like in five, ten years, and how will he now be treated globally?

It also makes me wonder if a guy who's lost his marbles and is still in control of all those nukes will decide "fuck it", and do a global version of what Hitler did in his bunker.

Like us, more than a few people need to authorize a Nuke launch in Russia, it's not like he has a direct button to press all on his own.

It all depends on the outcome of the conventional campaign. If he can still take 2-3 cities, and more unlikely get Zelensky, he might be able to break the Ukrainian forces ability to hold.

At that point he hopes for a negotiated settlement, and for the West to be the West, and forget about what happened in 1-2 years.

If this drags on a few more weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if STAVKA (or whatever the Russian general staff is called these days) takes matters into their own hands.

The not so wild card here is China.....They will supply Russia with what the west denies them.

Then you folks are forgetting that the spice (gas) must flow to the EU and who runs Barter Town in that regard.

Most of what I have read thus far is western virtue signaling that will quickly subside once hostilities cease one way or the other.
At the moment there is still more than enough reserve to get through the winter. Europe has it's own gas supply and Russia isn't the only supplier. That takes care of it in the short term. Long term a supply chain can and will be set up with other supplier on a more permanent basis.

The price Europe pays is a higher price for gas.

At the moment Putin is being recognised as a treat to NATO and the Eastern European countries more specifically. That will not stop even IF Putin is successful in Ukraine.

No virtue signalling of any kind. Just the cold hard realization that either stop or at the very least completely cripple Putins ability to finance war. Or face him in the future in places like Latvia.

In those circumstances business as usual will not be considered.

As for China. A united NATO and partners is neither foreseen nor wished for by China. Neither is completely allianating most of the world economy. I don't think China can or would want to step into a breach for a nation that has solvency issues of it's own making under those circumstances. Even as a strategic partner. This providing they have the funds and the capability to fill the void left by the entire world economy.

Last edited:
At the moment there is still more than enough reserve to get through the winter. Europe has it's own gas supply and Russia isn't the only supplier. That takes care of it in the short term. Long term a supply chain can and will be set up with other supplier on a more permanent basis.

The price Europe pays is a higher price for gas.

At the moment Putin is being recognised as a treat to NATO and the Eastern European countries more specifically. That will not stop even IF Putin is successful in Ukraine.

No virtue signalling of any kind. Just the cold hard realization that either stop or at the very least completely cripple Putins ability to finance war. Or face him in the future in places like Latvia.

In those circumstances business as usual will not be considered.

As for China. A united NATO and partners is neither foreseen nor wished for by China. Neither is completely allianating most of the world economy. I don't think China can or would want to step into a breach for a nation that has solvency issues of it's own making under those circumstances. Even as a strategical partner. This providing they have the funds and the capability to fill the void left by the entire world economy.
That's a reasonable western-think response but I don't think it will play out that way. We will see.

Speaking of NATO, I would like to see a current poll on how many in the US still want to see it dissolved. I was seeing polls that showed from 70% to almost 90% that said it should be dissolved just from a year ago.

Good question... and none of us really has an intelligent answer.

I don't think Putin has gone mad.

Rather, I think he has made a number of grave miscalculations about the courage and resolve of The West.

And now he's in over-his-head... and his own people... including his General Staff... are beginning to realize that.

Did ya'll see the look on his generals' faces, sitting nearby, when he announced that he was placing his nuclear forces on high alert?

I wonder if his General Staff are going to continue to support this miscalculated nightmare that Putin has arrogantly but mistakenly conjured.
Yeah, a quick knife in the back sure would be helpful.

But if that doesn't happen soon, I'd guess it won't happen at all.

That's a reasonable western-think response but I don't think it will play out that way. We will see.

Speaking of NATO, I would like to see a current poll on how many in the US still want to see it dissolved. I was seeing polls that showed from 70% to almost 90% that said it should be dissolved just from a year ago.
I'm pretty sure that poll would show an increased support for NATO. It also doesn't really matter. The NATO charter is a treaty signed by Congress. It has the status of a law and only Congress can revoke it.

There is no sign on either side of the aisle even at the height of partisan anymosity that doing so would gain anything close to enough support to do so. This was even the case before the current situation.

I'm pretty sure that poll would show an increased support for NATO. It also doesn't really matter. The NATO charter is a treaty signed by Congress. It has the status of a law and only Congress can revoke it.

There is no sign on either side of the aisle even at the height of partisan anymosity that doing so would gain anything close to enough support to do so. This was even the case before the current situation.
True but what it did show was Americans thought the the EU should tend to their own knitting.

True but what it did show was Americans thought the the EU should tend to their own knitting.
It's been a complaint filed by many presidents to its European partners. It's also a lesson that is brought into focus by this crisis. And by the same logic that leads me to say that business as usual will not come back regardless of Putins success or failure.

1. How do you know that Putin has calculated that RUSSIA can withstand sanctions?? The Ruble is worthless already.
(I agree Putin can, but the populace and oligarchs can't)

HOw do I know Putin has calculated Russia can withstand sanctions.

He knew sanction would happen and he invaded anyway. Man, are you retarded.

4. The vicious insurgency would force Putin out over time as the Javelins and Stingers take their toll, and the Russian body-bags start going home.

Would it? A prolonged invasion would bring far more misery to the Ukraine, and at some point, they might agree to terms. Javelins and Stingers are only useful if you've had the training to use them.

How do I know Putin has calculated Russia can withstand sanctions.
He knew sanction would happen and he invaded anyway. Man, are you retarded.

Would it? A prolonged invasion would bring far more misery to the Ukraine, and at some point, they might agree to terms. Javelins and Stingers are only useful if you've had the training to use them.
Putin thought Germany wouldn't oppose him, Olaf Shotz opposed sanctions, but the people smacked him upside the head and he imposed severe sanctions. When Germany was on board everyone else supported the sanctions. So IMHO Putin underestimated the severity of the sanction being arrayed against him. Putin looks like the retard now.

The invasion is ongoing, true the Ukraine will need to endure pain, but surrendering means living under Putin's boot. They will only agree to favorable terms. Javelins and Stingers only require minimal training. They are "fire and forget weapons". The Ukraine will soon have 10,000 Javelins & Stingers to use in a war or an insurgency. Putin has no good options. His economy is in shambles, his army is wavering, his advisors are resigning, he is isolated and apparently sick. Here's hoping a bullet soon puts him out of his misery.

Putin thought Germany wouldn't oppose him, Olaf Shotz opposed sanctions, but the people smacked him upside the head and he imposed severe sanctions. When Germany was on board everyone else supported the sanctions. So IMHO Putin underestimated the severity of the sanction being arrayed against him. Putin looks like the retard now.

Again, if he really didn't think that there would be sanctions, then he is the retard. My guess is he thinks this will be over in a couple of weeks, and then everyone will be happy with a return to a status quo where the Ukraine gives up the Donbass and agrees to never join NATO.

And it might have worked, had the Russian Army not proved itself to be so inept.

The invasion is ongoing, true the Ukraine will need to endure pain, but surrendering means living under Putin's boot. They will only agree to favorable terms. Javelins and Stingers only require minimal training. They are "fire and forget weapons". The Ukraine will soon have 10,000 Javelins & Stingers to use in a war or an insurgency. Putin has no good options. His economy is in shambles, his army is wavering, his advisors are resigning, he is isolated and apparently sick. Here's hoping a bullet soon puts him out of his misery.

Wow, was that actual praise for Biden's policies?

Holy shit.

NOW he's done it.

1200x0.jpg

Putin thought Germany wouldn't oppose him ...

What a nonsense. What for heavens sake has Germany to do with the decision of Putin to start war against the Ukraine? Nothing at all!!!

Last edited:
Again, if he really didn't think that there would be sanctions, then he is the retard. My guess is he thinks this will be over in a couple of weeks, and then everyone will be happy with a return to a status quo where the Ukraine gives up the Donbas and agrees to never join NATO.
And it might have worked, had the Russian Army not proved itself to be so inept.
Wow, was that actual praise for Biden's policies?
1. I'm sure Putin anticipated sanctions, which is why he hooked up with China as a financial lifeline. The US generals all thought the war would be over in about 3-days. Apparently so did Putin. Another poster said that Putin never lived in a free country so he has no concept how important freedom is to us, he miscalculated the determination of the Ukes and the west to support them. He thought it would be another cake-walk and Ukraine would surrender.

2. Ukraine just applied to join the EU. I hope NATO lets those tough-assed MFs in. We have different views on which side can take more heat. You think Putin will outlast Zelensky as the military gets more vicious. I'm thinking that it will either be a long difficult slog with a NATO funded insurgency (like worked in AFG), or Putin will be overthrown rather quickly.

3. The Russian Army may not be as inept as it looks, I think they are not motivated to do war crimes against civilians, and are sabotaging Putin's "war".

4. I approve of Biden's sanctions, late as they are. IMHO they should have been applied when Putin was massing his forces. But, better late than never. Germany was the pivotal player, when they stepped up the rest of NATO joined in. Even Sweden, Finland, Norway, Japan, and Switzerland kicked in weapons. Now the big corporations are joining the party. Putin is getting a major lesson in capitalism and freedom.

When? With what?
You live in Germany? Read the papers? Watch TV?

1. Opposed SWIFT ban
2. Made a no-fly zone over Germany for weapons going to Ukraine
3. Supported Russia's Nord Stream 2 pipeline

Then Germany reversed those early bad decisions, thankfully.

Holy shit.

NOW he's done it.

1200x0.jpg

When the war is over in Ukraine; and it will be one way or the other, if the US and the EU want to insure that it doesn't go back to business as usual, the EU is going to have to be supplied with energy, as will the US.

As of now, if that is how they want to do it, it is on Bidens ability to diplomatically form a coalition, and reverse his fossil fuel policy in the US.

That is up to him and congress, end of story.

Yeah, a quick knife in the back sure would be helpful.

But if that doesn't happen soon, I'd guess it won't happen at all.
They've only begun to lose money and collapse their own economy.

I'm partial for hanging and flogging in the public square ala Il Duce. Don't think it will happen but you never know.

Forum List

Back