What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ? To me, it means a few things.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

It did not represent slavery. It represented people with a cause.
FALSE. It did represent slavery. It was the flag of the Confederacy, which had slavery included in its Constitution.
But this does not take away from the honor and tribute to Confederate soldiers that the flag also means, as well as # 3 & # 4 items listed in the OP.

You mean the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia? It represents the men who fought to assert the natural inferiority of the black man.

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

I am Northerner from Michigan and I see every day how this country is being destroyed by liberal progressive communists. The whole concept of being American is warped by them. The Constitution no longer matters, the laws on books are being ignored, and multinational corporations are becoming more powerful and are warping concepts such as free speech due to their monopoly's hand in hand with government oligarchs.

Thought crime is an actual thing the left is going for that may become a harsh reality in the near future. To today's left, the Confederate flag is symbol of evil, to blacks is symbol of slavery, but back then I don't think it was like that. The Confederate flag was a symbol of rebellion, blacks and whites have flown it. Americans bled under that flag. They were Americans, the same as the North.

Now, if you want to get technical and if you were keeping count, the continuing atrocities committed under the Star Spangled Banner far outweigh the blemishes of the Confederate Jack. People are still allowed to buy Nazi flags and communist flags. The Confederate flag is near pristine compared to those, yet lefties are not complaining about them. But they do complain about Stars and Stripes, some even became offended by it, can't even fly it in some places in own country.

Yes the Confederacy was destroyed. Yes, for some flag symbolized mere racism, but in fact people raised above that and in a lot of cases racism was forgotten by the many that loved that flag. It symbolized defiance, and rebellion. It was emblazoned on cultural icons like the General Lee for instance. This sudden and knee-jerk vilification shows you the power of the media on low information voters. Left media.

I will buy Confederate Battle Flag and give it a home in my house, for no other reason to piss off lefties that may be offended by it. Rebellion after all, against them.

Yes the Confederacy was destroyed. Yes, for some flag symbolized mere racism, but in fact people raised above that and in a lot of cases racism was forgotten by the many that loved that flag. It symbolized defiance, and rebellion. It was emblazoned on cultural icons like the General Lee for instance. This sudden and knee-jerk vilification shows you the power of the media on low information voters. Left media.

The Confederate Flags symbolizes the Confederacy - a nation founded upon the ideal that whites are superior to blacks. There's nothing "knee-jerk" - about that, its historical fact.

I will buy Confederate Battle Flag and give it a home in my house, for no other reason to piss off lefties that may be offended by it. Rebellion after all, against them.

It will communicate to others that you are either a moron, hate black people, or both.

Perhaps you should start flipping people off instead of shaking their hand. It means "fuck you" to the vast majority of the population - but that shouldn't matter, right? All that matters is what it means to you.

FALSE. It did represent slavery. It was the flag of the Confederacy, which had slavery included in its Constitution.
But this does not take away from the honor and tribute to Confederate soldiers that the flag also means, as well as # 3 & # 4 items listed in the OP.
The "Stars and Bars" flag was a battle flag showing you were ready to attack. The "Confederate flag has the stars in a circle showing a union.

So the "Stars and Bars" means to me someone is fed up with something.

The Confederate Flags symbolizes the Confederacy - a nation founded upon the ideal that whites are superior to blacks. There's nothing "knee-jerk" - about that, its historical fact.

It will communicate to others that you are either a moron, hate black people, or both.

Perhaps you should start flipping people off instead of shaking their hand. It means "fuck you" to the vast majority of the population - but that shouldn't matter, right? All that matters is what it means to you.

I'm betting on both.

The "Stars and Bars" flag was a battle flag showing you were ready to attack. The "Confederate flag has the stars in a circle showing a union.

No. The Stars and Bars refers to this:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/u/us-csa7.gif

No. The Stars and Bars refers to this:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/u/us-csa7.gif
THAT is the flag OF Confederation.
us-csa7.gif

The circle represents the UNION of states.

Read my post again. Since it's historical fact, why you lefties decided to address the issue now, and not some 5 or 10 or 20 or 50 years ago? Flag didn't bothered you back then. Of course it didn't because liberals are original slave owners, racists, JimCrows, KKK... Why not in 2008? Why now? Therefore I said..."sudden knee-jerk reaction".

About flag, see post #18.

The Confederate battle flag never actually represented the Confederate States of America. Dixie flag or rebel flag represented the Army of Northern Virginia. There were black confederate soldiers fighting under the same flag. Do you think they fought for slavery?

Confederate states would have ended slavery even without a war and proof for that is that CSA Constitution banned the overseas slave trade, and permitted Confederate states to abolish slavery within their borders if they wanted to do so.

Now find what of what I said is not true.

What else to expect from a leftie?

Insults? Check.
Calling racist? Check.

Although racism is always touchy subject, I didn't notice any of my black friends and coworkers being offended by the history not even close how much liberals are acting they do.

And before I forget, here is a handshake for you and candycorn.

2d77ejm.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back