Debate Now What does MAGA mean ? Specifically ?

No, you drew something from my post that wasn't there.

MAGA isn't Donald Trump. It's much more than that.

At the same time, it is little more than a sales pitch.

Do I believe Trump is trying to make America better.....? No.

I believe Trump is out for Trump. The fact that he gets more if he makes America better is only a coincidence.
So you would sell out all your fellow countrymen, see the country continue to deteriorate and lose all its greatness because you think Trump makes things better for his own benefit? Because you don't like Trump?

Why in the hell do you care what his motives are if in fact everybody benefits in very good ways? How dumb is that????

But I also have a problem with his behaviour. He insults people and calls people names when they don't agree with him.

True, and this is bigly regrettable. Sometimes DJT is an asshole, IMHO. BUT - so many people focus on behavior instead of what is really important, namely his policies. There's a big difference between him and Biden/democrats when it comes to policies, and I think that is far more important. Do you like what's going on with our southern border? How about Biden spending all that money on climate change/global warming, or whatever new terminology they're using these days? What do you think about his policy on forgiving student loans, even though the Supreme Court ruled it to be unconstitutional?

He's a complete indiot when he's tweeting.

Biden is a complete idiot too, not just when he's tweeting. Again, JMO.

There's a big difference between him and Biden/democrats when it comes to policies, and I think that is far more important.
his policy was unveiled on J6 after losing the election was to block the inauguration of the winner in order to retain power.

Thats more than being an asshole to the eighty million who want him and his MAGA gone.

His motive is absolute power.
Not evidenced by his first term in office in which he did what he could as President, despite a mostly Marxist congress, to give us far more liberties, choices, options, opportunity. If you want to see absolute power see what the current administration is doing.

his policy was unveiled on J6 after losing the election was to block the inauguration of the winner in order to retain power.

Thats more than being an asshole to the eighty million who want him and his MAGA gone.

His policy was to protest the election, he never once said anything about blocking the inauguration or any kind of insurrection. And Biden and the democrats are every bit as much of an asshole for wanting him and MAGA gone. Do you realize what you're saying? You don't want any opposition or challenge to your agenda? Tell me again about how your side isn't more totalitarian.

So you would sell out all your fellow countrymen, see the country continue to deteriorate and lose all its greatness because you think Trump makes things better for his own benefit?

What are you talking about ?

The only way I would do that is if I voted against Trump.

I have never said I would vote against him.

I have said I voted for him twice and will vote for him again if he is the candidate (unless the democrats somehow totally morph and put up someone like a Rand Paul).

Trump is a bout Trump. And in that sense he is a useful tool.

His behavior is not something I like.

When my left-wing associates grief me about voting for him, I simply say "Gorsuch, Kavennaugh, Bennett" and that ends the discussion.

Hopefully it ends this part of this one.

But MAGA has still not been defined in clear terms.

Donald Trump is not a MAGA person in the real sense of what some describe at a high level.

Why in the hell do you care what his motives are if in fact everybody benefits in very good ways? How dumb is that????

What is dumb is you lecturing me for some reason I don't know.

If it's Trump vs Biden, I'll pull the lever for Trump. That has never been a question.

But it does not mean I like the guy and I think he could do better.

Now, back to MAGA.

We are projected to hit 40 trillion in debt by 2030.

We are also projected to hit 143 trillion by 2053.

What is MAGA doing about that ?

That is not making America anything but bankdrupt.

True, and this is bigly regrettable. Sometimes DJT is an asshole, IMHO. BUT - so many people focus on behavior instead of what is really important, namely his policies. There's a big difference between him and Biden/democrats when it comes to policies, and I think that is far more important. Do you like what's going on with our southern border? How about Biden spending all that money on climate change/global warming, or whatever new terminology they're using these days? What do you think about his policy on forgiving student loans, even though the Supreme Court ruled it to be unconstitutional?

Biden is a complete idiot too, not just when he's tweeting. Again, JMO.

I do not like Joe Biden. I never have, but my dislike grew to near hatred over his smearing of Robert Bork. Since that time, I have slandered him at every possible opportunity.

I don't argue that Trump tried on the southern border.

But let me be clear....TRUMP is not MAGA.

He might be part of it (and I have questions), but MAGA is supposed to be a large group that wants something that they used to have that they lost.

Nobody can define that for me (or has yet to in specific terms).

I.E. MAGA means a balanced budget or no deficit running longer than three years.
I.E. MAGA means no laws passed at the federal level that do not violate the 10th amendment.
I.E. MAGA means sticking to facts and no name calling.
I.E. MAGA means sending all illegals home. ILLEGALS ILLEGALS (for those of you who don't like the term.....tough).

That is what I am after.

What are you talking about ?

The only way I would do that is if I voted against Trump.

I have never said I would vote against him.

I have said I voted for him twice and will vote for him again if he is the candidate (unless the democrats somehow totally morph and put up someone like a Rand Paul).

Trump is a bout Trump. And in that sense he is a useful tool.

His behavior is not something I like.

When my left-wing associates grief me about voting for him, I simply say "Gorsuch, Kavennaugh, Bennett" and that ends the discussion.

Hopefully it ends this part of this one.

But MAGA has still not been defined in clear terms.

Donald Trump is not a MAGA person in the real sense of what some describe at a high level.

What is dumb is you lecturing me for some reason I don't know.

If it's Trump vs Biden, I'll pull the lever for Trump. That has never been a question.

But it does not mean I like the guy and I think he could do better.

Now, back to MAGA.

We are projected to hit 40 trillion in debt by 2030.

We are also projected to hit 143 trillion by 2053.

What is MAGA doing about that ?

That is not making America anything but bankdrupt.
The thing you don't understand is that Trump is not and never intended to be and does not intend to be a dictator but has to work with the Congress we elect to work with him. So unlike the ideologists and Republican purists and highly partisan people of which is isn't any of those, he deals, compromises, finds a way to get it done.

Does that mean he has to accept some bad deals in order to accomplish better ones? Yes.

Trump definitely is a MAGA person and moved the country hugely toward those goals the first three years. Yes the deficits were high but were better compared to GDP than most of his predecessors and hugely more than Biden. Biden has worked his destruction with a hugely favorable press and a Congress who opposes him little. Trump accomplished all that was accomplished with a 98% negative press and a corrupt and malicious Congress.

And give Trump a majority MAGA Congress, in spite of all the negatives associated with Trump, and I believe you will see at least the beginning of wonderful transformation of the country that the Constitution intended using liberty, positive incentives, options, opportunity for all that even a corrupt and dishonest MSM and hateful Democrats will not be able to dismiss.

Saint Hikerguy appears to be happy that "Gorsuch, Kavennaugh, Bennett" were added to the Supreme Court to deprive women of their right to privacy when they get pregnant when a white Christian conservative run state decides to take it away.

The thing you don't understand is that Trump is not and never intended to be and does not intend to be a dictator but has to work with the Congress we elect to work with him.

Where did I say he was a dictator ?
So unlike the ideologists and Republican purists and highly partisan people of which is isn't any of those, he deals, compromises, finds a way to get it done.

Enough of Trump, this thread is about MAGA.

I'll go back to my premise.

American used to be "great". How was that defined.

MAGA says it is not longer great.

You can assert that, but can you prove it.
Yes the deficits were high but were better

What will MAGA do to make her great again (assuming she needs it).
Trump definitely is a MAGA person and moved the country hugely toward those goals the first three years.

WHAT GOALS ????

Is that to much to ask ?

Yes the deficits were high

The economy (no thanks to Obama) was recoverying and had a good trajectory. Obama's last deficit was a 1/2 trillion. Trump had it back to 1 trillion in 3 years. Covid doesn't count.

I expect Obama and Biden to spend like dumbasses. Why didn't Trump do something to further bring down the deficit ? Please don't say congress. I don't ever recall him saying a word about it. His claim was that revenues would go up and we'd close the gap. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED. Biden is on track for a 2.5 trillion dollar year. We will soon hit 40 trillion. I don't hear MAGA saying jack-doodely-crap about that.

but were better compared to GDP than most of his predecessors and hugely more than Biden.

Excuses.
Biden has worked his destruction with a hugely favorable press and a Congress who opposes him little. Trump accomplished all that was accomplished with a 98% negative press and a corrupt and malicious Congress.

Just like we thought he (Biden) would. He and his schills are left wing America-haters. Being "better" than Biden means little. We need a big shift and we need it now !!!

And give Trump a majority MAGA Congress, in spite of all the negatives associated with Trump, and I believe you will see at least the beginning of wonderful transformation of the country that the Constitution intended using liberty, positive incentives, options, opportunity for all that even a corrupt and dishonest MSM and hateful Democrats will not be able to dismiss.

What you believe is of little value.

But if you can define the transformation in, at least, some terms people can identify with (especially Trump and Co. talk....we can see if they really are talking about the same), then you might be meeting the purpose of this thread.

I don't follow his speeches and a quick look at reviews is a mixed bag (for what he talks about). It's what he isn't talking about that causes me pause.

As to your statement, what really bothers me is a complete lack of discussion of shrinking government. I don't want Trump to do much. And I don't want MAGA to do much at the federal level. I am not saying what I want right now because you people (MAGA disciples) refuse to put forth much in the way of specifics and I am not doing your work for you.

When does MAGA start talking about the 10th amendment in a serious way or the repeal of the 17th amendment ? America will take some steps towards greatness when her federal government gets on it's apponted task and the states do more of what they were supposed to do.

Where did I say he was a dictator ?

Enough of Trump, this thread is about MAGA.

I'll go back to my premise.

American used to be "great". How was that defined.

MAGA says it is not longer great.

You can assert that, but can you prove it.

What will MAGA do to make her great again (assuming she needs it).

WHAT GOALS ????

Is that to much to ask ?

The economy (no thanks to Obama) was recoverying and had a good trajectory. Obama's last deficit was a 1/2 trillion. Trump had it back to 1 trillion in 3 years. Covid doesn't count.

I expect Obama and Biden to spend like dumbasses. Why didn't Trump do something to further bring down the deficit ? Please don't say congress. I don't ever recall him saying a word about it. His claim was that revenues would go up and we'd close the gap. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED. Biden is on track for a 2.5 trillion dollar year. We will soon hit 40 trillion. I don't hear MAGA saying jack-doodely-crap about that.

Excuses.

Just like we thought he (Biden) would. He and his schills are left wing America-haters. Being "better" than Biden means little. We need a big shift and we need it now !!!

What you believe is of little value.

But if you can define the transformation in, at least, some terms people can identify with (especially Trump and Co. talk....we can see if they really are talking about the same), then you might be meeting the purpose of this thread.

I don't follow his speeches and a quick look at reviews is a mixed bag (for what he talks about). It's what he isn't talking about that causes me pause.

As to your statement, what really bothers me is a complete lack of discussion of shrinking government. I don't want Trump to do much. And I don't want MAGA to do much at the federal level. I am not saying what I want right now because you people (MAGA disciples) refuse to put forth much in the way of specifics and I am not doing your work for you.

When does MAGA start talking about the 10th amendment in a serious way or the repeal of the 17th amendment ? America will take some steps towards greatness when her federal government gets on it's apponted task and the states do more of what they were supposed to do.
I generally do not respond to those who chop up my posts in a way that destroys the context and/or edits what I say. Thanks for understanding.

I will say that you cannot separate MAGA and Trump because we get the opposite of MAGA with Biden and Trump is our only hope to implement it.

I generally do not respond to those who chop up my posts in a way that destroys the context and/or edits what I say. Thanks for understanding.

I will say that you cannot separate MAGA and Trump because we get the opposite of MAGA with Biden and Trump is our only hope to implement it.
Great job not answering any of the several questions I asked (again).

Whatever MAGA is to you, good luck with it.

To me, it is nothing more than a sales pitch and a ring through the nose of many short sighted people.

Still looking for a thoughtful poster to put up some clear understanding of what MAGA means.

So far, it's been vague, smoke filled B.S.

Great job not answering any of the several questions I asked (again).

Whatever MAGA is to you, good luck with it.

To me, it is nothing more than a sales pitch and a ring through the nose of many short sighted people.
And thank you for confirming what most thinking people have concluded that your OP was dishonest as you already had your mind made up and intended to denigrate the MAGA vision and all who hope for it. Again have a pleasant afternoon and evening.

And thank you for confirming what most thinking people have concluded that your OP was dishonest as you already had your mind made up and intended to denigrate the MAGA vision and all who hope for it. Again have a pleasant afternoon and evening.

Hope for what ???? :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

That some spaceship will show up and drop whatever it is you need in your lap.

Because that is as credible as any game plan you've presented so far.

I called it a "sales pitch" in my first sentence. I was totally honest. I challenged you to change my mind. You certainly have not. Keep up with the lies. If this is MAGA, it belongs in the toilet.

Trump because we get the opposite of MAGA with Biden
If MAGA means making America great again, and the majority of women in this country, want the great America when they had the right to privacy if they get pregnant, and restoring privacy to women is Biden‘s agenda, then how can you say Trump is making America great again to all Americans. You can’t it’s a freaking con game.

Still looking for a thoughtful poster to put up some clear understanding of what MAGA means.

Is Trump Thoughtful enough if I make him a poster?

CNN — If Donald Trump wants to make America great again, as his oft-repeated slogan promises, then that leads to the question: When was the last time America was actually great?​
Trump has an answer. In an interview with The New York Times published Saturday, the real estate mogul was asked when the country last reached the GOP front-runner’s lofty ideal – as a reporter asked, when do “you think the United States last had the right balance, either in terms of defense footprint or in terms of trade?”​
The answer, Trump explained, was during periods of military and industrial expansion at the onset of the 20th century and again in the years after World War II.​
teddy roosevelt donald trump dwight eisenhower composite
Getty Images
“If you look back, it really was, there was a period of time when we were developing at the turn of the century which was a pretty wild time for this country and pretty wild in terms of building that machine, that machine was really based on entrepreneurship,” he told the Times.​
Trump also pointed to the “late ’40s and ‘50s,” a time when, he said, “we were not pushed around, we were respected by everybody, we had just won a war, we were pretty much doing what we had to do.”​
Not on his list: The Reagan Era.​

Any return to the Fifties for the last time America was great in Trump’s worldview means that he views The Civil Rights Act to be not so great.

Forum List

Back