What do You Think?- NBA player refuses to stand for National Anthem

Depends ...

If he's black, he's a godless muslim and we should throw him out of the NBA.
If he's white, he has that right as well as the right to his religious beliefs and we should all work to protect that right for all real Americans.

Racist hypocrites.
Yeah, tell that to a certain baker. You only want freedom, if you agree with it.

Then stop shooting people.

10505297_685575188202205_8341687119499414459_n_zps2bc74543.jpg
spoons-made-me-fat.jpg

Anathema -

I'd stand in every country, myself. To my mind its simply a sign of respect.

It's much like all the nonsense about Obama bowing in Asia. Everyone bows in Asia, myself included. It's no different from a handshake in the US.

If people travel around the world ignoring those customs, it isn't going to do a lot for international relations. Politness costs nothing.

I'm a Nationalist and Isolationist who sees no reason to ever leave this country, so what I would do in some foreign land is a moot point for me. The only reason I do it for Canada is that hockey (the sporting event I attend) was created in Canada. If the Swedish national team was playing the US, I would not stand for that anthem.

If he is a U.S.citizen, he should stand. Give that much respect for the people who gave their life, or the one's fighting for it now.
If your not a citizen, then do what you want.

When did standing up become so much to ask? It wasn't like he was being ordered to stand on his head.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I am guessing that if he were a baseball player, he would've refused to remove his hat.

So what do you think?

Why you ask does he not stand?

Mr. XXX said it's because he's... that's right-

Muslim :up_yours:

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

More bulletin board material for Patriots

-Geaux

--------------------------------------

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing

Deport their asses, problem solved.

Freedom of speech in the greatest Nation in the world gives him the right not to stand for the National Anthem....but....it also gives the right to call him an ass hole.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.
Why would he expect the country which has been responsible for the mass murder and displacement of millions of Muslims from Palestine to Basra to eliminate evil?
abughraib2.jpg

Eliminate that.

Back in the ought-70's my roommate and I went to a college b'ball game with several of our black friends.
They remained seated during the National Anthem, chanting "not 'till we're free". And we were cool with that.

Anathema -

I'd stand in every country, myself. To my mind its simply a sign of respect.

It's much like all the nonsense about Obama bowing in Asia. Everyone bows in Asia, myself included. It's no different from a handshake in the US.

If people travel around the world ignoring those customs, it isn't going to do a lot for international relations. Politness costs nothing.

No one criticize d Obozo for bowing in Asia. We criticize d him for bowing in countries like Saudi Arabia.
Yes, everyone knows that you are to hold hands with the Saudis. Bush showed us this.
Then you must agree that it was OK for him not to stand?

Not at all. The difference is that I would not go to those countries or do business with companies in them.
Respect is respect. Perhaps if you were not afraid to go out into the world, you might have some respect for other countries. What country is this player from?

Respect is respect. Perhaps if you were not afraid to go out into the world, you might have some respect for other countries. What country is this player from?

Not afraid, disgusted. There is nothing out there worth enduring the stench that exists everywhere outside this nation. The stench of Liberalism, which invades more and more of this country on a daily basis.

Not afraid, disgusted. There is nothing out there worth enduring the stench that exists everywhere outside this nation. The stench of Liberalism, which invades more and more of this country on a daily basis.

Where, outside the US, have you visited?

Forum List

Back