What do You Think?- NBA player refuses to stand for National Anthem

If he wants to absent himself at any time for any reason that's his business. To stay there and remain seated or in any way interfere - like trying to shout down the music or making rude gestures? Yeah, I can see how you liberals would suck that up.

But not Americans.

So what do you think?

Why you ask does he not stand?

Mr. XXX said it's because he's... that's right-

Muslim :up_yours:

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

More bulletin board material for Patriots

-Geaux

--------------------------------------

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing

Who cares, I am more than tired of all the meaningless nationalistic and militaristic posturing. What's with the need for all the attempted brainwashing. Looks to me like someone has a self-esteem short coming.

So what do you think?

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

-Geaux

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing

It must be because the anthem doesn't mention killing Jews and women.

It's his choice whether he stands or not, but my everyone else's choice to think he's an asshole.

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

Who cares, I am more than tired of all the meaningless nationalistic and militaristic posturing. What's with the need for all the attempted brainwashing. Looks to me like someone has a self-esteem short coming.

patriotism for ones homeland, preserving and protecting your culture and traditions, good manners and respect for others is how human civilization advances. Hate it for you.

If that behaviour caused enough Americans to just stay home - buying no tickets - then it would quickly change things.

But, alas, Democrats aren't allowed to do stuff like that and the turnout might remain high enough that there'd still be enuff left to pay a few "stars".

If that behaviour caused enough Americans to just stay home - buying no tickets - then it would quickly change things.

But, alas, Democrats aren't allowed to do stuff like that and the turnout might remain high enough that there'd still be enuff left to pay a few "stars".

I think you have the wrong reason it wouldn't work. I think you'd be hard pressed to get enough NBA fans to give a damn whether a player stood, sat, or walked away. In the overall scheme of things it seems pretty petty.

Conservatives can be PC too.

Bullshit answer out of ignorance. You are afraid of the unfamiliar.

Not ignorance, disgust.

Where else in the world I would be allowed to carry my handgun at all times?
Where else in the world I would be able to get American style food for every meal"
Where else can I guarantee that anyone I need to deal with speaks English?
Where else can I guarantee my medical insurance will be taken?

There is no other place where these things are possible. Therefore, I see no reason or sense in leaving the US.
You are afraid to venture out into the world, try new and diverse things. Afraid to go out without a gun. You are pretty pathetic.

Where, outside the US, have you visited?

The only place outside the US I've ever been is Canada as a child. The closest I've been other than that was my trip to Puerto Rico 18 months ago. I have no interest in leaving the US. The very few things outside the US that I might have ever wanted to see are gone, so there's nothing for me out there.

I find it amusing that you act like you know something about what is out there, when you are afraid to go and see it for yourself.

Pity. You might actually learn something. There are plenty of wonderful people and places outside our national borders.

Many Orthodox Jews can't swear allegiance to anyone but their God..
Where in the national anthem does it require you to swear allegiance? Figures a liberal wouldn't know the words to the national anthem.

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

My guess:
I read that the reference to rockets and bombs is interpreted as promoting war and violence.
So some of the extreme anti-war conscientious objectors and nonviolence advocates may not agree to stand for this,
and it becomes a political statement of agreeing or not agreeing with America as a political war machine.

However, since the Christian scripture is part of the law "sent by God" which
Muslims are to follow, then if the civil authority has made it the policy to stand for the national anthem,
then this is part of respecting civil authority and human institutions.

I looked online and found this but not sure of its authenticity, but it makes a good story:
Tacoma man the reason we stand for Star Spangled Banner KPLU News for Seattle and the Northwest

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

By God, that is nearly as bad as the bad asses here braying about their patriotism, and advocating seccession.

One reason rights are enshrined in the Constitution is to protect individuals from collective outrage of the drooling masses when riled up.

How poetic.

I have rights too, and they are increasingly under attack. If my rights mean nothing anymore, the fricken muslim best get in line behind me and STFU

-Geaux
If your ox is being gored, your rights being trampled, what moral high ground do your occupy when you suggest that the ox of another be gored, the rights of another, be trampled?

Its called survival of the fittest

-Geaux

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

I know.. That's why he needs to get off his ass and show some respect!

-Geaux

You are afraid to venture out into the world, try new and diverse things. Afraid to go out without a gun. You are pretty pathetic.

I see life as an investment. I am well read and a student of both history and politics. With those things in mind I see nothing outside the US that will bring a return in my investment of time, money, etc...... to go there.

I carry a gun because I do not trust anyone and because nobody else's life is worth more than my health and property.

I find it amusing that you act like you know something about what is out there, when you are afraid to go and see it for yourself.

Pity. You might actually learn something. There are plenty of wonderful people and places outside our national borders.

The things that are to be learned outside our borders are totally contrary to everything I believe and every bit if the morals and values I was raised with. Therefore nothing outside this country us of value to me.

Bullshit answer out of ignorance. You are afraid of the unfamiliar.

Not ignorance, disgust.

Where else in the world I would be allowed to carry my handgun at all times?
Where else in the world I would be able to get American style food for every meal"
Where else can I guarantee that anyone I need to deal with speaks English?
Where else can I guarantee my medical insurance will be taken?

There is no other place where these things are possible. Therefore, I see no reason or sense in leaving the US.

HA! I've been to plenty of places in California where no one around me spoke English!

The things that are to be learned outside our borders are totally contrary to everything I believe and every bit if the morals and values I was raised with. Therefore nothing outside this country us of value to me.

And you know this how? I have traveled outside this country and learned much. I have learned from talking to people. I have learned from spending time away from the tourist traps.

You have no idea what you could or couldn't learn. All you know is what you have been told.

Forum List

Back