What do we do for the children in need

I have argued this too many times. It doesn't make any difference. Your mind is poisoned, your intelligence compromised, and it just makes me feel dirty.

As it should.

well, really now,, lugnut,, if you demonrats put yer money where your mouth was there wouldn't be any hungry children right?? you don't need old white, worn out irrelevant Republicans to give money do ya?? don't you think al gore and all the washington demorats could cut a large swath through poverty if they'd just ante up?? how much did obie wan messiah raise to get himself elected? seems like it could do the same for the poor starving children.

Good. Then, please stop responding to my posts with yor hate filled drivel.

Ohhhhhh, I get it.... you confuse 'fact' for 'hate'. Moron. You make ridiculously stupid claims about 'conservative' and when I call you on it, that's me being 'hateful' is it? What a baby.

You haven't posted a single FACT in this entire thread. All you have done is personally attack me. So, what would you know about the topic?

CG is just another asshole that thinks opinions=facts

What should happen, and what happens in reality, are totally different things.

Maybe if we stopped making it so damned easy and acceptable, they would behave more responsibility.

Acceptable. Like in a VP candidate having her pregnant unwed daughter on stage with her?

hell boy, you would have happily gone to the polls and voted for a rich white man who regularly flew out to caleeeefornia and fucked a single white woman, making babies with her while his rich white wife back home was battling cancer, so cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

Lots of us are personally opposed to abortion. I am. Will I interfere in another woman's right to choose? No. Simple enough for you? I may be against abortion on moral grounds, but I recognize that I don't have the right to impose my morals on others. I wish that lefties were so understanding and accepting.

I believe this is the proper position to take, with the added impact that I don't believe our government should be forcing women to have children they simply do not want, or simply cannot afford to take care of.

Since I believe in personal responsibility, rather than government intervention, I believe that women should not get pregnant with children they don't want or cannot afford. And, personally, I see no reason why one would choose to murder a human being rather than give it up for adoption.

Personal responsibility is great, and we all agree is important. But life isn't a fairy tale where everybody can get a job, all they have to do is work hard. But the reality is people are imperfect and make mistakes. Others peopel may have been born with disabilities or lack of intelligence to succeed in our technologically advanced times where education and intelligencde are important. Other's may have been wronged by others, like a single mom who's dad just bailed on them and she has to raise the kids by herself. Or maybe the dad just simply died. Then there are events like a fire or natural disaster that can destory people's home's and lives. Or a debilitating sickness. Or simply the fact there never is 0% unemployment and in this world. These are also facts of life.

Some of you, like I said, pretend life is a fairy tale, but its not, and reality is not on your side.

We have children through out the US whose parents cannot provide proper housing, enough food, schoold supplies and proper medical care,

Many times the parents are at fault. If the parents lived their lives different they could provide for their children's need but they don't.

It may be the parents fault but it definitely is not the chidren's fault.

What do we do for those children in need?

Personally, I pay close attention to my (neigbors and others that by some sort hand of fate that I am made aware of).

I am moved to buy things that I see they need, I box them up and place them on their front porch, with a note saying God Bless the little children. I do not put my name on them. Many times I do not get to see their reactions, but that is not why I do it. I do it because I care.

I also volunteer a bit, but that blesses me more than the ones I volunteer for

Last edited:
Maybe if we stopped making it so damned easy and acceptable, they would behave more responsibility.

Acceptable. Like in a VP candidate having her pregnant unwed daughter on stage with her?

hell boy, you would have happily gone to the polls and voted for a rich white man who regularly flew out to caleeeefornia and fucked a single white woman, making babies with her while his rich white wife back home was battling cancer, so cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

And your presumption on how I would have voted has what to do with what Palin did in promoting unwed motherhood by her actions?

Last edited:
We have children through out the US whose parents cannot provide proper housing, enough food, schoold supplies and proper medical care,

Many times the parents are at fault. If the parents lived their lives different they could provide for their children's need but they don't.

Take care of the children in your own backyard. Churches and private organizations are making huge strides in this area. Get involved.

Good point, but if one can't afford to raise a child, then one should not get pregnant.

What should happen, and what happens in reality, are totally different things.

First off, its not that easy. Secondly, its not encouraged because even people getting help from the government are living in shitty, violent neighborhoods, cockroach infected apartments, and are not living a lush and wonderful life. YOu think people on welfare, getting food stamps are living the high life? NO, they are punished even while getting government help, which frankly just keeps them alive. What happens when people are starving and are desperate? They are going to rob and steal and do anything they can to survive. Don't believe me, go watch some documentaries or starving African nations to see the type of shit humans are capable of in order to survive. That most definitely will impact your life when crime is up and they are robbing from everybody else in order to survive, or doing worse

Nope. I do not NEED to.

If you want to and can afford to donate money to charities that help starving, homeless, underprivileged kids thats your decision. If you dont thats your decision as well. Nobody should feel compulsed to donate money to any cause for some kind of smug altruistic sense of self righteousness just because other people want them to.

Assuming you have Conservative values here, and including the fact that there's irresponsible idiots a blunder...........

For one, if you don't allow for abortion then the irresponsible idiots have the kid they cannot afford. Since there's no way to eliminate irresponsible idiots, this hurts the child's life immensely.

Secondly, voluntary charity isn't even doing the job WITH subsidy, let alone without it. I couldn't in good conscience decide to both A: force idiots to have the baby then B: offer no help for the baby. Dunno.

I don't think food stamps should pay for Doritos or Ciggies. That's just retarted, and I also feel there should be a close eye that a welfare recipient remains taking active steps to leave the program.

I feel many conservatives think life is and ought to be a fairy tale, and try to simplify things that are indeed very complex. Simply telling people they should get pregnant, and if do, you have to have the baby (some would even go as far and say birth control is wrong), is not going to work. HIstory of human beings say otherwise. Don't know why they can't or refuse to accept that reality. ANd no, we are not encouraging it, cause not many people strive to live in poverty, even with gov't assitance

Actually it's the liberals who think life is a fairy tale, with Government as the fairy godmother. Here's Nancy Pelosi, if you had any doubts:
Pelosi: We Must Pass Obamacare So Artists Can Be Unemployed Comfortably | The FOX Nation

The rule is that you get the behavior you encourage. If you subsidize poverty you will get more of it. If you subsidize out of wedlock births, you get more of it. If you subsidize single parent homes you will get more of it.
In the late 1950s the average black man in his 20s was more likely to be married than the average white man. Blacks formed families at a high rate. From the Great Society on, families fell apart in large part because it was affordable for people to live on their own.
Set gov't programs that encourage independents and then make it easier for private charities to take care of the truly needy.

Take care of the children in your own backyard. Churches and private organizations are making huge strides in this area. Get involved.

Many people struggling are in poor ghettos, who's going to help these people out when there are no neighbors that can help?

Many people struggling are in poor ghettos, who's going to help these people out when there are no neighbors that can help?

Believe me, there are people that focus on just that

Assuming you have Conservative values here, and including the fact that there's irresponsible idiots a blunder...........

For one, if you don't allow for abortion then the irresponsible idiots have the kid they cannot afford. Since there's no way to eliminate irresponsible idiots, this hurts the child's life immensely.

Secondly, voluntary charity isn't even doing the job WITH subsidy, let alone without it. I couldn't in good conscience decide to both A: force idiots to have the baby then B: offer no help for the baby. Dunno.

I don't think food stamps should pay for Doritos or Ciggies. That's just retarted, and I also feel there should be a close eye that a welfare recipient remains taking active steps to leave the program.

I feel many conservatives think life is and ought to be a fairy tale, and try to simplify things that are indeed very complex. Simply telling people they should get pregnant, and if do, you have to have the baby (some would even go as far and say birth control is wrong), is not going to work. HIstory of human beings say otherwise. Don't know why they can't or refuse to accept that reality. ANd no, we are not encouraging it, cause not many people strive to live in poverty, even with gov't assitance

Actually it's the liberals who think life is a fairy tale, with Government as the fairy godmother. Here's Nancy Pelosi, if you had any doubts:
Pelosi: We Must Pass Obamacare So Artists Can Be Unemployed Comfortably | The FOX Nation

The rule is that you get the behavior you encourage. If you subsidize poverty you will get more of it. If you subsidize out of wedlock births, you get more of it. If you subsidize single parent homes you will get more of it.
In the late 1950s the average black man in his 20s was more likely to be married than the average white man. Blacks formed families at a high rate. From the Great Society on, families fell apart in large part because it was affordable for people to live on their own.
Set gov't programs that encourage independents and then make it easier for private charities to take care of the truly needy.

that's your fantasy land view, I've already addressed that people getting assistance are not living the lush life. THis is a lie you guys like to tell yourself to attempt to not sound so heartless and greedy

I think the most important thing their own State can do, is provide these children with the best education as possible. Understanding that they probably do not collect much in property taxes to provide the best schools, their States need to spend some, in order to save some in the long term.

Meaning, educating these children well, delivers them from the never ending poverty...and sure, they may leave the area with that education for greener pastures elsewhere, but surprisingly, these successful, educated people tend to come back home...with new business ideas etc....especially if the State is educating the kids well, they have good workers at their disposal.

Just feeding these children does not break the poverty trend, it perpetuates it, and makes these children's children at risk as well.

Education is the key, it will come back to the community ten fold, long term.

And I am not saying that we should let the children starve, or their parents, just that simply feeding them IS NOT helping them...it truly isn't.

care

Personally, I pay close attention to my (neigbors and others that by some sort hand of fate that I am made aware of).

I am moved to buy things that I see they need, I box them up and place them on their front porch, with a note saying God Bless the little children. I do not put my name on them. Many times I do not get to see their reactions, but that is not why I do it. I do it because I care.

I also volunteer a bit, but that blesses me more that they ones I volunteer for

Matthew 6 - Giving to the Needy:

1-"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

2-"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

3-"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,"

4-"so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

that's your fantasy land view, I've already addressed that people getting assistance are not living the lush life. THis is a lie you guys like to tell yourself to attempt to not sound so heartless and greedy

Most people in the world would be quite happy wit their own apartment, running water and electricity, indoor plumbing, car, food, cell phone, TV etc. It is everything anyone needs to be happy. With no incentive to rise out of that, few people do.
That is the problem. We have made poverty comfortable.

There's an entire "industry" to help those people. I'm surprised you're not part of it.

Do YOU have neigbors? Walk the talk is a good motto, just don't sit back and tell others on what they should do

Do YOU have neigbors? Walk the talk is a good motto, just don't sit back and tell others on what they should do

Um, who the hell am I telling to do anything? Tax money going to help others is not telling you to do anything if that's what you are implying

And guess what, there are things I don't use, I don't agree with tax payer money going to , like war, yet I'm being told I have to pay for that. I'm assuming that's where you are going with this, that "you are force to pay taxes that some is going to help poor people, yet when others complain about their "tax money" going to fund war and destruction, they are mocked and called unpatriotic.

So can we assume those that don't want gov't assistance programs we can call heartless and greedy?

Again, history of the board tells me that's where you are going with this, if I'm wrong, sorry, but I know many here argue that

Forum List

Back