What do we do for the children in need

Why do we need to do anything?
And who do you mean by "we"? Do you mean the Federal gov't? Do you mean non-profit groups? Do you mean church groups?

Because it's human nature to care, you'd think. :eek:

He's a "conservative"....do you REALLY think they give a shit about children? Well, except when they want to force women to give birth to them?

Good grief. There really is no depth to which you will not sink for your stupid partisanship, is there? What a total ass you are.

I have argued this too many times. It doesn't make any difference. Your mind is poisoned, your intelligence compromised, and it just makes me feel dirty.

Yeah we need to do more.

We need to give more food stamps.

I was in the market the other day and I saw a woman who must have weighed 350 buying frozen pizzas, pop tarts, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream and gallons of soda all with food stamps. 2 baskets worth of shit food.

seems to me her and her three kids, all fat by the way, were getting more than enough to eat.

Her bill came to some obscene amount like 300 bucks.

Seems to me if the government wants to regulate food such as less salt intake, then the government should have restrictions on food stamps. Food stamps should only be allowed for the healthy foods.

I'd be 100% down with this idea.

Yeah we need to do more.

I was in the market the other day and I saw a woman who must have weighed 350 buying frozen pizzas, pop tarts, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream and gallons of soda all with food stamps. 2 baskets worth of shit food.

seems to me her and her three kids, all fat by the way, were getting more than enough to eat.

Seems to me if the government wants to regulate food such as less salt intake, then the government should have restrictions on food stamps. Food stamps should only be allowed for the healthy foods.

I agree that this system is completely broken. I stood in line behind a guy at a 7-11 the other day. First, he paid cash for a handful of lottery tickets, then proceeded to buy his two kids a Twinkie, two moon pies and a soda with his Food Stamp (debit card).

He's a "conservative"....do you REALLY think they give a shit about children? Well, except when they want to force women to give birth to them?

Good grief. There really is no depth to which you will not sink for your stupid partisanship, is there? What a total ass you are.

Nice deflection, Cali!

No deflection. I just call stupid partisanship as stupid partisanship. Your 'point' is beyond ridiculous and does not deserve any reasoned response.

We have children through out the US whose parents cannot provide proper housing, enough food, schoold supplies and proper medical care,

Many times the parents are at fault. If the parents lived their lives different they could provide for their children's need but they don't.

It may be the parents fault but it definitely is not the chidren's fault.

What do we do for those children in need?

Do whatever you personally can afford for the child(ren) of your choice.

Yeah we need to do more.

I agree that this system is completely broken. I stood in line behind a guy at a 7-11 the other day. First, he paid cash for a handful of lottery tickets, then proceeded to buy his two kids a Twinkie, two moon pies and a soda with his Food Stamp (debit card).

And no doubt, you'll find some further ridiculous way to blame conservatives for that.

And no doubt, you'll find some further ridiculous way to blame conservatives for that.

Your hatred is blinding you. I blame "the system" for that. Who is respoonsible for the failings of "the system"? We ALL are, stupid.

My supervisor thinks that people who receive fs should have to take classes on nutrition and food preparation, and be limited to nutritious foods.

I've always maintained that sometimes when you can't afford to buy your kids other stuff, why not be able to use food stamps occasionally for frivolities.

But you know, I've come around. She's right, food stamps aren't meant to make people feel good about themselves or provide fripperies for the family. They're meant to keep people from starving. If they want to buy goodies and prepared foods and can't afford it, then they should improve their station in life.

And while many, if not most, of my clients work, there's no excuse for failing to improve their station. I did it, my supervisor did it, lots of people do it. And in t he meantime, you scrimp and squeak by, without ridiculous food, without nice cars, without expensive hobbies.

We all need to give to good children's charities to help. .

Nope. I do not NEED to.

If you want to and can afford to donate money to charities that help starving, homeless, underprivileged kids thats your decision. If you dont thats your decision as well. Nobody should feel compulsed to donate money to any cause for some kind of smug altruistic sense of self righteousness just because other people want them to.

Assuming you have Conservative values here, and including the fact that there's irresponsible idiots a blunder...........

For one, if you don't allow for abortion then the irresponsible idiots have the kid they cannot afford. Since there's no way to eliminate irresponsible idiots, this hurts the child's life immensely.

Secondly, voluntary charity isn't even doing the job WITH subsidy, let alone without it. I couldn't in good conscience decide to both A: force idiots to have the baby then B: offer no help for the baby. Dunno.

I don't think food stamps should pay for Doritos or Ciggies. That's just retarted, and I also feel there should be a close eye that a welfare recipient remains taking active steps to leave the program.

Fallacy: legal abortions reduce the number of "unwanted", "abused", or "poor" children. All it has done is create the illusion that children come second to their parents, and sex is without consequence.

Your hatred is blinding you. I blame "the system" for that. Who is respoonsible for the failings of "the system"? We ALL are, stupid.

I don't hate you, Va. I feel sorry for you. You're worthy of my pity, but not my time to refute your stupidity or the effort to 'hate'. In fact, I always laugh when people accuse others of 'hate'. It is even more moronic than your stupid claims about 'conservatives'. You're rapidly losing that last shred of credibility.

money should be given into well done orphanages and the children transferred there. the parents should be made sterile after the children leave so that their irrespsonsible ways won't effect society again

As someone who grew up in an orphanage, I can assure you that is not the answer. Forced sterility is also not the answer.

I don't hate you, Va. I feel sorry for you. You're worthy of my pity, but not my time to refute your stupidity or the effort to 'hate'. In fact, I always laugh when people accuse others of 'hate'. It is even more moronic than your stupid claims about 'conservatives'. You're rapidly losing that last shred of credibility.

Good. Then, please stop responding to my posts with yor hate filled drivel.

Give me a break, wingnut.

REFUTE what I said with facts. The GOP wants our Federal Government to outlaw abortion. Yet, they rail against Democrats for trying to get our Federal Government to help those children in need after they are born.

Please post proof the GOP wants to outlaw abortion.
Please post where the GOP has ever railed against trying to help children.

On the contrary, the Dums use "for the children" for every stupid tax increase and program that comes down the pike. None of them have made any difference, except to make things worse overall.
I realize that your mind is made up and facts will not sway you in the slightest. I have no answer for that except maybe you ought to stay home and watch TV instead of posting here.

You consider it "hate" when someone correctly identifies you as a rhetoric slinging idealogue?

Apparently you've never had to deal with real hate. For example, the kind of hate that makes people think we should kill babies for the good of society. Or the kind of hate that makes people think poor people should be sterilized and their living children warehoused.

Forum List

Back