What do Republicans want?

Did you forget they don't count people as unemployed who aren't looking for work? Obama started that trend. 401k is down I've lost over 10,000 dollars since Biden has been president.

Did you forget they don't count people as unemployed who aren't looking for work?

They never did.

Obama started that trend.

He was awful, but he didn't change the unemployment calculations.

They want to return America to an idealized past that never existed to being with – a past far from ideal for women, Americans of color, gay and transgender Americans, and immigrants.

Republicans want to return America to a time of racism, bigotry, and hate – a time when Americans of color and other minorities were marginalized and excluded from political participation, a time when it was a crime to be gay or transgender, and a time when immigrants could be discriminated against absent due process of the law.

Republicans have succeeded in returning women to that of second-class citizens, denying them their right to reproductive autonomy – and Republicans won’t stop at criminalizing abortion, hence the right’s ongoing war on democracy.

Amen!

When Obama's ARRA plan failed to create the jobs they promised, they changed the stats to
"Jobs created or saved".

That lie had no impact on the unemployment rate calculations.
In the 12 months ending September 2022, the U.S. labor force participation rate ranged between a low of 61.7% and a high of 62.3% (which was the figure for September 2022), according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which publishes the figures monthly.1

From 2013 on, the monthly figures held steady in the vicinity of 63%, after a sharp decline in the wake of the Great Recession. However, in early 2020, the labor force participation rate fell dramatically, dropping from 63.4% to 61.4% in the first half of the year, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Its low point was reached in April 2020, when the rate sank to 60.2%.2

They want to return America to an idealized past that never existed to being with – a past far from ideal for women, Americans of color, gay and transgender Americans, and immigrants.

Republicans want to return America to a time of racism, bigotry, and hate – a time when Americans of color and other minorities were marginalized and excluded from political participation, a time when it was a crime to be gay or transgender, and a time when immigrants could be discriminated against absent due process of the law.

Republicans have succeeded in returning women to that of second-class citizens, denying them their right to reproductive autonomy – and Republicans won’t stop at criminalizing abortion, hence the right’s ongoing war on democracy.
You're a lying sack of shit

Stopping dem vote fraud will get Republicans elected? That's awful!!!
Making it hard for legal voters to vote will get Republicans elected.

We can over come that by making the effort to vote regardless of the obstacles they put up

Again, wouldn't it be more productive to improve the system and at least act like you care? Wouldn't that be more productive. You know, Biden and unity.
No reason to “improve” on virtually zero fraud.

There is absolutely no reason to humor your retarded paranoid delusions.

There is absolutely no reason to humor your retarded paranoid delusions.

Dems kick and scream so hard against purging stale voter rolls and against voter ID because
they wouldn't lose a single vote? DURR

A democratic republic (which we are, is not “mob rule” . Far from it.

The Founders did NOT want a minority “faction” (party) to control policy and that is what you want when you go on about us being a Republic.
A repub presidential candidate will not win the popular vote in the foreseeable future. The repubs thrive on minority rule due to the outdated EV system....and gerrymandering Congressional districts. Their desperation is growing.

That is why they are embracing authoritarianism

A repub presidential candidate will not win the popular vote in the foreseeable future. The repubs thrive on minority rule due to the outdated EV system....and gerrymandering Congressional districts. Their desperation is growing.

That is why they are embracing authoritarianism

Is that why more Hispanic voters are trending Republican?

Democrats tax and spend, Republicans borrow and spend. All the talk radio rhetoric aside, that's what happens. Republicans have been told since the day that Limbaugh went national that they're economic geniuses simply because they have an (R) after their name. That is an absolute lie. A fantasy. My 22 years as a financial advisor has taught me that beyond any shadow of a doubt.

What do I see in Democratic leadership? Partisan politics. Tedious, predictable, insulting, partisan bullshit rhetoric. The enabling of destructive political correctness and identity politics, which played a BIG role in bringing us Trumpism. And one of the things I will ALWAYS resent the GQP for is the fact that I had to vote for the Democratic candidate in the last two presidential elections.

I'm not even political. All this crap isn't about politics for me, because I don't understand politics (or more specifically, the behaviors and motivating factors therein). It's about sociology, anthropology, about us as a people. And it sure doesn't look very promising right now.
I guess my problem with this is tax and spend doesn't affect the debt in any way. Isn't it a myth that when democrats squeeze working people, it has any real difference on our debt? It is nice to think that it is being responsible and covering the costs, but democrats don't come close to what they spend, and they always seem to want more and more. As crazy as the republicans spend, the democrats always push for even more massive spending bills. I get it, the outrageous spending by both sides is unacceptable, but when democrats squeeze working people, it does not even slow the debt and people suffer. I see tax and spend as a way for democrats to feel better about the spending while making people suffer, and having no real effect other than making people suffer.

Forum List

Back