What country do you want to live in?

margaritaville.jpg

I already live there..Look in the upper right of my post. :D

Canada has universal health care, gay marriage, decriminalized pot, stricter hand gun laws, and their banks weren't involved in Wall Street's derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

you have been saying that for the last 4 years.....yet here you are.....no balls Chris?.....or are you as i suspect....all talk?.....

I've been in a few countries and was always in awe of how far behind us they are developed.

You still have a save water in Italy and most of the eu, I won't go into the details of just how filthy Egypt was.

Even though liberals are trying to ruin the best run country, this is the best place to live, as long as we hold onto the Constitution.

LOL. You think so?

I just spent two weeks in England on vacation. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Agreed, I've been to England. Cool place to visit, but would never live there. They're becoming a police state faster than we are and don't have as much freedom.

The UK is also appeasing Sharia Law supporters.......must be fun if you are a woman that likes to get the shit kicked out of you or homosexual who gets death by stoning.

Canada has universal health care, gay marriage, decriminalized pot, stricter hand gun laws, and their banks weren't involved in Wall Street's derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

you have been saying that for the last 4 years.....yet here you are.....no balls Chris?.....or are you as i suspect....all talk?.....

He just parrots talking points, he doesnt even know what he's saying...

Cow man? lol... I'm just talking about how hard it is to work and live, ie emigrate to other modern countries at least- even hard to even retire there. Brazil, 3rd world maybe you can retire at least....

WAit it's difficult to emigrate to other countries? Yet the US should have open borders? hmmmm

Quite frankly, I'd be happy living off the grid in the middle of nowhere so the fucking government wouldn't even know I existed.

I want to live in America.....let's talk when.....Economically? 1950's-1970.... Socially? Now, I suppose.....although, I'm not crazy about the gangs and violence in our cities that is even creeping into our rural part of PA lately...so I'd like to have the disclaimer of Pre-war on Drugs on that particular issue.

Good enough?

If I have to choose a different country? Germany or France maybe...although.I'd have to work pretty hard with Rosetta Stone for a while.

If the gangs are creeping into your area DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT..
Small townspeople have far more clout in the township government than in a large city.
You go to the meeting and you tell them, "if you don't get rid of the gang bangers, we will elect someone who will. Your failure to enforce the law is going to cost lives."
Or you get together with some of the people in town and pick the gangsters off one by one.
Trust me, there won't be 12 people within 100 miles of you that would convict you in a trial.
All those Euro countries have gangs as well. Because of it's extremely liberal immigration policies, France will be a Muslim dominant country in 10 years. Germany although a orderly nation where the people have a high conscience of duty and community, has neo Nazi gangs all over the place.

You mean like.. form a gang? Have any of you guys watched an episode of Gangland? These clowns are getting their hands on grenades, assault rifles, fully automatic machine pistols, military issue shotguns, sniper rifles.. good luck with that. I'm originally from Philly and recently the MS-13's (probably the most violent street gang) have moved in as well as the Bloods (we've always had Crips). There is also a cycle gang but I'm not familiar with them.

Anyway, on the topic - lived a year in Sicily, Italy, and would absolutely go back if I was forced to move. The food/women were delicious.

I want to live in America.....let's talk when.....Economically? 1950's-1970.... Socially? Now, I suppose.....although, I'm not crazy about the gangs and violence in our cities that is even creeping into our rural part of PA lately...so I'd like to have the disclaimer of Pre-war on Drugs on that particular issue.

Good enough?

If I have to choose a different country? Germany or France maybe...although.I'd have to work pretty hard with Rosetta Stone for a while.

You don't get to have it both ways.

Traditional American values built this land.

Look what your Big Gubmint dependency is bringing:

OBAMA'S AMERICA: STUDENT READING SAT SCORES HIT RECORD LOWS

Obama's America: Student Reading SAT Scores Hit Record Lows

Good enough?

You don't get to have it both ways.

Traditional American values built this land.

Look what your Big Gubmint dependency is bringing:

OBAMA'S AMERICA: STUDENT READING SAT SCORES HIT RECORD LOWS

Obama's America: Student Reading SAT Scores Hit Record Lows

That isn't a failing of Obama. I go to school with some of your kids and grandkids, and boy are they stupid. Maybe you should read to them more instead of sending them upstairs to their Xbox's and Playstations. The SATs are also cumalative, comprised of information students learn throughout the entire educational process, not just the last four years. READING and WRITING should be fundamentally established much earlier than in high school. Nice try, dickface.

Last edited:
No no, you can choose America. I don't want to take America off the table, I'm just wondering how many people feel there are other countires with better governments and what makes those places better then us. And of course, what countries those are:)

Hmm... I'm not really sure. I'm not so full of patriotic hubris to rule out the possibility, even the likelihood, that there are better countries, better governments, or places that I'd really like to live. But given that the US is my home, the country where I was born and raised and the society that has given so much to me, it would take more than just a better 'ranking' to compel me to leave.

That said, things are changing. Sometimes it seems they're changing rather quickly, and not in the direction I'd like to see. If corporatism continues to be our defacto mode of government, and if the ubiquitous state continues to encroach on personal freedom, I'd consider looking for greener pastures.

If I was to leave the US, I'd probably go to Grand Cayman.

Cayman's nice. Though not much to do there if you're not a banker or a scuba diver. I'm not a banker, but my gf's family has a timeshare there and the diving is fantastic.

Forum List

Back