What Can Be Done About Violent Crime You Ask?

If you're soft on crime, you get more of it. Defund the police = more crime, especially more violent crime and it's not even debatable. Look at the crime statistics between democrat-run cities and those run by Repubs, the difference is stark. The democrats believe we should ban assault weapons, but the truth is that won't make a bit of difference. I've got a 9mm S&W semi-auto handgun at home that carries 16 bullets in it. I could walk into a crowd somewhere and start pulling the trigger and inside of one minute empty the clip, reload another clip with another clip (16 more bullets), and resume firing. It takes about 2 seconds to eject the empty clip and stick in the new one. And I could probably do it a 2nd or 3rd time, maybe 50 bullets in 60 seconds. This ain't no assault weapon.

View attachment 480626

If you want to reduce violent crime, then go after the criminals. Make it known in your state or jurisdiction that you're going away for a very long time if you commit a crime with a gun.

I prefer more access to vocational training, small business loans, etc.

You
Humans are not inherently criminal.
Crime is artificially created, and we know what the causes are.
They are poverty, injustice, lack of opportunity, lack of education, lack of health care, lack of food, lack of reasonable housing, etc.

Obviously we can easily reduce crime to almost nil levels, just by providing some essential resources and opportunities we took away when we took the land that used to be common and started calling it private.
Which is inherently unjust because no one created the land, so then no one really has the right to claim exclusive ownership of any land.

All we have to do is ensure a minimal guarantees housing, food, jobs, etc., and crime will almost disappear.
Things like the War on Drugs obviously also has to stop, as that is not based on justice or real law, and is totally corrupt and unfair.
You've got to be kidding. All those things were guaranteed in the USSR and even a totalitarian government that allowed its citizens no rights at all couldn’t control the crime. What moronic left wing college professor injected that nonsense into your brain and how did you manage to get through twelve years of lower grade education without absorbing even a smidgen of critical thinking?

You
Humans are not inherently criminal.
Crime is artificially created, and we know what the causes are.
They are poverty, injustice, lack of opportunity, lack of education, lack of health care, lack of food, lack of reasonable housing, etc.

Obviously we can easily reduce crime to almost nil levels, just by providing some essential resources and opportunities we took away when we took the land that used to be common and started calling it private.
Which is inherently unjust because no one created the land, so then no one really has the right to claim exclusive ownership of any land.

All we have to do is ensure a minimal guarantees housing, food, jobs, etc., and crime will almost disappear.
Things like the War on Drugs obviously also has to stop, as that is not based on justice or real law, and is totally corrupt and unfair.
You've got to be kidding. All those things were guaranteed in the USSR and even a totalitarian government that allowed its citizens no rights at all couldn’t control the crime. What moronic left wing college professor injected that nonsense into your brain and how did you manage to get through twelve years of lower grade education without absorbing even a smidgen of critical thinking?

That makes no sense.
The prime causes of crime are injustice and lack of freedom, so the fact totalitarian governments may try to weaken resistance with some obvious bribes we do not bother with, that does not mean should not bother with these easy fixes for crime. The point is there will be crime when government abuses these basic principles. The fact totalitarian government violate different principles than our government does, make them both bad, and neither is cause to blame the people.

I believe that drug legalization would significantly reduce violence in America, particularly in America's ghettos.

I disagee entirely. Its unlikely that legalization of drugs will reduce the illegal drug trade as the taxes on legal grass are exhorbinate. However, even if the drug trade provided cheap highs, violent gangs will find other rackets to make money with. Like when booze was legalized in 1933, gangsters entered the union rackets and gambling, as well as drugs.
Yep. There’s no casual users of heroin and PCP. All hard drugs immediately sink their talons into you and will never ever release. It’s a spiral to death. The lucky ones stop but it’s a fight they make 7/24.

I believe that drug legalization would significantly reduce violence in America, particularly in America's ghettos.

I disagee entirely. Its unlikely that legalization of drugs will reduce the illegal drug trade as the taxes on legal grass are exhorbinate. However, even if the drug trade provided cheap highs, violent gangs will find other rackets to make money with. Like when booze was legalized in 1933, gangsters entered the union rackets and gambling, as well as drugs.
Yep. There’s no casual users of heroin and PCP. All hard drugs immediately sink their talons into you and will never ever release. It’s a spiral to death. The lucky ones stop but it’s a fight they make 7/24.

Wrong.
If drugs are legal, they are less profitable, fewer interesting in pushing them, government would have more credibility about dangers, and you can easily get medical help then to get off of them.

Sure after Prohibition was ended the gangs got into other things, but violence greatly reduced.

Wrong.
If drugs are legal, they are less profitable, fewer interesting in pushing them, government would have more credibility about dangers, and you can easily get medical help then to get off of them.

Sure after Prohibition was ended the gangs got into other things, but violence greatly reduced.
Yeah, right. Drug cartels are just going to take a loss. Get real.

Wrong.

If drugs become legal once again, then gangs won't have a monopoly any more.
Price and profits will go back down.

Wrong.

The massive taxes that states are putting on grass continue to make it a profitable racket. Smuggling cigarettes because of the tremendous tax rates is very profitable for gangsters.

Further, even if the government made drugs cheap and available to the Junkies, gangsters would just find another racket to operate and fight with themselves over. In the 1930's, labor unions became a great way to shake people down and "earn" a living.

That is the most absurd and bizarre statement I ever heard. In places where drugs are so available the issue of legalization is moot, the violence is common.
Yes, millions trying to buy drugs they desperately need with no money because in their drug induced lives they can’t hold down a job.

Perfect formula for violent crime to skyrocket.

I posit that a different approach is necessary.

Before drugs were criminalized, there was much less problem.
When drugs are legal, then government is more credible and you can get medical help.
Why were drugs less of a problem? Users didn't live long. There was no social safety net. No medical care at all. No food stamps or EBT. No welfare, no shelters, not even a charity supplied tent. Piss someone off and get shot or lynched. Families that cared might lock a user in an attic or basement. I would certainly support the legalization of drugs if they were left to die in an alley.

Wrong.

Most hard drugs must be imported because they don’t grow here. And all hard drugs turn all users into unproductive jellyfish.

Wrong.

The massive taxes that states are putting on grass continue to make it a profitable racket. Smuggling cigarettes because of the tremendous tax rates is very profitable for gangsters.

Further, even if the government made drugs cheap and available to the Junkies, gangsters would just find another racket to operate and fight with themselves over. In the 1930's, labor unions became a great way to shake people down and "earn" a living.
Today, human smuggling makes more than drugs. Especially children.

Wrong.

Most hard drugs must be imported because they don’t grow here. And all hard drugs turn all users into unproductive jellyfish.
Anyone who wants to legalize drugs should go to Los Angeles skid row to see how legalization works in real time.

Wrong.

Anyone who wants to legalize drugs should go to Los Angeles skid row to see how legalization works in real time.
Exactly. I’ve seen firsthand what drugs do to people, as I suspect you have.

That is the most absurd and bizarre statement I ever heard. In places where drugs are so available the issue of legalization is moot, the violence is common.

Drug wars drive a lot of violence. Once the profit is removed from the illicit drug trade, the accompanying violence also vanishes. A user has no need to buy from a local drug gang when they can buy it at a local drug store.

Drug wars drive a lot of violence. Once the profit is removed from the illicit drug trade, the accompanying violence also vanishes. A user has no need to buy from a local drug gang when they can buy it at a local drug store.
How does a jobless addict get drugs?
Oh yeah. They rob and murder.

Alright. Well, then let's make them illegal and then the problem will go away.

Bullshit.

If illicit drugs no longer earn money for the gangsters, they will earn another way. Maybe Human Trafficking, which is very profitable. Or labor unions, where the gangsters skim the paychecks of the working man?

Alright, gents. Let's just make them illegal and keep doing what we've been doing for the past 50+ years and I'm sure the problem will go away.

Alright. Well, then let's make them illegal and then the problem will go away.
It minimizes the problem and we need to start executing dealers like many nations do.
Watch the problem go away.

Forum List

Back