What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks?

I'm not talking about people who have been laid off and need money to pay their rent, etc. I'm talking about the majority of us who have not (yet) been hurt financially by the Great Lockdown. What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks - order more crap from Amazon/China? Leave it in the bank?

Seriously, what is the theory about printing more money and sending it to people who don't need to (or can't) buy anything right now? How, specifically, is this restoring the economy? (The Money Multiplier Effect doesn't apply if we don't spend it.) Are we really doing anything more than buying acquiescence from the general public?

I think there is a lot more going on here than merely taking precautions against a new viral strain. Life in America is going to be quite different than it was before this latest contagion. Some people can't wait for the coming New Order. What about you?

You could not cash it or send it back,

If I were getting a check I would use it for hookers and blow.

I’m not getting one. But if I were; I’d buy more preps. Water filtration, and off grid analogs for all cooking devices.

Exactly... That STIMULUS should have been RESERVED for the recovery... NOT at the height of the crisis.
If we don't get money flowing through the economy NOW...there won't BE a Recovery worth talking about

I'm not talking about people who have been laid off and need money to pay their rent, etc. I'm talking about the majority of us who have not (yet) been hurt financially by the Great Lockdown. What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks - order more crap from Amazon/China? Leave it in the bank?

Seriously, what is the theory about printing more money and sending it to people who don't need to (or can't) buy anything right now? How, specifically, is this restoring the economy? (The Money Multiplier Effect doesn't apply if we don't spend it.) Are we really doing anything more than buying acquiescence from the general public?

I think there is a lot more going on here than merely taking precautions against a new viral strain. Life in America is going to be quite different than it was before this latest contagion. Some people can't wait for the coming New Order. What about you?

Exactly... That STIMULUS should have been RESERVED for the recovery... NOT at the height of the crisis.. ALL that money should have been laser focused on the unemployed... RIGHT ON!!!

BTW -- MINE is going to replace one of 3 HVAC systems that I need to upgrade... BUT -- I'd rather my daughter boyfriend got his unemployment sooner and more generously...

I was on unemployment a few years ago. With the $600 extra a week, how do you compare that to the $415 I got for 2 weeks? I was unemployed from a job making $50,000 and got $830. These newly unemployed are getting over $3200 a month from being a waiter/waitress.

Invest in the stock market

Life in America is going to be quite different than it was before this latest contagion.
In what way?

A global reset. New world order, currency, and then massive destruction. That way.

What are we supposed to do with our Stimulus Checks?

Go to the Kennedy Center...

Or invest in some really cheap stocks that will rebound and sky-rocket once this is all over...

That's exactly what I plan to do with it, find a really down day on the market, and invest it. I've never been invested in the market till this. But I opened a brokerage account and now the proud owner of some cheap stocks that pay a great dividend.

Exactly... That STIMULUS should have been RESERVED for the recovery... NOT at the height of the crisis.
If we don't get money flowing through the economy NOW...there won't BE a Recovery worth talking about

Not true.. You'll get arrested in about 48 states for going out and buying anything.. The only WINNERS of that would be Amazon and a few others.. That's a DETRIMENTAL side effect of the govt picking winners/losers.. Ma/Pop and even nationwide FRANCHISES will still be on life support...

Wont see a DIME of that money because Jeff Bezos will have it all...

Rich people won't get a check.

Pay your rent. Buy food, stay afloat until this is over.

Exactly... That STIMULUS should have been RESERVED for the recovery... NOT at the height of the crisis.. ALL that money should have been laser focused on the unemployed... RIGHT ON!!!

BTW -- MINE is going to replace one of 3 HVAC systems that I need to upgrade... BUT -- I'd rather my daughter boyfriend got his unemployment sooner and more generously...

I was on unemployment a few years ago. With the $600 extra a week, how do you compare that to the $415 I got for 2 weeks? I was unemployed from a job making $50,000 and got $830. These newly unemployed are getting over $3200 a month from being a waiter/waitress.

Some waiters/waitresses CAN make that.. I have no problem with paying them generously.. Certainly the unemployed are about a 1/3 of all households getting "free money"..,. The OTHER 2/3 are living much the same life as they were BEFORE COVID.. Same with seniors.. Might be some costs for "quarantining" themselves, but many seniors are already living a "quarantined" life to some extent..

EXCEPT those who signed up for once in a lifetime ocean cruises back in Jan/Feb/March... :eek:

The ISSUE is -- when it comes from DC -- it's "one size fits all".. Doesn't even calculate a "cost of living" diff between NYC and Huntsville Al. That's just SNAFU for biz in the swamp..

Some waiters/waitresses CAN make that.. I have no problem with paying them generously.. Certainly the unemployed are about a 1/3 of all households getting "free money"..,. The OTHER 2/3 are living much the same life as they were BEFORE COVID.. Same with seniors.. Might be some costs for "quarantining" themselves, but many seniors are already living a "quarantined" life to some extent..

EXCEPT those who signed up for once in a lifetime ocean cruises back in Jan/Feb/March... :eek:

The ISSUE is -- when it comes from DC -- it's "one size fits all".. Doesn't even calculate a "cost of living" diff between NYC and Huntsville Al. That's just SNAFU for biz in the swamp..

Up to $150K per household. To most Americans -- that's rich..

Who do you consider rich? I’m not getting a check. And I put in 70+ hours a week. I don’t need a check. But I do need those I rely on to be able to show to work.

Who do you consider rich? I’m not getting a check. And I put in 70+ hours a week. I don’t need a check. But I do need those I rely on to be able to show to work.
What's your income?

What's your income?
WTF? Why would I tell you? What do you consider rich?

Most likely spend it on a sh*tload (pun IS intended) of toilet paper. I kid, I kid! I would hope to use it to help others not as fortunate as me.

Forum List

Back