What are some of your favorite songs by The Bee Gees?

1) You Win Again 2) How Deep Is Your Love 3) For Whom The Bell Tolls 4) Nights on Broadway 5) Fanny (Be Tender)
An honorable mention goes to New York Mining Disaster 1941. But that songs impact is better when you view it live.
Their live 3 song medleys were otherworldly.

Among the most prolific songwriters and performers of an entire generation. There are artists who owe them big for writing successful songs for them.
They did some great live performances over the years. The best was probably their 1997 One Night Only concert in Vegas.

1) You Win Again 2) How Deep Is Your Love 3) For Whom The Bell Tolls 4) Nights on Broadway 5) Fanny (Be Tender)
An honorable mention goes to New York Mining Disaster 1941. But that songs impact is better when you view it live.
Their live 3 song medleys were otherworldly.

Among the most prolific songwriters and performers of an entire generation. There are artists who owe them big for writing successful songs for them.
They did some great live performances over the years. The best was probably their 1997 One Night Only concert in Vegas.
Thanks very much for your post, Jack.

A close friend loved “I Started a Joke” and “Every Christian Lionhearted Man” ... he committed suicide when he was in his late thirties. ; (

I loved The Bee Gees myself. Later after I turned 40 I became a big Hustle dancer, and lots of their songs were great for that, like “Stayin Alive.” Never had a white suit or any of that crap though. I actually taught disco dancing for awhile and used to use their music because of the great steady beat.

I LIKE Night Fever, it's a great song. It's probably around #10 for my favorites by the Brothers Gibb..
From a songwriting perspective, I like how it downshifts from the verse to the pre-chorus/chorus.
That IS interesting about the song. Nice observation. I'm also a fan of the music of Andy Gibb. I really like his songs, "I Just Want to Be Your Everything", and "Shadow Dancing". It's a shame he died so young.

Talking about the time of disco music / disco dancing. For some in Brooklyn and the Bronx, and in a few old warehouses in Manhattan, it was really special. The new dancing grew out of Lindy Swing, Salsa, and just “vogue-ing.” Folks were tired of politics and rioting and just wanted to have fun. There were whites and blacks of every persuasion, gays too, all just out to have a good time. Some of the dancing was really stupendous. I just witnessed it then. I didn’t get into it until much later.

. I just witnessed it then. I didn’t get into it until much later.
It's an interesting phenomenon that, when you're actually experiencing a truly special moment in time, you often don't realize it until much later. Most likely fueled by its inevitable demise.
I was into much heavier music at the time as well.

Forum List

Back