What are some of your favorite songs by the band, The Eagles?

My favorites are - 1) Hotel California 2) Take It To The Limit 3) Take It Easy 4) Already Gone, and 5) Life in the Fast Lane

My favorite Eagles song is Don Henley's favorite Eagles song.

The Last Resort.

It's more true today than it was in the 70s when Mr. Henley and Mr. Fry wrote the song so long ago.

I had the honor of working with, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmidt all as solo acts and the whole band once.

They are nothing but pure joy to work with.

I would put this far ahead in terms of both music and sheer vocal power.

Yeah, In the City is a real good song.

Released as a single as "Joe Walsh" and in the movie "Warriors," but it was the full band all along.

Trivia question, who recruited Walsh to the Eagles?

1. Don Henley
  2. Glen Frey
  3. Don Felder
Which one recruited him? I don't know this.

Don Felder. He started Jamming with Joe after a Joe Walsh concert and the two hit it off. Felder was lead guitar AFTER Walsh joined, with Walsh ALWAYS acknowledging that Felder was the far better musician. But the two praise each other to this day. (Glen Frey hated Felder.)

Released as a single as "Joe Walsh" and in the movie "Warriors," but it was the full band all along.

1. Don Henley
  2. Glen Frey
  3. Don Felder

Don Felder. He started Jamming with Joe after a Joe Walsh concert and the two hit it off. Felder was lead guitar AFTER Walsh joined, with Walsh ALWAYS acknowledging that Felder was the far better musician. But the two praise each other to this day. (Glen Frey hated Felder.)
Thanks for your answer. The two of them jamming together on the song, "Hotel California" is just fantastic.

303880548-lebowski-eagles-o.gif

1. Don Henley
  2. Glen Frey
  3. Don Felder

I don't about Felder, but Glen Frey was one of the stars I think along with Don Henley.

One more post. I'm not sure if this is how they recorded Hotel California originally, but look at how they played their song coming together again for their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 1998. Standing ovation!

I don't about Felder, but Glen Frey was one of the stars I think along with Don Henley.

Henley and Frey started the group and were the two main lead singers. Felder joined on the 3rd Album - at which time the musical direction shifted from Country to rock. Felder was/is a prolific song writer and penned many of the hits, including "Hotel California" (Lyrics by Don Henley).

Felder brought Joe Walsh into the group, further solidifying the band as hard rock and pulling away from the country direction Bernie Leadon had set on the first two albums.

Henley and Frey started the group and were the two main lead singers. Felder joined on the 3rd Album - at which time the musical direction shifted from Country to rock. Felder was/is a prolific song writer and penned many of the hits, including "Hotel California" (Lyrics by Don Henley).

Felder brought Joe Walsh into the group, further solidifying the band as hard rock and pulling away from the country direction Bernie Leadon had set on the first two albums.

437479ea386d26591afbf1d47ad6321a.jpg

What about Life in the Fast Lane with Joe and Stevie? The songs and stories keep comin'.

Forum List

Back