What are some of your favorite Science Fiction books, all-time?

1597152579601.png

More fantasy than sci-fi but an excellent read by Roger Zelazny.

The young people I've suggested them to agree.

*****SMILE*****

:)

This would include either novels or short fiction collections. My favorites include - The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury, The Illustrated Man, by Ray Bradbury, The Sirens of Titan, by Kurt Vonnegut, Deathbird Stories, by Harlan Ellison, and Strange Wine, by Harlan Ellison.

Stranger in a Strange Land.

Do you know Stranger in a Strange Land was banned from school reading lists based on its controversial themes. The description of The Church of All Worlds' communal living situation and belief in free love were deemed inappropriate. ... The novel remained banned in Texas schools until 2003.

View attachment 373710

And now schools ban things like Gone With The Wind, Huckleberry Finn, and the like. I'll even bet Jules Verne and Edgar Rice Burroughs are on the hit list for progressive banning due to content.

Matthew 7:3
"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
American Standard Version

*****SMILE*****

Why point fingers on this thread? Do you really believe progressives and not conservatives seek to censor books and films?

This would include either novels or short fiction collections. My favorites include - The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury, The Illustrated Man, by Ray Bradbury, The Sirens of Titan, by Kurt Vonnegut, Deathbird Stories, by Harlan Ellison, and Strange Wine, by Harlan Ellison.

Do you know Stranger in a Strange Land was banned from school reading lists based on its controversial themes. The description of The Church of All Worlds' communal living situation and belief in free love were deemed inappropriate. ... The novel remained banned in Texas schools until 2003.

View attachment 373710

And now schools ban things like Gone With The Wind, Huckleberry Finn, and the like. I'll even bet Jules Verne and Edgar Rice Burroughs are on the hit list for progressive banning due to content.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

*****SMILE*****

Why point fingers on this thread? Do you really believe progressives and not conservatives seek to censor books and films?

1597155595151.png

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

Exactly.

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

Why did I do what? Censor you? I don't have that power, nor would I want to censor anyone who posts on a message board.

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

Why did I do what? Censor you? I don't have that power, nor would I want to censor anyone who posts on a message board.

Please stay off my thread if you are unable to address my OP. Thank you.

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

1597156207771.png

Don't act coy. You are the one who started posting about the banning of books. I merely pointed out that it continues even today by other groups of people. If you don't like the comparison then perhaps you should look into that mote as you build your bonfire because it makes you no better than those you accuse.

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

Was my initial comment ["Why point fingers on this thread?] not in defense of your thread?

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373743

Don't act coy. You are the one who started posting about the banning of books. I merely pointed out that it continues even today by other groups of people. If you don't like the comparison then perhaps you should look into that mote as you build your bonfire because it makes you no better than those you accuse.

*****CHUCKLE*****

I'm not being coy, you opened the door with this partisan comment:

"And now schools ban things like Gone With The Wind, Huckleberry Finn, and the like. I'll even bet Jules Verne and Edgar Rice Burroughs are on the hit list for progressive banning due to content."

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

Was my initial comment ["Why point fingers on this thread?] not in defense of your thread?

Please STAY AWAY from this thread, or I will report you for trolling and not addressing the OP.

View attachment 373710

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373737

Why did you?

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 373743

*****CHUCKLE*****

I'm not being coy, you opened the door with this partisan comment:

"And now schools ban things like Gone With The Wind, Huckleberry Finn, and the like. I'll even bet Jules Verne and Edgar Rice Burroughs are on the hit list for progressive banning due to content."

1597156747280.png

Texas is known to be conservative. Which is where this conversation began.

Your point about partisan is?

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back