What are some of your favorite pop/rock songs all-time?

Got to say that the Doobie Brothers Black Water was amazing. Two would be Simon and Grafunkel Sounds of Silence. Third would be a toss up Peter Paul and Mary Puff the magic dragon or Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze. After that there are so many songs by Buddy Holly and The Doors it would be hard to name one above the other.

Not to derail the thread but always wondered how music would have changed if Hendrix, Buddy Holly and Jim Morrison had lived longer.
Yep, the music world would've been more interesting if Hendrix, Holly, and Morrison HAD lived longer. Unfortunately we can only speculate where their music would've gone.
Problem was Hendrix wanted to do things in the studio. The executives wanted him out on the road promoting his work. He hated crowds and hated doing the same song time after time. He was supposed to go on early at Woodstock but when he saw the crowd he refused. Was finally forced on after being told he would be sued.
thats not what i read in a story of the bands at woodstock....here is it here....
Jimi Hendrix had been booked as a headliner at Woodstock, but he didn’t take the stage until the event was nearly over—Monday morning at 9 a.m. Part of the reason is Hendrix had a clause in his contract stipulating that no act could follow his performance. By the time Hendrix began his set, the exhausted Monday-morning crowd had dwindled to about 30,000.

Some songs, I just don't get tired of hearing.
1. Money - Pink Floyd
2. Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
3. We Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
4. Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
5. Crazy On You - Heart
6. Roundabout - Yes
7. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
8. Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues
9. Light My Fire - The Doors
10. Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thanks, everyone, for your responses so far. One of the things I love about doing this type of thread is that there are no wrong answers to quibble with, and each person's opinion has equal weight. There's generally no trolling, which is a wonderful thing. Everyone has their own personal favorites. And I really like finding out what others pick as special choices to them. Especially music I may not have heard, which sparks an interest to seek this music out.

Pretty hard to narrow down but just off the top of my head
here are some of my favorites.
Santana - Hold On
Steely Dan - Kid Charlemagne
Pink Floyd - Time
Joe Satriani - Flying in a Blue Dream
Yes - Roundabout
Mariah Carey - Make it Happen
Heart - Love Alive
Rush - Finding my Way
Genesis - The Carpet Crawlers
Boston - More Than a Feeling