What are "Race Relations?"

What do you mean when you use or see that term "race relations?"

I never use it, not anyone in my circle, or anyone I know.

Honestly, the only people I see/hear using that term are whites in the media (particularly "conservative" media outlets) and here on USMB.

What does that term really mean?
Good point. It should simply be people relations.

Honestly, the only people I see/hear using that term are whites in the media (particularly "conservative" media outlets) and here on USMB.

Largely that we learn from each about both the frictions and commonalities between races. Best done WITHOUT government interference and on a personal level.. If both aren't learning anything valuable, it aint working.

Race "relations" should lead to racial reconciliation.. It's the direct OPPOSITE of "CRTheory" which enforces a NEW type of re-segregation.. And a lot of fancy degreed race and gender studies people wouldn't HAVE a future if race relations and reconciliation was the preferred path..
If left up to the individual, blacks would still be either slaves or in Jim Crow. And you don't know what CRT is if that's what you think about it. Your version of racial reconciliation is that we do what whites tell us and thats not reconciliation. Laws are for everybody not an individual here and there. Finally the only people without a future if racial reconciliation takes place are racist whites males who depend on their whiteness for upward mobility.

I stand by the statement that CRTheory is re-segregation and elevating race above individual character. To be afraid of reconciling the grievances in a one on one manner is just too inconvenient for people who want no end to racial tensions and misunderstandings. Like YOU.. You'd be totally irrevelent to any normalization of racial grievances.

And the CONSCIENCE of America changed slavery and Jim Crow.. Charlie Pride, HS/College athletics, sports pioneers like Robinson/Mays and music did MORE to "RECONCILE" racial division than the Federal marshalls or government edicts ever did.

NOW - with CRT the DEMAND is black schools, black curriculum, black enterprise to the EXCLUSION of any tethering to the rest of society.. All those black separatists have a point, but will end up re-segregating America.
You're out of your mind. Whites have raised race above individual character from day one. There has not been any reconciliation of racial division here. You are fucking retarded. You actually believe that blacks want to keep ravism going on. Motherfucker if we could reconcile this in a one on one way, then Iit would have been reconciled long ago. Laws exist you fucking idiot and laws apply to everyone. You can't change a system without changing laws and policy. You believe in some silly idea that will only work to maintain white advantage. You don't even know wht CRT is and nobody blacks is asking for jack shit to be separate. Why can't whites learn black curriculum? We had to learn white curriculm. We've done business with white enterprise, we've attended white schools.

Having schools in our community, businesses in our communities owned by blacks, banks in our comunity controlled by blacks, teaching the history of all cultures not just white is not asking for segregation. We are asking that black communities look like and have the same services as white communities. This is a capitalist nation flacaltenn, equality begins with the dollar, and since this is a capitalist nation, reconciliation means we are compensated for lost income by the government for laws the government created that denied us full freedom to participate in capitalism as well as providing the proper return on taxes we have paid through the years for things we were excluded from that whites, including YOU benefitted/benefit from.

The republican party is the party of the 1876 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Sure.. Fight the bloodiest war in American history to UNIFY IT and then become a tyrannical OCCUPATION FORCE so that the UNITY part never happens.. This is where you come from. Completely OPPOSED to unity and normalization of racial tension.. Repubs wanted a "RE-UNITED States. Southern Democrat power wanted Jim Crow. And 1876 didn't END reconstruction.. It just returned some sovereignty to the South.. Feds STILL had a boot on the Southern states until about 4 years ago...

You WANT permanent victim status and to make your own rules. Cant HAVE any racial understandings or peace -- or YOU cant achieve ISOLATION from the rest of society..

No better example than the black yahoos like Lebron James and others that NORMALIZE kids knifing each other as "an every day event".. THAT kind of isolation would FORCE whites to become separatists as well.. CONSIDER what James was suggesting there. Only a FRACTION of the black population wants to LIVE that way.. Maybe you're just outnumbered 5 to 1 with double-stuffed Oreos..,,.

OR -- you're delusional and brain burned from focusing on 200 years of historical changes and cant even PONDER the future. ..
You are too fucking stupid to know what I want. The only people who have had and continue wanting to have victim status are white males such as yourself. Fool, everything I talk about is for the reason of creating a future that doesn't cotinue recylcing the idiocy whites like you have done since whites declared independence from the British.

1876 did end reconstruction. Northern Republicans were complicit with southern democrats and Jim Crow happened in Republican and Democratic states. I love it when whites like you think you can tell me what blacks want. Lebron James hasn't normalized shit. That's why he's built schools and pays for inner city children to get a decent education whereby they have the same equipment as white kids in the suburbs. You don't know what the hell you're taling about. Go read what CRT is, then come back. Other than that, STFU.

For me to be more sensitive to black history and current REAL racism -- and then lecture YOU about screwing up "race relations" by claiming everything - math, science, history, black people on grocery products, and soap dispensers are all evidence of systemic racism.... :up:

I think I'm more sensitive to black history now than Gramps Biden is when he poops on Jim Crow era racism as a mild inconvenience... But I could learn.. Maybe I'm taking Jim Crow WAAAY too seriously.

LOL...
Interesting...

You're not under the impression that calling all whites "systemic oppressors" and racist is a GOOD PLAN? Are you? Not gonna fly when you overplay this shit.. Better to improve on the original plan of burying some hatchets and making deals to co-exist as equals..

In case you've been in ecstasy about "systemic racism" being the big threat --- I'm sure you and I could find a dozen areas in Civil Liberties that we agree to work on...

That's why the deal of the century is reconcilation -- NOT "re-segregation".. We dont WANT to be the MOST RACE CONCIOUS society on the planet -- do we?
When the term systemic racism is used, it is in reference to the American systems and institutions therein. Drop the white fragility, it gets old, all the dumb ass statements about how we are blaming all whites because you don't have the testicular fortitude to listen to what we have to say based on our experience here. No one is talking about resegregation idiot. But in order to reconcile, first you have to fix the problem. In order to fix the problem, you have to first know the root cause of the problem. You are not going to fix problems caused by at least 2 and one half centuries of continuous race concious policies favoring whites by not considering race in the solution.

You would understand that if you really had to ever face racism.

Ahm youah Huckleberry bitch. I don't care what you have "faced", I see you as an equal right up until you do something stupid that shows you aren't.

You aren't.

You're not under the impression that calling all whites "systemic oppressors" and racist is a GOOD PLAN? Are you? Not gonna fly when you overplay this shit.. Better to improve on the original plan of burying some hatchets and making deals to co-exist as equals..

In case you've been in ecstasy about "systemic racism" being the big threat --- I'm sure you and I could find a dozen areas in Civil Liberties that we agree to work on...

That's why the deal of the century is reconcilation -- NOT "re-segregation".. We dont WANT to be the MOST RACE CONCIOUS society on the planet -- do we?
What do you mean by race conscious?

Seriously? What is CRaceTheory? Is it not AMPLIFYING racial distance and putting color ahead of everything else in personal relations and govt policy?

Why is it that party of slavery, segregation, Jim Crow and decades of ACTUAL systemic racism in government still WANTS this to be the bedrock of their agenda. They've even called systemic racism a CAUSE of Global Warming.. You CANNOT GET MORE race fixated than that. Even puts the 3rd Reich to shame..

Let me start with your second paragraph because I am tired of you motherfucking lying ass republicans. Check your history jr, because when you do, you find out:

The republican party is the party of the Corwin Amendment that would have made slavery constitutional.

The republican party is the party of the 1876 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

4 out of the 7 votes in for separate but equal in Plessy v. Ferguson were republican and that decision made Jim Crow national law.

In 1964 the Republican party turned it’s back on blacks after nearly 100 years of solid black support.

Today’s Republican Party is controlled by an Anti-Black base.

Nobody has said systemic racism is a cause of global warming. You racists conflate shit to fit your narrative.

Critical race theory maintains that racial inequality is the result of social, economic, and legal differences created by whites to maintain white interests. As we look at this country and the many policies enacted by the government at every level, the processes used to enact and administer these policies destroy any opposition to the premise of the theory. The Critical Race Theory is completely accurate in its analysis of the American system and how it has operated.

Now you go take your opinionated ass to a case law site, or go look at public policy since the beginning of this nation up to the very second you read the decisions, then come back and tell us where the premise of the theory is wrong. Whites like you have given yourself unoffical status as final authority on all matters and most of the time you are wrong. This is one of those times.

As you well know I'd be happy to shove CRT up your ass.

The term "race relations" refers to how well whites and blacks are getting along.

If we are fighting like cats and dogs, giving each other shit on the streets all the time, or even shooting each other- race relations are bad.

However, if we are in the same workplace, shopping at the same Walmart and we are getting along well enough, rarely fighting, that means race relations are tremendous.
Most of the fighting is within one's race.

Forum List

Back