What AntiVirus do you use?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I had Norton forever, but, doesn't seem to work.

Avast was suggested to me so I am using that now.

What do you use? Are any of them really any good?

I use Avast as an anti-virus and Malwarebytes as an anti-malware. I also use Malwarebyte's free Anti-Exploit real time (zero day) browser protection.
These I use on my Windows machines, unlike some people I know my Linux machines are vulnerable so I use the firewall and just discovered Comodo makes an AV for Linux, giving it a try.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I have been using Panda for 10 trouble-free years.

The latest iteration is light and effective.

At work - Panda. Very unobtrusive and has excellent ratings.
At home...Linux OS on two machines. On the one Win 10 machine - Avast

I have decided that (for now) I will just stay with Windows OS.
This lap top is new (to me) just got Windows Office on it and Adobe (which "forced" me to get McAfee) - did not have to pay for it. So now I have Avast, McAfee and expired Norton on my system. What a mess!

This lap top is new (to me) just got Windows Office on it and Adobe (which "forced" me to get McAfee) - did not have to pay for it. So now I have Avast, McAfee and expired Norton on my system. What a mess!
Adobe doesn't force McAfee, those are check boxes, you unselect those options before going any further.

Adobe doesn't force McAfee, those are check boxes, you unselect those options before going any further.

Hmm... I guess wasn't paying attention (so what else is new!)

You can uninstall McAfee.
By the way, how long ago did this happen (Adobe/McAfee)?

Today. Right after I installed Windows Office.

Today. Right after I installed Windows Office.
There was one other program piggy backed (bundled) with it though I don't remember what it was. Check you programs in the Control Panel and see if there's anything you don't recognize.
Also when installing any freeware NEVER select the "Recommended Installation", always select "Custom Installation". That way you can see what they are bundling and unselect all the other crap they're trying to foist off on you.

I know better, but I got lazy - just wanted to hurry through it.
Plus I'm not used to it, my work lap top did all that work for me :)

Ummmm, just discovered Avast makes a free Linux version.
Don't need anti virus software if running Linux.
Let me guess, you swallowed the "Linux can't be hacked" propaganda hook line and sinker but know almost nothing about computers. Have a nice life. :thup:
You guessed incorrectly. But, then, you've most likely done that your entire life, and you'll continue to do that as you progress into your teens.

Forum List

Back