What Americans Were.....sigh....

Shoe fit?

At least some of us don't have to resort to cutting and pasting the work of others and passing it off as our opinion

Did you actually get through college that way? Pretty pathetic actually

You're a fucking idiot.

In COLLEGE you are REQUIRED to provide citations and to reference supporting material. Otherwise you have no argument.

The cites and references SUPPORT your opinion. Your opinion without them is worthless. Which is why your opinions are worthless.

PC, Foxy, some others, and I consistently provide links and evidence to SUPPORT the veracity of our OPINIONS. That is the way argument (at the college level) works, you lazy ignoramus.

Only at usmb have I ever heard somebody criticized for backing up their opinion with evidence. What a loon.

Not in lieu of an actual opinion

Revisionist crapola.......

Each generation faces it's own challenges. Those challenges are met through either a liberal or conservative mindset. As each challenge is different, the chosen path for meeting it will change.

During the founding of this great nation, it was the liberal, or left wing that developed the complex strategy to form a new nation predicated on the equality of man.
Meanwhile, the conservatives of the day, who we like to call right wing, resisted those changes and maintained their loyalty to the monarchy.

Isn't history great when you don't change it to meet your 21st century agenda?
How would you know?

Modern liberals would have informed on the revolutionaries. You hate the idea of small government and individual liberties.

This is undeniable. Predictably, you will deny it, but not credibly.

Historically invalid

It was the conservative (Torries) of the day who informed on the liberal patriots. Often costing them their lives
And the Torries then were nothing like conservatives today.

You lose.

What a moron you are, rightwinger.

You aren't making sense. I'm sure you make sense to yourself, but your argument is insane gibberish. PC states her opinions and then backs them up. Which pisses you off because you are incapable, for whatever reason, of doing that. So you pretend that the ESTABLISHED way to debate is just to state your own opinion, and allow that to suffice.

Sorry, you're an idiot. Nice attempt to completely turn academic and scholarly discussion on it's ear, but you've never been able to even approach academic and scholarly discussion. I think we can rest assured you never will.

Then you're intellectually lazy.

Whistle!

Piling on!

15-yards!

Sorry Chic...

But using daveman to try to prove you are right is about as low as you can go
Really? When's the last time you provided a citation to any of your bullshit?

You rely solely on opinion. Just because it comes out of your keyboard doesn't make it true.

I'll give you a moment to come to grips with this shocking reality.

Sorry Chic...

But using daveman to try to prove you are right is about as low as you can go

Silly....I've proven I was right over and over.
I just don't wait for you to admit it verbally....after all, you've admitted
it with your petulance.

My posts are pointed, and well constructed. You don't realize that
you've admitted as much by the 'cut and paste' perseveration.

While a public message board is the exact venue for giving opinions no matter their provenance, their attachment to reality, or even whether they are on a cognitive wavelength of any human on the planet, one should invest more credence to those that are able to show relevance, documentation and/or links.
And, of course, a sense of humor.

Some time ago I suggested that the lower Obama falls in the estimation of the electorate, the more short-tempered folks like you will become.

And, voilà!

Hey...at least you convinced daveman you know what you are talking about
Yeah, well, I don't have much patience for idiots who think -- sorry, feel -- that "Because I say so!!" is sufficient corroboration.

This means you.

At least some of us don't have to resort to cutting and pasting the work of others and passing it off as our opinion

Did you actually get through college that way? Pretty pathetic actually

You're a fucking idiot.

In COLLEGE you are REQUIRED to provide citations and to reference supporting material. Otherwise you have no argument.

The cites and references SUPPORT your opinion. Your opinion without them is worthless. Which is why your opinions are worthless.

PC, Foxy, some others, and I consistently provide links and evidence to SUPPORT the veracity of our OPINIONS. That is the way argument (at the college level) works, you lazy ignoramus.

Only at usmb have I ever heard somebody criticized for backing up their opinion with evidence. What a loon.

Not in lieu of an actual opinion
You really DO believe "Because I say so!!" is proof.

What a retard. :lol:

Silly....I've proven I was right over and over.
I just don't wait for you to admit it verbally....after all, you've admitted
it with your petulance.

My posts are pointed, and well constructed. You don't realize that
you've admitted as much by the 'cut and paste' perseveration.

While a public message board is the exact venue for giving opinions no matter their provenance, their attachment to reality, or even whether they are on a cognitive wavelength of any human on the planet, one should invest more credence to those that are able to show relevance, documentation and/or links.
And, of course, a sense of humor.

Some time ago I suggested that the lower Obama falls in the estimation of the electorate, the more short-tempered folks like you will become.

And, voilà!

Yeah, well, I don't have much patience for idiots who think -- sorry, feel -- that "Because I say so!!" is sufficient corroboration.

This means you.

The priceless thing is that he derides those who provide citations and references, lol.

My lit teacher would have made him a public laughing stock. I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened to him in speech class, or BIOLOGY. My biology professor would have made him wear a flipping dunce cap, or just ousted him from the class.

How would you know?

Modern liberals would have informed on the revolutionaries. You hate the idea of small government and individual liberties.

This is undeniable. Predictably, you will deny it, but not credibly.

Historically invalid

It was the conservative (Torries) of the day who informed on the liberal patriots. Often costing them their lives

You lose.

We are talking 1776

Try to keep up

This means you.

The priceless thing is that he derides those who provide citations and references, lol.

My lit teacher would have made him a public laughing stock. I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened to him in speech class, or BIOLOGY. My biology professor would have made him wear a flipping dunce cap, or just ousted him from the class.

There is nothing wrong with providing references in support of your opinion.....the problem arises when PC provides references in lieu of an opinion

This means you.

Indeed. Liarwinger's "say-so" is worth exactly squat.

He cannot comprehend this basic fact.

Historically invalid

You lose.

We are talking 1776

Try to keep up

No, when you brought up the laughable notion that modern liberals are just like the Founding Fathers, you opened it up to modern times.

It must really make you angry that you don't get to dictate anything around here.

Tough shit.

This means you.

There is nothing wrong with providing references in support of your opinion.....the problem arises when PC provides references in lieu of an opinion
She doesn't do that.

One of your fellow leftists, Midcan, however, does that all the time.

Yet you never castigate him for it.

The only possible conclusion is that PC kicks your ass repeatedly, and you're desperately flailing for some excuse to show she doesn't.

You fail.

You're right, that's exactly what midcan does.

He'll post a link, with no comment, no quotation, nothing. When you ask him what his point is, his response is "do your own research, idiot".

Like we're supposed to research HIS opinion and figure it out.

I don't bother with it. Like it matters anyway.

Don't know much about history
Don't know much about society
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know jack about the french I took

But I do know what i want it to be
And if you'll fiegn sympathy
What a wonderful forum this would be

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

But I know the Founding Fathers rule
And if you'll only be my tool

(wih ap'ologies to S Cooke)
~S~

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, that's exactly what midcan does.

He'll post a link, with no comment, no quotation, nothing. When you ask him what his point is, his response is "do your own research, idiot".

Like we're supposed to research HIS opinion and figure it out.

I don't bother with it. Like it matters anyway.

Rule of thumb: If Midcan believes it, it's wrong.

I dont' even have any luck getting him to say what he thinks. He just posts random crap with nothing to explain it.

Don't know much about history
Don't know much about society
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know jack about the french I took

But I do know what i want it to be
And if you'll fiegn sympathy

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

But I know the Founding Fathers rule
And if you'll only be my tool

(wih ap'ologies to S Cooke)
~S~

Sam Cooke - Wonderful World - YouTube

Do you do requests?

Could you sing long ago and far away...

(f-e-i-g-n)

Here's my story, it's sad but true
It's about a Chic that I once knew
She took my posts then ran around
With every partisan hack in town

I should have known it from the very start
This Chic will leave me with a broken heart
Now listen people what I'm telling you
A-keep away from-a Partisan Chic, yeah

I might miss her slips and the smile on her face
The touch of her pen and her troll embrace
So if you don't wanna cry like I do
A-keep away from-a Partisan Chic

She likes to post all around, yeah
She'll write you then she'll put you down
Now people let me put you wise
Chic posts with partisan guys

Here's the moral and the story from the guy who knows
I like to post and my post still grows
Ask any fool that she ever wrote, they'll say
A-keep away from-a Partisan Chic

~S~

You hate the idea of small government and individual liberties.

Your mistake is in equating those two quite different things.

Liberals, classical or modern, LOVE the idea of individual liberties. Classical liberals loved small government as a means to that end. Modern liberals recognize that, since the industrial revolution, that means no longer consistently serves the end.

But it's the end -- liberty -- that defines liberalism, not the means.

Forum List

Back