What a Republican would like to hear from Republicans

You can respect the office or the position without respecting the person in that office or position

I, for one, will show no support for Obama unless he radically changes his stance away from the far left and stops being beholden to the far left

Reread what I said, I said respect the office of the presidency AND Obama for his accomplishments.

Then that is your cross to bear. Hopefully the GOP leaves your ass behind as we move forward.

the radical minority have cast a bad light on the GOP party in general. hopefully the gop can cleanse itself of the members who ruin the party brand.

I for one will NOT support Obama if he wins. Had I not had to put up with 8 years of Bush-bashing from Hollywood and the left, I might feel differently, but I promise, no degree of honorability on the part of our party is going to change those people. The next time a Republican is voted into office, they'll be back at it again.

sir, I respectfully diagree. I see no web sites that even come close to the hate displayed at DU, KOS and MoveON not to mention Huffington Post. And all the major candidates begged at the alter of KOS for support. Unforgivable.

You're dealing with some deep-seeded pshychological issues here. While I agree that many ordinary people have bashed Bush because it's been the fashionable thing to do, much of the leftist media has a hatred for him that's rooted in substance. What people like you fail to do is take an analytical look at the GOP as a party and understand just what has been going on within the PARTY. You, as a party member should be even MORE outraged at your party than the journalists at MoveOn, Huffington etc. are. The truth is that there has been a movement of corruption within the party which has STOLEN, yes STOLEN your tax dollars and mine and become rich by selling us wars and disaster response scenarios. They've created a market by lying to you to justify putting your tax money into corporations that profit from war and disaster. Guess where that money ends up? In the pockets of folks like Rumsfeld, Cheney, Baker and many others. Why? Because for the first time in history, cabinet officials have refused to relinquish their shares in these companies that profit. I keep saying this but you turn a blind eye to the facts. We're talking billions in taxpayer dollars, and the same guys that have run this party for decades have made PERSONAL millions by selling war and disaster relief to the American people. The Bush administration represents the WORST of what the party has become. They haven't even tried to hide the fact that they're getting rich off of your tax dollar because they know you're too snowed to even notice. Under the Bush administration, the line between government and defense/war contractors and mercenaries disappeared. The government under BUSH IS these companies. There is no seperation. Why are you not OUTRAGED?

I for one will NOT support Obama if he wins. Had I not had to put up with 8 years of Bush-bashing from Hollywood and the left, I might feel differently, but I promise, no degree of honorability on the part of our party is going to change those people. The next time a Republican is voted into office, they'll be back at it again.

Oh I believe it.

You're dealing with some deep-seeded pshychological issues here. While I agree that many ordinary people have bashed Bush because it's been the fashionable thing to do, much of the leftist media has a hatred for him that's rooted in substance. What people like you fail to do is take an analytical look at the GOP as a party and understand just what has been going on within the PARTY. You, as a party member should be even MORE outraged at your party than the journalists at MoveOn, Huffington etc. are. The truth is that there has been a movement of corruption within the party which has STOLEN, yes STOLEN your tax dollars and mine and become rich by selling us wars and disaster response scenarios. They've created a market by lying to you to justify putting your tax money into corporations that profit from war and disaster. Guess where that money ends up? In the pockets of folks like Rumsfeld, Cheney, Baker and many others. Why? Because for the first time in history, cabinet officials have refused to relinquish their shares in these companies that profit. I keep saying this but you turn a blind eye to the facts. We're talking billions in taxpayer dollars, and the same guys that have run this party for decades have made PERSONAL millions by selling war and disaster relief to the American people. The Bush administration represents the WORST of what the party has become. They haven't even tried to hide the fact that they're getting rich off of your tax dollar because they know you're too snowed to even notice. Under the Bush administration, the line between government and defense/war contractors and mercenaries disappeared. The government under BUSH IS these companies. There is no seperation. Why are you not OUTRAGED?

and you think I've got issues?

why don't we wait until he actually accomplishes something as pres before we worry about that?

I'm not worrying about that. I'm simply restating what Crimson wanted from his fellow Republicans.

This is fact and anyone who has follwed this administration knows it. You should be outraged at YOUR party for this. Not at the other side.

I happen to be outraged at the whole lot of them. But I gotta say you libwals hate more than anything I have ever seen. Don't know how you stand it.

and you think I've got issues?

Yes, you really do. Your posts rarely, if ever, address an issue and are really attacks.

And if you think that the GOP has been honorable and you haven't seen hate like some of those liberal websites have shown, then check these out:

Council of Conservative Citizens

Shakesville: You Can't Claim to Love America if You Hate Americans

The Mindless Credo Of Liberal Hate And Violence - Bob Newman - MensNewsDaily.com

http://www.wecanstopthehate.org/uploads/FS-CodeWordsDebate-FNL.pdf#Race

Hate websites target kids, say experts | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Just a few...

I would like the bashing of Obama to stop and hear other Republicans say that they will support the President, no matter who is elected. I feel it is okay criticize the President. That part of what makes this country great, but for the last 8 years I have watched a rabid left say that Bush is not their President. Bush is an idiot. Bush is a fascist. Bush has ruined our country. I don't want to see this happen to another President. It has happened to the last two already.

So, Republicans, I say it is up to us to end the cycle. Barack Obama is probably about to be our next President. He has transended racial barriers and risen to overcome allegations of being a terrorist, a communist, a racist, and a foreign national not eligible to be President. Let's not let the next four years be like the last sixteen. Lets show due respect to the Office of the Presidency.

What Barack Obama has done is nothing short of amazing. He has done us proud. He has done me proud. If elected, it will be an honor and a pleasure to serve him.

Very well said brother.

That's worth a lot of respect and I hope everyone reps you, as I will, for this.

Yes, you really do. Your posts rarely, if ever, address an issue and are really attacks.

And if you think that the GOP has been honorable and you haven't seen hate like some of those liberal websites have shown, then check these out:

Council of Conservative Citizens

Shakesville: You Can't Claim to Love America if You Hate Americans

The Mindless Credo Of Liberal Hate And Violence - Bob Newman - MensNewsDaily.com

http://www.wecanstopthehate.org/uploads/FS-CodeWordsDebate-FNL.pdf#Race

Hate websites target kids, say experts | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Just a few...

poor wittle wibawal victim.. ppp

Bush got anything but a free ride. Farhenheit 9/11 comes to mind.

With respect brother ..

Bush not only got a free ride from the corporate press .. which never questioned the rationale for invading Iraq .. and which played nothing more than cheerleader for neocon "patriotism" .. Bush also got a free ride from the American public.

Americans were among the last people on the planet to finally figure out all the "rationale" for Iraq was false .. EVIDENCED by the leaders of Spain, Italy, Poland, and even England were given the boot up the ass and out the door of office for the thier complicity in the OBVIOUS fraud of Iraq.

Americans didn't figure out what the rest of the world already knew .. same would be true of even the events of 9/11.

Anybody American who didn't swallow was branded a "loony", "unpatriotic", "tin-foil hat", and a bunch of other 8th grade schoolyard names.

My point is that in order to achieve the balance that you so wisely call for, it's going to require looking in the mirror instead of out the window for what's wrong.

We are an invented people that needs to be led

Last edited:
I happen to be outraged at the whole lot of them. But I gotta say you libwals hate more than anything I have ever seen. Don't know how you stand it.

Does my being utterly and completely opposed to even considering a GOP candidate until the party is purged of the crooks that have destroyed it makes me a liberal? If you think so then you are exactly what your party has has endeavored to make you in to.

With respect brother ..

Bush not only got a free ride from the corporate press .. which never questioned the rationale for invading Iraq .. and which played nothing more than cheerleader for neocon "patriotism" .. Bush also got a free ride from the American public.

Americans were among the last people on the planet to finally figure out all the "rationale" for Iraq was false .. EVIDENCED by the leaders of Spain, Italy, Poland, and even England were given the boot up the ass and out the door of office for the thier complicity in the OBVIOUS fraud of Iraq.

Americans didn't figure out what the rest of the world already knew .. same would be true of even the events of 9/11.

Anybody American who didn't swallow was branded a "loony", "unpatriotic", "tin-foil hat", and a bunch of other 8th grade schoolyard names.

My point is that in order to achieve the balance that you so wisely call for, it's going to require looking in the mirror instead of out the window for what's wrong.

We are an invented people that needs to be led

On Iraq, I agree he went unchallenged. 9/11 gave him that pass. However, his second term more than made up for it.

When your pea sized brain realizes it wasn't due to a blow job why he got houdned but because of a little thing called

PERJURY

which when I last looked was a federal offense

That is why he got IMPEACHED by the house.

Don't even compare the flack that Clinton got compared to Bush.

Amazing

Fair enough .. let's not compare the media coverage of Clinton and Bush .. let's compare the damage to the standing, power, respect, and authority of America done by Clinton and Bush.

Amazing

Fair enough .. let's not compare the media coverage of Clinton and Bush .. let's compare the damage to the standing, power, respect, and authority of America done by Clinton and Bush.

Bush wins. Hands down. Clinton was one of the greatest Republican Presidents we've had, besides Reagan.

Forum List

Back