West Virginians are Mad at Manchin

West Virginians are Disappointed in Joe Manchin

In mid-October, Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a Democrat, announced he would forgo the prosperity of his constituents and their descendants by refusing to vote for a climate measure billed as the nation’s last-ditch effort to secure a livable future. Read the full article.

That measure is the Clean Electricity Payment Program, or CEPP, a $150 billion plan that would incentivize utilities to switch to clean energy sources like solar, wind, and nuclear and penalize those continuing to burn fossil fuels like coal, oil, and natural gas. Experts say it’s the nation’s best chance to meet the Biden administration’s climate goal of 80 percent clean electricity sources by 2030. The popular program is cited as the pillar for the Build Back Better Agenda—a $3.5 trillion plan to help working families and create green energy. Paid for by a fairer distribution of the tax burden onto corporations and wealthy Americans, the plan could be a historic investment in tackling the climate crisis, if Manchin would vote for it.

“I think the whole state is disappointed in Joe Manchin. Every Democrat I talk to is furious at Manchin, and I mean furious,” says Stewart Acuff, a retired labor organizer with the AFL-CIO who lives in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. “There is simply no rational explanation for what he’s doing on the Build Back Better plan than lining his own pockets.”

Joe Manchin is a coal money man and he wants to line his pockets. It's time W.Va. elected a new senator.

The people of West Virginia are overwhelmingly Little Trumpsters who are resisting the Biden Regime.

I don't think Sen. Manchin is having any problems at home.

The liberal tears in this thread could end a drought. Y'all aught to bottle them in a proactive stance to end California's next drought.

Which of the liberal whackjobs posting here is from WV? A bunch of out state whiners are not indicative to what's really going on in WG, no matter how much they cry.

A den didn’t comply and that’s a breach of contract. It’s all anyone needs to know. Dems have deals to hurt Americans and manchun said fk you joe!

White House Accuses Manchin Of Breaking His Word On Build Back Better

1639983907032.png

Green energy is the fastest growing industry on the planet. Bar none. Manchin won't switch parties because he would be primaried by a trumpling. West Virginians now are getting their eyes opened to what they voted for. Even their governor is vaccinating them faster than Israel is. Now that President Biden got them a stimulus check, and has showed them the child tax credit which puts another $300 a month in their bank accounts. Manchins ass is done. You're getting ready to find out the WV isn't quite as red as you think it is.

The overwhelming majority supports Bidens Build Back Better plan, and after 4 years of Trump bullshit that didn't help them one iota, they now see just how bad Republican policy sucks.

And so does the rest of the country. The republicans are in deep shit, and they know it. Their only hope is to pack the courts, pass voter suppression laws, and gerrymander voting districts. They know it. You know it. And now pretty much everybody else knows it.

Your side will end up stealing some elections in the short run, but you're done numbnuts. It's just a matter of time now, and that time is short.
Gee, if green energy is doing so well, I have a suggestion....

They can reinvest their money to expand their business....

Oh, wait....

Every time the Democrats give them money, they piss it away and come back for another handout to prop up their failing venture!!!!

The people of West Virginia are overwhelmingly Little Trumpsters who are resisting the Biden Regime.

I don't think Sen. Manchin is having any problems at home.
Turns out Mancin doesn't trust his own constituents to spend the Child Care Credits wisely.

HE thinks they're all drug addicts who will blow it.

Might as well declare himself a Republican if that's his fucking attitude

Turns out Mancin doesn't trust his own constituents to spend the Child Care Credits wisely.

HE thinks they're all drug addicts who will blow it.

Might as well declare himself a Republican if that's his fucking attitude
Manchin knows that BBB would cause runaway inflation and his constituents would be hurt.
He sees thru the bullshit talking points.

Forum List

Back