Well that was an experience (car accident)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
So yesterday... it was raining really hard.
I am driving northbound on a 2 lane street.
I come to where I am going to turn, slow down to almost a stop to allow this red truck go by.
He goes by, and I go to turn in... out of nowhere this little silver car going northbound has to steer off the road to avoid hitting me as I am entering his lane. He goes towards a parking lot but hits this giant boulder and literally flies over it. His car was at least 6 feet off the ground.
I was untouched as we never hit each other. I would be surprised if his car is not totaled.
No one was hurt.
I pull around thinking holy shit there is bound to be someone hurt, this idiot comes flying out of his car yelling.
I get out of my truck, I am a not a small man, and he calms down quite a bit.
Long story short, I call the cops etc. Deal with insurance companies.
I am betting he is super pissed because it is considered neutral. Problem being - he did not have his headlights on. And he was driving a small silver car in a bad rainstorm. Which is why I didn't see him. Indiana head light law is you must have your head lights on during "low visibility" conditions.
Since my vehicle is untouched... essentially I pay nothing. In neutral situations each person pays their own damage. I had none.
Kinda sucks. I mean I don't know how I could have done anything differently. I 100% saw no one there, the color of his car was basically camouflaged... the sky/road/rain - all shades of silver-gray... driving a silver gray car.

Thanks for sharing.

I've noticed there are a lot of bad drivers on the road lately. I chalk it up to marijuana being legalized. I mean, I just never saw half the crazy stuff I see now years ago (b4 it was legalized).

Still, the dude may not have been a user...maybe just not paying attention. There is so much crazy stuff going on in the world.. can't blame people too much for being absent minded.. not using headlights, etc..

So yesterday... it was raining really hard.
I am driving northbound on a 2 lane street.
I come to where I am going to turn, slow down to almost a stop to allow this red truck go by.
He goes by, and I go to turn in... out of nowhere this little silver car going northbound has to steer off the road to avoid hitting me as I am entering his lane. He goes towards a parking lot but hits this giant boulder and literally flies over it. His car was at least 6 feet off the ground.
I was untouched as we never hit each other. I would be surprised if his car is not totaled.
No one was hurt.
I pull around thinking holy shit there is bound to be someone hurt, this idiot comes flying out of his car yelling.
I get out of my truck, I am a not a small man, and he calms down quite a bit.
Long story short, I call the cops etc. Deal with insurance companies.
I am betting he is super pissed because it is considered neutral. Problem being - he did not have his headlights on. And he was driving a small silver car in a bad rainstorm. Which is why I didn't see him. Indiana head light law is you must have your head lights on during "low visibility" conditions.
Since my vehicle is untouched... essentially I pay nothing. In neutral situations each person pays their own damage. I had none.
Kinda sucks. I mean I don't know how I could have done anything differently. I 100% saw no one there, the color of his car was basically camouflaged... the sky/road/rain - all shades of silver-gray... driving a silver gray car.
Get some glasses grandpa.

Forum List

Back