Wednesday, Sept 23, Republicans to unveil Health Care Plan and other policies

Darla_negotiates.jpg

Rdean Shintao and TruthMatters discuss the latest Republican proposals

Notice there aren't any Cons in here defending this grand "proposal". Wonder why that is?

Democrats need to run on Grayson's "Republican's say DIE!" idea

It's a winner!

What are you going to run on, the economy?

Dems need to run on their record:

Record Debt

Record Deficit

Record Increase in Poverty

Notice there aren't any Cons in here defending this grand "proposal". Wonder why that is?

Because they don't believe their own Bullshit. You have someone like Frank desperately trying to keep up some kind of lame attack. But it's only half hearted and even he doesn't believe his own corporate given talking points.

It's OK deany...the Statists are going to get their asses kicked out of DC...no matter how many dumbass threads as this you and FAILO post.

This isn't partisan...this is people wanting their lives and their liberty back from an intrusive nanny-state government run amok.

I propose that when you wreck your car, then go buy insurance and demand that they fix your car.

Awesome.

Because they don't believe their own Bullshit. You have someone like Frank desperately trying to keep up some kind of lame attack. But it's only half hearted and even he doesn't believe his own corporate given talking points.

Maybe we're waiting to hear the actual plan rather than wasting time on your insane rants about "mean 'ole conservatives".

I propose that when you wreck your car, then go buy insurance and demand that they fix your car.

Awesome.

How will that be possible if there are only certain times during the year when you can purchase that insurance?

FAILED "logic" once again.

Awesome.

asthma, allergies, tonsillectomy, back conditions, adenoidectomy, hemorrhoids or hemorrhoidectomy, disorders of the reproductive system, hysterectomy, hernia, gall stones or kidney stones, any condition of the breast including having had a mammogram regardless of the results, and any condition of the prostate

So you agree that if you get sick and you had one of these "pre-existing" conditions, then you should lose your insurance? We want to be clear. That is what you are defending.

If you had an allergy or a tonsillectomy (got your tonsils removed), then you should lose your insurance if you get sick. So tell us that you agree with this.

Maybe we're waiting to hear the actual plan rather than wasting time on your insane rants about "mean 'ole conservatives".

You can't plead ignorance. The Republicans "Plague on America" has already been published.

Change of Subject: GOP's `Pledge to America' draft

This is no joke. I just saw on TV a Republican who said, after being asked, "Do you guys have any NEW ideas?", say, "We have ENDURING ideas". This is no joke.

Awesome.

How do you feel about this plank?

Ensure Access For Patients With Pre-Existing Conditions: Health care should be accessible for all, regardless of pre-existing conditions or past illnesses. We will expand state high-risk pools, reinsurance programs and reduce the cost of coverage. We will make it illegal for an insurance company to deny coverage to someone with prior coverage on the basis of a pre-existing condition, eliminate annual and lifetime spending caps, and prevent insurers from dropping your coverage just because you get sick. We will incentivize states to develop innovative programs that lower premiums and reduce the number of uninsured Americans.​

Republican Plan includes:

1. Coverage can be denied for the following "pre-existing" conditions:

asthma, allergies, tonsillectomy, back conditions, adenoidectomy, hemorrhoids or hemorrhoidectomy, disorders of the reproductive system, hysterectomy, hernia, gall stones or kidney stones, any condition of the breast including having had a mammogram regardless of the results, and any condition of the prostate

2. If a person becomes sick and can no longer pay premiums, coverage can be ended to keep costs down for others not sick.

3. No clause to cover children. They do not work. They do not need coverage.

4. Parents are no longer allowed to add their children to their health care plan while those children attend college or have passed 18 years of age.

5. An amendment to "protect marriage" will be back on the table.

6. A bill to repeal the "don't ask" part of "don't ask, don't tell".

7. Government intervention to end all abortions, including rape and incest.

8. A trillion-dollar tax cut for millionaires and billionaires.

9. Further deregulation of Wall Street.

10. Privatizing Social Security.

11. Ending Medicare and Medicaid.

12. Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom from religion. Bill to include mandatory teacher led prayers in public schools.

13. A change in science curriculum to include the possibility of "occult" intervention.

14. An amendment to strip Hispanic children of their citizenship.

There you go. I think I've covered most of what they will present.

On #1: you got that one wrong. Here is what is does: " Insurance companies will no longer be able to deny children coverage for pre-existing conditions."

On #2: You missed it on that one too. Here is what it does: " Insurance companies will be forbidden from terminating coverage for any other reason than customer fraud."

On #3: Partially wrong again. Here is what it does: "Children of parents with insurance will be allowed to remain covered under those policies until the age of 26." I am not sure about if they cen be covered on insurance. I do believe they can. It would be crazy not to have insurence on your children.

On #4: I don't know if they can be addede while they are in college, but if they are already covered they can remain covered. (See #3)

Other coverage will include the following: "4. Insurance companies will no longer be able to cap the amount of benefits and treatment a person can receive in a lifetime.

5. Insurers can no longer charge customers for preventive services like mammograms and colonoscopies.

6. High-risk pools are mandated to cover those who have been denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions."

The problem is that none of these is actually able to be used at least until 1-1-11, and some even at a later date. Most of the rest will be waiting until 2014.

While I have not read the details of these changes, I have to say that I believe they will be cause for worry. They will cause an increase in coverage cost. They will cause overloads for medical professionals. They will mosy likely have so many exceptions that in fact they will be ineffective for the most part. It is not a gift. Because of who pushed it, I do not personally trust it.

However, I will use it to the fullest extent since I am older and don't have time to take advantage of anything that MIGHT be good.

Forum List

Back