Wednesday Night Church Services

Does your church have Wednesday night Church Services? Do you go.

• Yes. No.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No. No.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • There is no way in hell I would go to church on a Wednesday night.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So here is my situation.

I work until 2:50 but they decide it is a great idea to have teacher meetings every Wednesday. Ok. That sucks but I still get to leave at 3:37 yesterday. Still not bad. Right? Wrong.

Now I have to go home, get comfortable and leave again. I get home at 3:57. I have to leave my house around 6:40 and then get back home around 8:20 ish. Wednesdays suck ass.

The alternative is to stay home, remain comfortable and then checkmark one less box when I turn in my church attendance form on Monday. I also have to describe why I missed service.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

3 out of 4 stars for being a good teacher. Maybe I will be a great shining example next week. This week I sucked ass.

It almost sounds like you use religion to punish yourself. If you are overextended then tell the pastor that you are, and you won't be attending on Wed. evenings any more. Turn in your attendance card once and for all. They should not "shame" someone based on attendance. You did fine this week. Cut yourself some slack. You can be just as Christian on a lawn mower as you are in a pew. :eusa_angel:

So here is my situation.

I work until 2:50 but they decide it is a great idea to have teacher meetings every Wednesday. Ok. That sucks but I still get to leave at 3:37 yesterday. Still not bad. Right? Wrong.

Now I have to go home, get comfortable and leave again. I get home at 3:57. I have to leave my house around 6:40 and then get back home around 8:20 ish. Wednesdays suck ass.

The alternative is to stay home, remain comfortable and then checkmark one less box when I turn in my church attendance form on Monday. I also have to describe why I missed service.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

3 out of 4 stars for being a good teacher. Maybe I will be a great shining example next week. This week I sucked ass.

It seems you are in a legalistic church.

It almost sounds like you use religion to punish yourself. If you are overextended then tell the pastor that you are, and you won't be attending on Wed. evenings any more. Turn in your attendance card once and for all. They should not "shame" someone based on attendance. You did fine this week. Cut yourself some slack. You can be just as Christian on a lawn mower as you are in a pew. :eusa_angel:

Most teachers fail in this area. It is just too obvious what the preferred behavior is. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I lived closer. Grass stops growing in a few months from now. That will make a big difference but when you have rain almost every day, you have to jump on the grass when you get a dry day. Unfortunately that dry day was Wednesday. I couldn't risk a Thursday rain. I had to mow. Grass was two feet tall in some spots.

My personality and religion don't mix. When you tell me what a good boy does, that is exactly what I want to do. When you tell me what a bad boy does, that is exactly what I don't want to do. As a kid/teenager that was easy. As an adult being a good boy is harder and harder.

Is that what Paul meant when he said, "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."?

I guess I need to stop this church attendance nonsense. Well. I am working on it.

Last edited:
So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

Very much so.

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

Very much so.

It seems your leaders are busy puffing up their own pride rather than minding their own walk with Christ.

You need to get out of that church. It's an independent church, isn't it? Non-denominational.

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

Very much so.

It seems your leaders are busy puffing up their own pride rather than minding their own walk with Christ.

You need to get out of that church. It's an independent church, isn't it? Non-denominational.

Independent Freewill Baptist

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

Very much so.

You are sweet, Sue. I am sorry that you had troubles in the past with the PM monsters. You seem like kind of a good friend.

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

Very much so.

Denominational oversight is very, very important. This is an independent church and they are too prone to being run by a cabal who becomes too run away with their own pride. You might have a problem with the faith. Or you might have a big problem with this church. I know I would beyond a doubt.

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

Very much so.

Denominational oversight is very, very important. This is an independent church and they are too prone to being run by a cabal who becomes too run away with their own pride. You might have a problem with the faith. Or you might have a big problem with this church. I know I would beyond a doubt.

Nah. They are good people. They are just a little misguided by tradition and fear or losing members.

Last school year the kids attended a Freewill Baptist youth convention. The speaker used no Bible but enthusiastically bashed liberal churches for not using the Bible. Several kids came back pissed off. It was so bad the school decided it won't be mandatory next year. Even though our school is Freewill Baptist not many of our students are Freewill Baptist.

It is a weird dynamic. These people are wonderful people. The structure just has the capacity for such bad things. I have been fortunate that all I have ever seen is them making people feel bad. No actual corruption.

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

You were posting all day yesterday during the times you said you were teaching. :lol:

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

You were posting all day yesterday during the times you said you were teaching. :lol:

It depends. What time are my classes?

FYI: The OP was posted at 2:13 am. What kind of school has classes at 2:13 am?

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

I am so grateful. If I ever lose my teaching schedule I know you have a back up. I can save myself from making a moron of myself to get my schedule from the school office.

What time are my classes again?

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

It depends. What time are my classes?

FYI: The OP was posted at 2:13 am. What kind of school has classes at 2:13 am?
Ummm... I’m talking about ALL of your posts.

You do realize there’s a time stamp for each one, right?

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

I am so grateful. If I ever lose my teaching schedule I know you have a back up. I can save myself from making a moron of myself to get my schedule from the school office.

What time are my classes again?
Do you need for me to list them all?

So here is my situation.

Wednesday (nope)
Sunday School ☆
Sunday Morning ☆
Sunday Night ☆

Mowing grass/Relaxing

You seem to be very conscientious about attendance, but you seem to be consumed by a lack of inspiration in going to services. Do you believe prayer would alleviate your attendance angst? If so, take your issues to the Lord in prayer. You can also ask anyone to send up a little prayer for God's help. Something is bothering you about your church. You may already know what it is, which you are free to keep private or share with someone you deeply trust will keep your confidence. Whatever you decide, I wish you are given the strength to deal with whatever is making you miss services. Deep peace of Christ to you, vasuderatorrent.

Forum List

Back