Weakest Speaker Of The House Ever ? Remains to be seen......

What is President Biden doing about it?

The Far Left used to be such deficit hawks when the Trumpster was in charge, but ever since their hero seized power, they've been awfully quiet about it.
Start a thread about it.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
Kevin McCarthy was voted Speaker Of The House yesterday after 15 attempts. From first to 15th Vote he had to make a lot of concessions to those Republicans who would refuse to vote for him.

All of those concessions are in the House Rules which will be voted on this coming Monday.

The question is, will the Rules be voted in, or will it be voted down? Who may vote them down and why?

If voted down, will there be a need to re-negotiated? How will the process work?

Also, if Kevin McCarthy's role as Speaker is so weakened because he had to give up so much, make so many promises, what will happen in the next two years? What will be done and not done?

How will any of this will affect the running of the country?

I will be following what happens from Monday on and we will see together what will happen with that vote and then what may or may not work, and see what the consequences to each is.

I'm glad that the speaker has been chosen and even gladder that he made consessions. I am sad that to get to be speaker, he had to agree to start acting like a Republican again. His answer to all of the demands of the "hardliners," should have been, "of course, that is what I was elected to do."

No doubt he will renege on his promises and go right back to kowtowing to the media by kowtowing to the Dems.

As to him being a "weak speaker," Who cares?

I've always thought that the senior positions in congress/Senate are too powerful. The last two speakers have represented single districts in California. One is San Francisco and one is the district just to the south of San Fran.

Why should their voters have such a powerful representative that can control the entire congressional agenda, while my own congressman, Dan Crenshaw, is relatively junior and winds up on the "environment and climate change committee."

Why should a Senator from Kentucky of all states be the Senate Minority Leader?

Let him be a speaker who has to listen to his fellow Republicans and to Democrats who also represent voters.

Kevin McCarthy was voted Speaker Of The House yesterday after 15 attempts. From first to 15th Vote he had to make a lot of concessions to those Republicans who would refuse to vote for him.

All of those concessions are in the House Rules which will be voted on this coming Monday.

The question is, will the Rules be voted in, or will it be voted down? Who may vote them down and why?

If voted down, will there be a need to re-negotiated? How will the process work?

Also, if Kevin McCarthy's role as Speaker is so weakened because he had to give up so much, make so many promises, what will happen in the next two years? What will be done and not done?

I will be following what happens from Monday on and we will see together what will happen with that vote and then what may or may not work, and see what the consequences to each is.

it was refreshing to see some debate but glad it’s over. Undoing Nancy and the demafasict tyrannical rules is a great start to the Congress and a win for the american people

Debt = the money a country loans

Deficit. = the money which it pays on a monthly basis.

It is no different from getting a loan for a house or a car.

If one pays regularly, without defaulting, one keeps a good credit.

The USA rating is A, because it has never defaulted on its payments (except once when the Republican Party would not raise the debt ceiling in 2011)

The US IS the wealthiest country in the world.

It is not facing bankruptcy as Greece and Italy have in recent history, as I recall.

The money is there to be spent on infrastructure and many other things. If not spent, things can fall apart, places close, etc. And that includes Government.

Other countries are undermining that because we abuse it. We want third houses and new cars and print, print, print while other countries are not able to maintain their first house.

Other countries are undermining that because we abuse it. We want third houses and new cars and print, print, print while other countries are not able to maintain their first house.
All I know about debt and deficit is what I posted.
Other issues are caused by many other factors, I do not think that the debt is one of the

The debt ceiling must be raised every year, or there is no money and it shuts down the Government and many other places eventually, as there is no money to pay Government employees .
That happened back in 2011.

Perhaps weakest RINO Prog enabler. We will see.

All I know about debt and deficit is what I posted.
Other issues are caused by many other factors, I do not think that the debt is one of the

The debt ceiling must be raised every year, or there is no money and it shuts down the Government and many other places eventually, as there is no money to pay Government employees .
That happened back in 2011.

Here is hoping the new House can put a stop to instant raises every year.

We might have to rethink those billions we send abroad to promote and fight stupid useless wars.

Here is hoping the new House can put a stop to instant raises every year.
The Debt ceiling raise MUST happen, or the Government does not function, be it Democratic or Republican House.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
The looming debt limit battle in Washington could spark the most uncertainty since the 2011 brinksmanship that cost America its perfect AAA credit score and caused chaos on Wall Street, Goldman Sachs warned clients in a note Monday.

“To raise the debt limit next year, bipartisan support will be necessary but hard to achieve,” Goldman Sachs economists wrote in the report.

What’s this all about?​

The “debt ceiling” is exactly what it sounds like — the maximum that the federal government is allowed to borrow, after Congress set a level more than a century ago to curtail government borrowing. But when push comes to shove, Congress has in the past raised the debt limit to avoid a default on US debt that economists have warned would be “financial Armageddon.” That’s what lawmakers did in late 2021 following the last standoff over the debt ceiling.

Goldman Sachs notes there have been “more false alarms over the last decade than truly close calls.”

Washington also came together just last week to reach an agreement that averted what would have been a catastrophic rail strike.

But Republicans have signaled a brewing fight over the debt ceiling.

House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy, who is vying to become House Speaker, told CNN before the midterm election that Republicans will demand spending cuts in exchange for lifting the debt ceiling. Republican Senator John Thune of South Dakota told Bloomberg last week the debt ceiling could be a way to push through budget cuts.

Yes, because we use it in a corrupt manner.

Same.

Both have been corrupt for decades.

I bet we can get people to run the parks.
I suggest you google how a country works. Your knowledge is dangerous. Even Public schools would close and you would be ok with that.

Nothing you have said is ok. It weakens the country to the point where its enemies will know how to take advantage and destroy what is left of it.

I suggest you google how a country works. Your knowledge is dangerous. Even Public schools would close and you would be ok with that.

Our schools are ran with local taxes. I have voted for those taxes consistently. But if politicians want to argue they will close the schools if they can't fund foreign wars, I say let them make the argument. I can't wait for the commercials.

Nothing you have said is ok. It weakens the country to the point where its enemies will know how to take advantage and destroy what is left of it.

The military, CIA and FBI has weakened the country.

Should have put a whoopy cushion on the chair. :heehee:

McCarthy showed again that he's a spineless motherfucker when he thanked Trump after he was voted in as speaker. Thanking Trump who's a criminal traitor proves again that McCarthy is no better then Trump, just better at hiding it. Trump got people killed on Jan. 6 & McCarthy is fine with it. They deserve each other. Both are scum.

Forum List

Back