We the People

The people of the several states. Specifically, the people of a significant majority of States.

Did it include blacks, women and Indians?

Yes, at 3/5ths ratio, yes, and no.

Did you say yes and no?

I said yes at a 3/5ths ratio, yes, and no.

Are you able to expound upon your answer?
Was a percentage of blacks, women and Indians included?

3/5ths, 100%, 0%.

Yes, the constitution was written by delegates of the states and ratified by the states. Each state, of course, is the agent of the people of that state.

It didn't say 'We the Delegates'. It said 'We the People of the United States'. The People are the principle. The States are their agent.

The delegates were speaking for the people of their states, obviously.

The delegates didn't cite themselves as the creators of the constitution. They cited the People of the United States.

And the constitution was established between the states that ratified it. Had any of the states not ratified it, that state wouldn't have been in the new union.

The States agents of We the People. Just as the Federal government is the agents of the Several States.

Who exactly represented we the people? Who represented the blacks, women and Indians (who by the way were not citizens?)

Constitutionally? Their elected representatives.

How did they represent the blacks, women and Indians?

Did it include blacks, women and Indians?

Did you say yes and no?

3/5ths, 100%, 0%.

I'll keep guessing.
No blacks, no women, and no Indians were included in we the people?

It didn't say 'We the Delegates'. It said 'We the People of the United States'. The People are the principle. The States are their agent.

The delegates didn't cite themselves as the creators of the constitution. They cited the People of the United States.

And the constitution was established between the states that ratified it. Had any of the states not ratified it, that state wouldn't have been in the new union.

The States agents of We the People. Just as the Federal government is the agents of the Several States.

Who exactly represented we the people? Who represented the blacks, women and Indians (who by the way were not citizens?)

The same way they did every one else: in accordance with the law and constitution. With Indians not being represented.

Did you say yes and no?

3/5ths, 100%, 0%.

I'll keep guessing.
No blacks, no women, and no Indians were included in we the people?
Nope. 3/5ths, 100%, 0%.

The same way they did every one else: in accordance with the law and constitution. With Indians not being represented.

They represented the blacks and women?

Yup. And non-land owners too. All In accordance with the law and constitution.

Can you link where in the Constitution blacks and women are mentioned?

Nope. And nowhere where men are mentioned either. In fact of the groups that you cited, only Indians are mentioned specifically.

To exclude them if they aren't paying taxes.

Nope. And nowhere where men are mentioned either.

Checkmate!

Checkmate!

Nope. As 'people' include anyone who isn't excluded. Which Indians who weren't paying taxes were.

By your logic, 'white men' weren't part of 'we the people'. As they're never mentioned either.

Checkmate!

Nope. As 'people' include anyone who isn't excluded. Which Indians who weren't paying taxes were.

By your logic, 'white men' weren't part of 'we the people'. As they're never mentioned either.

Were slaves and women paying taxes?

Checkmate!

Nope. And often. But they're not excluded if they aren't paying taxes. Indians were.

Don't take my word for it. Read the constitution.

Checkmate!

Nope. And often. But they're not excluded if they aren't paying taxes. Indians were.

Puhleeze, take your word for it.

Checkmate!

Read the constitution. Its right there. All you have to do is read it.

You have read the constitution, yes?

Checkmate!

What do think?

What do think?

I'm guessing you never have. As your comments about electors don't demonstrate much understanding of how the constitution works.

What do think?

I'm guessing you never have. As your comments about electors don't demonstrate much understanding of how the constitution works.

I just wiped the floor with you.

What do think?

I just wiped the floor with you.

Nope. You confused delegates for the republican convention with electors for the electoral college.

That's a rather embarrassing blunder you made.

As far as 'representation', read Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3. It affirms everything I've said.

Yes, the constitution was written by delegates of the states and ratified by the states. Each state, of course, is the agent of the people of that state.

Yes, they cited the people of their states.

No, they cited the People of the United States.

Yes, each of the delegates spoke for the people of one of the united states.

Each delegate represented and spoke for the people of his state, thus he could speak as/for the people of his state. The delegate from, for example, Pennsylvania felt he could speak for the people of Pennsylvania.

So the delegates wrote the constitution, and the states ratified it, thus establishing it between each of the ratifying states.

The delegates operated as agents for the States. While the States were agents of the people. And the People of the United States created the constitution. With the threshold of ratification described in Article 7.

Yes, I agree. The people of the united states created the constitution. The people of each united state sent delegates to a convention, where the constitution was drafted, and then the people of each united state ratified it, establishing it between their respective states. However, had the people of any united state chosen not to ratify it, the constitution would not apply to their state or them.

Forum List

Back