We overreacted

In a "bad year" for the flu, between 50,000 and 100,000 Americans die from the virus. I'm willing to bet that by the end of this year, roughly the same number of people will have died from this virus.

And I'm also willing to bet that there's zero difference in either the total per capita number who become infected and the mortality rate between our country (which ordered a shutdown) and Sweden's, which has refused to order anyone to shut down their business or stay in their homes.

If you accept that the virus had been circulating in our population for months by the time the lock down orders arrived (which is certainly the case) and if you know it's highly contagious, then ordering everyone into their homes in mid-March was closing the barn door when the horses were already long gone.

What does work to control the spread of a novel virus? Herd immunity. Humans have immune systems. They work great, especially in younger people. We can handle viruses.

What we should do is tell older and sicker people to put on a mask. Wear rubber gloves. Avoid crowds at all costs. Avoid hospitals. Stay home whenever you can.

We should have told everyone else: Go about your lives. Yes, we should also add that some of you – probably about 20% – are going to get this novel coronavirus this year. (Normally about 9% of the population gets the flu every year... so your chances of catching COVID-19 this year are about double what you'd normally face with the regular flu.)

And if you get it, it's probably going to suck. But the younger you are and the healthier you are, the more likely it is that you won't have any symptoms at all.

So, let's not cancel school. Let's let the kids go and get exposed to this virus when they are young, when they can handle it, and when they can quickly develop immunity.

That's the best way to build the herd immunity we need – allow everyone who can manage the virus to get exposed. As quickly as possible. After all, the sooner the herd immunity we need develops naturally, the safer we will all be. Deaths are now projected at 60k?

I am in agreement.....after we get testing in place.
How much longer before the blob gets testing in place?

In a "bad year" for the flu, between 50,000 and 100,000 Americans die from the virus. I'm willing to bet that by the end of this year, roughly the same number of people will have died from this virus.

And I'm also willing to bet that there's zero difference in either the total per capita number who become infected and the mortality rate between our country (which ordered a shutdown) and Sweden's, which has refused to order anyone to shut down their business or stay in their homes.

If you accept that the virus had been circulating in our population for months by the time the lock down orders arrived (which is certainly the case) and if you know it's highly contagious, then ordering everyone into their homes in mid-March was closing the barn door when the horses were already long gone.

What does work to control the spread of a novel virus? Herd immunity. Humans have immune systems. They work great, especially in younger people. We can handle viruses.

What we should do is tell older and sicker people to put on a mask. Wear rubber gloves. Avoid crowds at all costs. Avoid hospitals. Stay home whenever you can.

We should have told everyone else: Go about your lives. Yes, we should also add that some of you – probably about 20% – are going to get this novel coronavirus this year. (Normally about 9% of the population gets the flu every year... so your chances of catching COVID-19 this year are about double what you'd normally face with the regular flu.)

And if you get it, it's probably going to suck. But the younger you are and the healthier you are, the more likely it is that you won't have any symptoms at all.

So, let's not cancel school. Let's let the kids go and get exposed to this virus when they are young, when they can handle it, and when they can quickly develop immunity.

That's the best way to build the herd immunity we need – allow everyone who can manage the virus to get exposed. As quickly as possible. After all, the sooner the herd immunity we need develops naturally, the safer we will all be. Deaths are now projected at 60k?

Testing is irrelevant. As Fauci said you would have to test someone daily to be certain and that is not feasible and antibody testing is highly flawed.

Testing is irrelevant. As Fauci said you would have to test someone daily to be certain and that is not feasible and antibody testing is highly flawed.

so the tests aren’t perfect like your blob said they were?

Tests work but you have to do them daily for them to work. 99% of the people will have no to mild symptoms. Herd immunity is the key as well as treatments like Rem and Hydrox

BTW you call him a blob. Are you in great shape? Those in glass houses...take it easy Fatty Corn.

Tests work but you have to do them daily for them to work. 99% of the people will have no to mild symptoms. Herd immunity is the key as well as treatments like Rem and Hydrox

So if you’re found to have Covid-19 today, you have to get tested tomorrow to see if you still have it?

Doubtful.

BTW you call him a blob. Are you in great shape? Those in glass houses...take it easy Fatty Corn.

Does it hurt your feelings that I call your lord and master “the blob”? Poor snowflake

So if you’re found to have Covid-19 today, you have to get tested tomorrow to see if you still have it?

Doubtful.
No. You misunderstand. I could Be tested today and be negative but have it and then tomorrow it could show up. That is the problem. And the next day and the next day. Key is to get it and develop immunity.

Does it hurt your feelings that I call your lord and master “the blob”? Poor snowflake
My feelings? LMAO. I come From a family of athletes. My wife ran Boston 3x. I still play competitive hoops and coach. My kids are elite athletes in basketball and LAX. We eat healthy and we play hard. So unless you are on that level don’t call anyone fat. If you are then by all means. So? Are you at that level?

Doubtful.
No. You misunderstand. I could Be tested today and be negative but have it and then tomorrow it could show up. That is the problem. And the next day and the next day. Key is to get it and develop immunity.
Perhaps but...

It’s probably more of a problem if you have it and don’t know it since 30,000+ have died from having contracted it. Because you can self quarantine before you pass it off to someone who may have a PEC.

My feelings? LMAO. I come From a family of athletes. My wife ran Boston 3x. I still play competitive hoops and coach. My kids are elite athletes in basketball and LAX. We eat healthy and we play hard. So unless you are on that level don’t call anyone fat. If you are then by all means. So? Are you at that level?

That it hurts your wittle feelings when I call your lord and master the blob is hilarious. One would think you wouldn’t be such a pussy if the above were remotely true.

Doubtful.
Perhaps but...

It’s probably more of a problem if you have it and don’t know it since 30,000+ have died from having contracted it. Because you can self quarantine before you pass it off to someone who may have a PEC.
Yep and in a bad flu season we lose 100k? I had It and it sucked but was not debilitating. My wife only lost smell and taste. Still worked out daily. My kids showed zero symptoms. Both young at 12 and 10. I bet Lot more people have it. Only reason I got tested was because I dropped 15 pounds in 2 weeks. Only reason. Other than that I had a mild cough and headaches. I bet my kids gave it to my wife and me as they continued to play with their friends. Kids are basically immune but they are carriers. Now I live care free. Yes 1% will suffer and it sucks but we know a lot more about it. We have some treatments that have worked. We have ventilators and knowledge and we know that soap
And water kills it. Testing is not the answer. Herd immunity is. Once most are immune the virus dies out and then everyone is safe, including those at high risk. Look at India. Very few cases. Why? Very hot weather.

That it hurts your wittle feelings when I call your lord and master the blob is hilarious. One would think you wouldn’t be such a pussy if the above were remotely true.
Did you read what I wrote? I am all for
Making fun of fat people if you’re in shape. This damn country is fat and that is why we are dying because of this fairy virus. But are YOU in great shape? I think You’re fat and you’re projecting on Trump. So get healthy and then by all means call him fat. He can take it.

Doubtful.
Perhaps but...

Yep and in a bad flu season we lose 100k? I had It and it sucked but was not debilitating. My wife only lost smell and taste. Still worked out daily. My kids showed zero symptoms. Both young at 12 and 10. I bet Lot more people have it. Only reason I got tested was because I dropped 15 pounds in 2 weeks. Only reason. Other than that I had a mild cough and headaches. I bet my kids gave it to my wife and me as they continued to play with their friends. Kids are basically immune but they are carriers. Now I live care free. Yes 1% will suffer and it sucks but we know a lot more about it. We have some treatments that have worked. We have ventilators and knowledge and we know that soap
And water kills it. Testing is not the answer. Herd immunity is. Once most are immune the virus dies out and then everyone is safe, including those at high risk. Look at India. Very few cases. Why? Very hot weather.
. Wow...

makes one wonder why anyone got tested in the first place if that was the case. Lol

Your worry is that more positive tests makes your blob look bad.

Making fun of fat people if you’re in shape. This damn country is fat and that is why we are dying because of this fairy virus. But are YOU in great shape? I think You’re fat and you’re projecting on Trump. So get healthy and then by all means call him fat. He can take it.

Calling the morbidly obese Trump“the blob” hurts your feelings. Poor baby

Doubtful.
Perhaps but...

. Wow...

makes one wonder why anyone got tested in the first place if that was the case. Lol

Your worry is that more positive tests makes your blob look bad.
Zero to do with Trump. It’s just logic. You have special problems

Calling the morbidly obese Trump“the blob” hurts your feelings. Poor baby
One way conversations suck. Read what I wrote. When you’re fat don’t call others fat

Forum List

Back