We must eliminate hate crime laws

Virtually all crime is based on motive you dinks ! Motive = what people are thinking .

It's the difference tween 1st degree murder, 2nd degree, manslaughter, and justifiable homicide.

Virtually all crime is based on motive you dinks ! Motive = what people are thinking .

No kidding. But thinking twisted as it maybe is not by itself a crime,

It's not! You can think "Isis is right ". That's not a crime. You blow shit up because you are an Isis terrorist . Well that's a crime . It'd be terrorism , not just destruction of property .

No kidding. But thinking twisted as it maybe is not by itself a crime,

It's not! You can think "Isis is right ". That's not a crime. You blow shit up because you are an Isis terrorist . Well that's a crime . It'd be terrorism , not just destruction of property .

No argument from me.

It's the difference tween 1st degree murder, 2nd degree, manslaughter, and justifiable homicide.

We already have those, so no need for hate crime legislation.

Geez . The point is that you have a dead body. What makes it murder 1 and not justifiable homicide ?

Hate crime laws were ruled constitutional. They were ruled constitutional in a case of BLACK on WHITE crime.
You think I care about that? I don't want a black person being falsely accused of something any more than I want a white person being falsely accused of something.

Why is it always race with you people?

And hate crime laws were never found to be "constitutional". Stop making shit up.

Hate crime laws were ruled constitutional. They were ruled constitutional in a case of BLACK on WHITE crime.
You think I care about that? I don't want a black person being falsely accused of something any more than I want a white person being falsely accused of something.

And hate crime laws were never found to be "constitutional". Stop making shit up.

Hate crimes aren't about race?

Are you fucking retarded? Hint, that's a rhetorical question.

Everything about the supposed "hate crime" laws are illegal and unconstitutional. For starters, it's a form of double-jeopardy. It's already illegal to assault someone. Charging them with the assault and a "hate crime" on top of that (or in addition to that to make the penalties for the crime harsher) is absurd. The same goes with murder, rape, etc.

Second, and much more importantly, it violates every basic law we have. Short of a confession, there is absolutely no possible way to prove the mindset of the accused. If the prosecutor were to - in a court of law - ask a witness if the accused committed the crime because they were racist/homophobic/etc., any competent defense attorney would object on the grounds of speculation. Nobody could possibly know what was in the mind of the accused. And any competent judge would sustain the objection. Even if the accused were a devout member of the KKK and killed a black person, nobody could possibly know with any level of certainty that the murder was committed due to the color of the victim. It could have been out of rage from confrontation. It could have been a hired hit by the wife of the victim. It could have been out of a perceived threat by the victim to the accused.

And yet that's exactly what these idiotic hate crime laws do - they assume what was in the mind of the accused and introduce it as "fact" in their arguments. Now that the party of logic and reason is in control again, we need to start repealing these idiotic laws. All minorities are already protected by the same laws that protect any other class of citizen.
Lie down, open your mouth, close your eyes and say please. I have a present for you

Everything about the supposed "hate crime" laws are illegal and unconstitutional. For starters, it's a form of double-jeopardy. It's already illegal to assault someone. Charging them with the assault and a "hate crime" on top of that (or in addition to that to make the penalties for the crime harsher) is absurd. The same goes with murder, rape, etc.

Second, and much more importantly, it violates every basic law we have. Short of a confession, there is absolutely no possible way to prove the mindset of the accused. If the prosecutor were to - in a court of law - ask a witness if the accused committed the crime because they were racist/homophobic/etc., any competent defense attorney would object on the grounds of speculation. Nobody could possibly know what was in the mind of the accused. And any competent judge would sustain the objection. Even if the accused were a devout member of the KKK and killed a black person, nobody could possibly know with any level of certainty that the murder was committed due to the color of the victim. It could have been out of rage from confrontation. It could have been a hired hit by the wife of the victim. It could have been out of a perceived threat by the victim to the accused.

And yet that's exactly what these idiotic hate crime laws do - they assume what was in the mind of the accused and introduce it as "fact" in their arguments. Now that the party of logic and reason is in control again, we need to start repealing these idiotic laws. All minorities are already protected by the same laws that protect any other class of citizen.

Hate crime laws were ruled constitutional.

They were ruled constitutional in a case of BLACK on WHITE crime.

That doesn't make it okay. We have laws to punish crimes. We don't need "hate crime laws."
We need them now more than ever since religious/political/racial motivated assaults are way up. Going out to lure a (insert appropriate racial/gender/religous group) person into a beatdown or vandalizing a place of worship or political office are not simple everyday crimes and have the potential to spark civil strife or revenge crimes so they deserve harsher sentences. No one objects to any of the other kinds of laws that lengthen sentences for various circumstances surrounding the crime so why just this?

The good news is that an illegal alien can commit these crimes and still live among the public under far left religious doctrine!

Lie down, open your mouth, close your eyes and say please. I have a present for you
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

What does that even mean? Is this your way of coming out of the closet or something? :dunno:

Hate crimes aren't about race?

Are you fucking retarded? Hint, that's a rhetorical question.

Says the far left drone that used race as their example!

Forum List

Back