"We Do Not Censor Books" : New York Public Library Refuses to Cancel Dr. Seuss.

the freedom to literally SPEAK your mind is in danger...OHHHHHH SPEAAAAK!

What are you not allowed to say?

I still love Dr Seuss. I will continue to read him to my grandchildren. I read his books to my children. My Mom read them to me.

Of the 6 books taken down, I only recognized one. And it was the least favorite of my kids.

God bless you, and god bless freedom!

EvzqrwqXEAEXHS6

Good on them! :clap:

"The library, which serves Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island, said it does not censor books and will keep the controversial titles in circulation until they are no longer in suitable shape to lend out, a spokeswoman said.

“As with all public libraries the New York Public Library does not censor books,” library spokeswoman Angela Montefinise said.

I assume that activists will simply check out those books and never return them.

We are now a land of censorship.

It will get worse and worse with each passing year of the Harris and (ostensibly) Biden administration.

Dr Seuss was explicitly against racism. he wrote a whole stack of books against racism

he got his start drawing cartoons against the Nazis, and against racism. Here is one of his works.

CANCEL THIS!

EvejAbrXAAAOuL3
And so is this:
seuss-japan-1.png

But there were other stereotypes on propaganda posters during the war, I remember seeing one with German stereotypes. Hitler wasn't on it and it wasn't drawn by Dr. Seuss.

Here's another Dr. Seuss cartoon before he got famous:
jpg.jpg

The one calling interred Japanese-Americans spies is pretty bad:
5666d18a1300002900738c7e.jpeg

But lastly, banning his books isn't a thing. He just wasn't mentioned on Read Across America Day, and 6 of his 45 books aren't being reprinted. I'm not aware of them being yanked from library shelves.

Wow...this is just amazing.

Now watch...some liberal book burning Nazis will destroy the Dr Suess books somehow.
Wrong.

This is a lie.

The titles are being unilaterally discontinued by the publisher, having nothing to do with ‘liberals.’

The notion that ‘liberals’ advocate for book burning is also a lie.

You loons are are in the midst of culture cancel and you expect us to believe that?

Fckn dumbass, canceling Dr Seuss? Beyond dumbfckery

You're the dumb fuckery, no one cancelled the estate decided to stop publishing. Jesus Christ go back to your Q meeting, freak.

Fahrenheit 451 is the American's left instruction manual.

First they came for the conservatives on campus, now they're coming for the books.
At least conservatives are consistent at being liars.

There is no ‘they’ – no one ‘came’ for conservatives on campus, no one is ‘coming’ for books, liberals in particular.

And Fahrenheit 451 was written as a critique of McCarthyism and the right’s use of lies and censorship to attack political opponents – a tactic rightists continue to use today.

Conservatives are as ignorant as they are dishonest.

They never bother to do some research before they open their mouths and stick dick into it.

• Love
Reactions: xyz

I still love Dr Seuss. I will continue to read him to my grandchildren. I read his books to my children. My Mom read them to me.

Of the 6 books taken down, I only recognized one. And it was the least favorite of my kids.

If you still have that one it might worth much more than what you paid. Saw one yesterday either on ebay or amazon for $6000.

If you still have that one it might worth much more than what you paif. Saw one yesterday either on ebay or amazon for $6000.

That doesn't mean someone's going to pay that much for one. I bet most of those titles aren't even rare.

The New York Public Library is a beacon of sanity in a world going batshit crazy.

If you still have that one it might worth much more than what you paif. Saw one yesterday either on ebay or amazon for $6000.

That doesn't mean someone's going to pay that much for one. I bet most of those titles aren't even rare.

Probably not but still wish we would have saved some of my kids books from their childhood if our lab back in those days that ate everything in sight from LP records to books, he just might have ate them, lol. It's been over 40 years so can't remember.

Forum List

Back