“We Cannot Mince Words”: San Francisco Education Official Denounces Meritocracy As Racist"

They want to get rid of gifted programs because it shows a clear racial disparity in intellectual capacity. Best to bury the ugly truth than confront it.
The top student in my older son's Catholic School graduated with a 4.6 GPA, all honors and had his choice of any college he wanted with full tuition paid....Oh by the way, the kid was black. His parents were Republican voters also....Can you imagine that?

Good for him. But high achieving black students are the exception, not the rule.

They want to get rid of gifted programs because it shows a clear racial disparity in intellectual capacity. Best to bury the ugly truth than confront it.
The top student in my older son's Catholic School graduated with a 4.6 GPA, all honors and had his choice of any college he wanted with full tuition paid....Oh by the way, the kid was black. His parents were Republican voters also....Can you imagine that?

Good for him. But high achieving black students are the exception, not the rule.
Again, the Lame Stream Media and Democrats,(but i repeat myself) only look at the inner city blacks, not the neighborhood blacks, because as it is said, rioters, looters and murderers get more notoriety instead of the boring blacks who actually live their lives like every other law abiding citizen of the US. When war breaks out, it wont be North vs South, or Black vs White, it will be of the ideology of Good vs Evil.

The book of Good. - Bible - God.
Evil Book - Rules for Radicals -Lucifer.

Alison Collins, the Vice President of the San Francisco Board of Education, has declared meritocracy to be racist even in the selection of students at advanced or gifted programs. As we have previously discussed, this has been a building campaign in academia as educators and others denounce selection based on academic performance through testing. At issue in San Francisco is Lowell High School where top students were selected through testing and grades. Most cities have such gifted programs or institutions, though we have discussed calls for the elimination of all gifted and talented programs in cities like New York. Lowell had a majority of white and Asian students and only two percent of its student body were African-Americans. Collins and other board members want to abolish the merit-based selection in favor of a blind lottery system

Definition of meritocracy

: a system, organization, or society in which people are chosen and moved into positions of success, power, and influence on the basis of their demonstrated abilities and merit

This is a Prog admitting that she thinks blacks aren't as good as other students.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Merit based is great. It lets those who are gifted learners get ahead. They deserve it.

Blind lottery is idiotic. Whoever came up with that shit is a complete moron.

Alison Collins, the Vice President of the San Francisco Board of Education, has declared meritocracy to be racist even in the selection of students at advanced or gifted programs. As we have previously discussed, this has been a building campaign in academia as educators and others denounce selection based on academic performance through testing. At issue in San Francisco is Lowell High School where top students were selected through testing and grades. Most cities have such gifted programs or institutions, though we have discussed calls for the elimination of all gifted and talented programs in cities like New York. Lowell had a majority of white and Asian students and only two percent of its student body were African-Americans. Collins and other board members want to abolish the merit-based selection in favor of a blind lottery system

Definition of meritocracy

: a system, organization, or society in which people are chosen and moved into positions of success, power, and influence on the basis of their demonstrated abilities and merit

This is a Prog admitting that she thinks blacks aren't as good as other students.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Merit based is great. It lets those who are gifted learners get ahead. They deserve it.

Blind lottery is idiotic. Whoever came up with that shit is a complete moron.
Leftists know that under a pure meritocracy, they'd starve to death.

Again, the Lame Stream Media and Democrats,(but i repeat myself) only look at the inner city blacks, not the neighborhood blacks, because as it is said, rioters, looters and murderers get more notoriety instead of the boring blacks who actually live their lives like every other law abiding citizen of the US. When war breaks out, it wont be North vs South, or Black vs White, it will be of the ideology of Good vs Evil.

Since when does the mainstream media put any focus on the destructive aspects of black culture in America?

Since when does the mainstream media put any focus on the destructive aspects of black culture in America?
only when it suits them to get the blacks to vote for Democrats. How can a bunch of low IQ blacks vote Democrats when it was BLM/ANTIFA burning down cities in the name of Social Justice, thus harming the very people who are black? Then vote for a racist like Joe Biden, who called blacks super predators, instead of President Trump who in 4 short years had the black population voting more for him than any Republican after Abraham Lincoln. That is how the LSM has taken out of context what the Dumbocrats did to the blacks, but twist it as usual to make the Dumbocraps look like angels...or demons...or just a sleepy creepy dude who was too afraid to come out of his basement.

Having grown up in the inner city, I don’t agree. What it shows are the results of people who value education. A lot of my white, Latino and Black classmates parents didn’t demand they get good grades. I can’t recall a single Asian parent that would accept less than a B, and considered even that as a sub-standard grade. The kids that were driven to excel did, most of the rest wound up in gangs or jail in their twenties.

Statistically speaking, African Americans are quite measurably inferior in intelligence to the General Population. EVERY SINGLE INTELLIGENCE OR APTITUDE TEST that is administered across racial lines produces the same result. Black scores are substantially lower than the average for "everyone else." The infamous "Performance Gap" is experienced by every single school district in the country where there are significant numbers of Blacks studying alongside "whites." This will never end, regardless of how much money and whatever resources are thrown at the "problem."

Accordingly, any time any program, benefit, award, or consideration is based on academic merit, Blacks will achieve that benefit at a much lower rate than the General Population. Hence, if one is so stupid or deluded to infer RACISM from every disparate result, then the examples of racism will be endless.

There is no "solution" to an unpleasant reality like this. The best course is to reinforce meritocracy, so that the elite individuals in the POC communities can achieve things according to their abilities. To pretend that people are all the same and all benefits should be distributed according to the prevailing demographics is a formula for the devolution of basically everything.

Glad I'm too old to worry about it.

Statistically speaking, African Americans are quite measurably inferior in intelligence to the General Population. EVERY SINGLE INTELLIGENCE OR APTITUDE TEST that is administered across racial lines produces the same result. Black scores are substantially lower than the average for "everyone else." The infamous "Performance Gap" is experienced by every single school district in the country where there are significant numbers of Blacks studying alongside "whites." This will never end, regardless of how much money and whatever resources are thrown at the "problem."

Accordingly, any time any program, benefit, award, or consideration is based on academic merit, Blacks will achieve that benefit at a much lower rate than the General Population. Hence, if one is so stupid or deluded to infer RACISM from every disparate result, then the examples of racism will be endless.

There is no "solution" to an unpleasant reality like this. The best course is to reinforce meritocracy, so that the elite individuals in the POC communities can achieve things according to their abilities. To pretend that people are all the same and all benefits should be distributed according to the prevailing demographics is a formula for the devolution of basically everything.

Glad I'm too old to worry about it.
I have to disagree with your statement as you seem to have bundled all of the african americans. There are some like Ben Carson and others who have bucked the progressive system to become quite intelligent, but as we see from the left, that they are Oreos or Uncle Tom's because they didnt stay stupid and continue living under White Progressive Rule....

The only way for blacks to be equal is to dumb everyone else down. Only an idiot would think that's a good idea.

A disparity (or pattern) of results is not proof of racism. This is so fundamentally true that it is infuriating that people who are highly placed in Academe fight it.

To illustrate, an advanced academic program that requires students to be, say, one Standard Deviation above the mean, will weed out (roughly) 85% of the general population, qualifying only 15%. But that same standard will weed out almost 98% of Blacks. If the total population is, say 1,000 students and 25% of them are Black, Blacks would get nowhere near 25% of the slots. A proper selection would likely yield 112 whites (and Asians), and 5 Blacks, with no racism in play. Pure merit.

In fact, in such a situation it would be extremely prejudicial to have anything other than anonymous evaluation of applicants, with race, ethnicity, and gender not disclosed.

Which would drive Leftists crazy.

Forum List

Back