Watts Up With That, aka, LOLWUWT and WTFUWT

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
A joke of a website posted here INCESSANTLY.

Anthony Watts - RationalWiki
Willard Anthony Watts is a former Radio and TV Weatherman and notable global warming Denier...He is the proprietor of the Jerry Seinfeldian Watts Up With That (geddit?) blog, usually shortened to WUWT or, as it is sometimes affectionately nicknamed, LOLWUWT or WTFUWT. [.........]. Mostly he just Repeats the same Tired old denier talking points, or pulls out some random data and says, "Look, it's Cold somewhere!"

As is typical of media Weathercasters, Watts (a college dropout) has No academic training in the physics of climate or related disciplines. Unencumbered by scientific expertise he works by intuition...
[......]
The Surface Stations Project:: Ironically, Watts has done more to strengthen the scientific evidence for AGW than refute it.[.....]the Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres did analyze the data, and found that the stations Watts flagged as unreliable were indeed unreliable. They had actually Underestimated the maximum temperatures.[5] Good catch, Anthony!
BESTed::: Watts appeared to stake his entire stance on the reliability of surface temperature data on a single study: the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature Study (BEST)..... However, when BEST's results confirmed the Reliability of preexisting surface temperature records, Watts Backpedaled.[7] [.....] Lately Watts has Degenerated into Boringness, Repeating the Same tired arguments and making Al Gore jokes on LOLWUWT.
[.....]

Last edited:
Anthony Watts - SourceWatch

Willard Anthony Watts is a blogger, weathercaster and Non-scientist, paid AGW denier who runs the website wattsupwiththat.com. He does Not have a university qualification and has No climate credentials other than being a radio weather announcer. His website is parodied and debunked at the website Wott's Up With That? | A response to Climate Change disinformation at wattsupwiththat.com - - - Watts is on the Payroll of the Heartland Institute, which itself is funded by Polluting industries.[1]

Watts attended Purdue University from 1975 to 1982 but left without graduating.[2] A number of direct queries to Watts to find out if he graduated from college were rebuffed, but a direct query to Purdue revealed that he did Not obtain a degree from the university.
[......]
"Leipzig Declaration" signatory:: The signers of the Declaration are described as "climate scientists", although they include 25 weather presenters.[30] An attempt to contact the declaration's 33 European signers found that 4 of them could not be located, 12 denied ever having signed, and some had not even heard of the Leipzig Declaration. Those who verified signing included a medical doctor, a nuclear scientist, and an entomologist. After discounting the signers whose credentials were inflated, irrelevant, false, or unverifiable, only 20 of the names on the list had any scientific connection with the study of climate change, and some of those names were known to have obtained grants from the oil and fuel industry, including the German coal and the govt of Kuwait.
[......]

Last edited:
What’s Funny About That? Quite a Bit Actually!
AGU Blog - Dan Satterfield
27 July 2015

What happens when you write a blog that is so full of Misinformation, and Incorrect assumptions, that someone starts a separate a blog to correct the mistakes? Well, for one thing you get some good laughs, and at times a real feeling of Schadenfreude! - I’m talking about the blog What’s up With That (WUWT) and HotWhopper which corrects the Bad science posted there on a daily basis.
If you don’t have Sou’s Hot Whopper in your reader, you really should.
Now, I rarely say much about WUWT, because it’s mainly an echo chamber for the conspiracy minded to agree with each other, without someone pointing out bothersome things like facts. Actually, the last time I mentioned it was by accident when I wrote If The Scientific Truth Is Inconvenient,Publish your Own Truth! about the “Open Atmospheric Society“. It turns out that it’s connected to WUWT (I suspected so) and it’s blog master Anthony Watts. Apparently he is starting his own journal to publish the truth that all the world’s scientists are all keeping hidden.
[.....]
The silliness at WUWT has been going on for a while now.....
We are definitely living in the age of the Conspiracy Theory..Sometimes it just takes a while.
In the meantime, sit back sheeple, put on the tinfoil hat, and grab the popcorn!
[......]
`

Last edited:
CO2 most powerful molecule in the Universe! Floods, fires, droughts, Cat 6 hurricanes, heats the deep oceans, melts the polar ice caps in record time, and has never been found in a single laboratory experiment!

A joke of a website posted here INCESSANTLY.

Anthony Watts - RationalWiki
Willard Anthony Watts is a former Radio and TV Weatherman and notable global warming Denier...He is the proprietor of the Jerry Seinfeldian Watts Up With That (geddit?) blog, usually shortened to WUWT or, as it is sometimes affectionately nicknamed, LOLWUWT or WTFUWT. [.........]. Mostly he just Repeats the same Tired old denier talking points, or pulls out some random data and says, "Look, it's Cold somewhere!"

As is typical of media Weathercasters, Watts (a college dropout) has No academic training in the physics of climate or related disciplines. Unencumbered by scientific expertise he works by intuition...
[......]
The Surface Stations Project:: Ironically, Watts has done more to strengthen the scientific evidence for AGW than refute it.[.....]the Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres did analyze the data, and found that the stations Watts flagged as unreliable were indeed unreliable. They had actually Underestimated the maximum temperatures.[5] Good catch, Anthony!
BESTed::: Watts appeared to stake his entire stance on the reliability of surface temperature data on a single study: the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature Study (BEST)..... However, when BEST's results confirmed the Reliability of preexisting surface temperature records, Watts Backpedaled.[7] [.....] Lately Watts has Degenerated into Boringness, Repeating the Same tired arguments and making Al Gore jokes on LOLWUWT.
[.....]

And he didn't win the Nobel Prize.....like Michael Mann, eh?

CO2 most powerful molecule in the Universe! Floods, fires, droughts, Cat 6 hurricanes, heats the deep oceans, melts the polar ice caps in record time, and has never been found in a single laboratory experiment!
Oh look, our poster child for Dunning-Kruger just chimed in. No, we all know better, it's them thar reptilians in that thar holler moon. LOL

Oh look, our poster child for Dunning-Kruger just chimed in. No, we all know better, it's them thar reptilians in that thar holler moon. LOL

As usual you fail to understand Sarcasm that means your struggle is expected.

Meanwhile this thread is just a barrage of personal attacks because he and many warmist/alarmists can't address the CONTENT of the articles many rational people have posted here now that it is world's LARGEST science blog it will always be a target for childish attacks and a thorn in their dirty underpants.

As a Moderator there I see a lot of people with real science degrees and other technical degrees comment there and they generally make a lot of good points on the articles.

Currently at this moment there are 3,326,714 comments approved.

322,211 views / 6,028 comments​

Feb, Sat 19 — Feb, Fri 25​

Let's see if any of these warmist/alarmists can counter the CONTENT of this WUWT article which I posted before only to see ZERO comments about the CONTENT of the post itself just a lot of screaming attacks against the blog without evidence screams at the author without evidence and even when repeatedly asked to address something in the article they run away.

Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

Excerpt:

Despite my asking over and over in a host of forums, including in my previous post, to date, nobody has been able to tell me just what this supposed “CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!” actually is and where I might find evidence that it exists. Here are some facts for the folks that think that the climate is a real danger to humanity.

Let me begin with the fact that the IPCC itself doesn’t think that there is a “climate crisis” or a “climate emergency”. In the IPCC AR6 WG1, the single mention of a “climate emergency” is a far-too-gentle chiding of the media for using the term, viz:

Some media outlets have recently adopted and promoted terms and phrases stronger than the more neutral ‘climate change’ and ‘global warming’, including ‘climate crisis’, ‘global heating’, and ‘climate emergency’.
SOURCE
And it’s no surprise that the IPCC doesn’t think there’s an emergency. To start with, deaths from climate-related phenomena are at an all-time low. If you think deaths from climate-related catastrophes are an emergency, please point in the graph below to the start of the “emergency”.

global-climate-deaths-per-mil-mine-square.png

LINK

=====

I am sure they will once again run away from the article itself and just scream against it because they no arguments to offer against it.

Almost 24 hours later the Warmist/alarmist camp can't address a Strong evidence-based article because they KNOW they can't address the CONTENT of the article.

So much for that brave immature irrational attack on the world largest science blog.

:cool:

Almost 24 hours later the Warmist/alarmist camp can't address a Strong evidence-based article because they KNOW they can't address the CONTENT of the article.

So much for that brave immature irrational attack on the world largest science blog.

:cool:
skookerasbil said:
lol....more theory....dud

1645985461593.png

Hourly tolling of ALL my/other 'lib' threads is a much bigger issue.
*** You dumb cvmstain
we need some rules here that apply to Both sides, not let RWers/Skookeasbil sabotage threads.

What an angry kultist!

You want the rules to say only kultist dogma is allowed. If you've got science, bring it. Put skooks on ignore.

If you can't control your emotions, no one else has any obligation to do it for you.

What an angry kultist!

You want the rules to say only kultist dogma is allowed. If you've got science, bring it. Put skooks on ignore.

If you can't control your emotions, no one else has any obligation to do it for you.
'Ignore' only 'works' one way on this board.
You just become a target w/o defense.
If it was 2-way like FB, (other bds) that Would work! I tried.
Flacaltenn won't do it.
Cuts down on USMB page views/money.
Noxious RW Trolls (like you) are the bread and butter here.

`

'Ignore' only 'works' one way on this board.
You just become a target w/o defense.
If it was 2-way like FB, (other bds) that Would work! I tried.
Flacaltenn won't do it.
Cuts down on USMB page views/money.
Noxious RW Trolls (like you) are the bread and butter here.

`
So, you petulantly demand that other people control your emotions for you.

How's that working out? Hint: Not too good.

So, you petulantly demand that other people control your emotions for you.

How's that working out? Hint: Not too good.
Nothing petulant about asking for sober coherent discussion.
One that avoids the hundreds/thousands of RW Trolls who never go past one or two sentences and Never post any topical Content.
`

Forum List

Back