Watching Coronavirus update they ask again about the "90 day withdrawal of tariffs against China"...they really want Trump to lose

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
They asked this question 3 or 4 times over the few days.

I think there will be a push by MSM (this was a WSJ reporter) to pressure Trump to betray his voters, knowing Biden will take these same voters if he does. Trump denied they are doing this, but you can sense there is pressure from some to have him lift tariffs on China.

I am almost certain this would cost him a percentage of his supporters. He is only going to be elected as long as Americans believe he is NOT the Establishment. If he just takes marching orders and bends to all requests from the Establishment, especially on China and your border, he won't win in 2020. These are the key issues that allow him to be different from everyone else.

That was part of Phase 1 of the trade deal.

I agree, but Trump has said "I had a conversation with Xi, he never brought up the issue".

Then the reporter said some might be making a proposal to put on his desk, Trump reiterated "nothing is law unless I sign it." Then after saying that seemed to float the idea that "who knows", as if he would consider it. When Trump is speaks out strongly you know. His instincts can't be getting weak, can they?

This would absolutely destroy his 2020 chances. Any president candidate going forward who says they will be tough on China and talks about tariffs and other measures will right from scratch enjoy 20-25% of all voters. The rest of the battle is downhill from there, Americans know what they are up against, it's even more clear to so many more after this virus. This is the easiest lay up against Biden and any other Dem candidate.

If I were advising Trump I would tell him "tougher is better" when it comes to China and 2020.

Reading through some of the tweets today CCP/Chinese are getting very aggressive towards Taiwan too. Others want liberty and are fighting it any way they can. This is no time to cow tow to communist or their terrorism. There is a video on one of their generals back in 2015 saying they would use bioweapons. I did not save it as it was not translated and truthfully just didn't think about it at the time but will if I come across it again.

Forum List

Back