Watch looters in California pick a 7-11 clean in minutes

By that logic, we should execute jaywalkers.

Yeah, here's the problem with that... when you have THIS as part of your history,

View attachment 684948

you really don't get to talk about whippings.

The problem with this is that people of color will end up getting whipped or maimed, while white people with good lawyers will get off with lesser punishments.

Don't believe me.

Tayna McDowell got five years in prison for lying about her address to get her son in a less dangerous school.
Felicity Huffman spent 11 days in a Club Fed for a massive scheme to get her daughter into UC.

Thousands of young men are sent to prison every year for drug offenses, but Rush Limbaugh never spent a day in jail for his Oxycotin abuse.
This picture is just that, History…. It’s in the past. America learned and moved on. This picture is also present day Asia, Middle East, and Africa.

If this store sealed them in so they can't get out, and they just gassed them, I'd smile. These "people" are just a cockroach infestation

Are they though? Without getting into a long-drawn out discussion about education, the fact is that inner city schools don't compare to suburban white schools in any respect related to funding, facilities, staffing, etc.

As for job opportunities, it's already been established that if you have a minority name on your resume, you are less likely to be called back for an interview than if you have a white name.

Yes, they are... and why is that?
Because a white kid with mental health issues is going to get treatment.
A white kid who dabbles in drugs is going to get rehab.
A white kid who gets into trouble is going to get probation and community service, while the minority kid gets jail.

The fact is, for a long time, since Reagan, pretty much, the rich have gotten richer and the poor have gotten poorer. And then you wonder, sitting there with your full belly and your warm house, why they are acting out.

Given anything proposed by Republicans makes the problems worse, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

The problem with Red Waves, and this will be the third one I've had to live through, is that they really think they can solve problems without really solving them, but just appealling to people's worst instincts.

Now, here's the thing. Until 2008 or so, I was pretty right wing. Then I realized two essential truths.

1) That I don't make enough money to vote Republican, and neither do you if you aren't making mid-six figures.
2) That the way the GOP keeps people like you voting Republican is playing on your racial, religious and sexual fears.

I make pretty decent money with diversified income (steady job, lucrative side business, rental property). And I realize that I'm STILL probably one major recession or one serious illness away from being wiped out. I blame that on Republicans, not Democrats.
You are a very sincere liberal.

You really believe what you have said.

I, too, used to be a liberal.

I would literally cry when I read the articles in Ebony magazine about how ethnicity X was treated.

Then I went out into the world and started interacting with some of these people for whom I had shed copious tears.

Know what? I quickly lost any illusions about them. I learned that -- for some reason -- they had an unusually large percentage of people who are not nice. All groups have bad people, but darn it they have a ridiculously large percentage.

Here in Los Angeles, members of two groups (no need to be specific) commit the most violent crime.

It is disgusting. It is outrageous. It is a harbinger of what the entire country will be like in a few decades.

Have a nice weekend!

Well, since the poster raised this issue, I now have the guts to discuss it (gently, of course).

I have lived in Los Angeles since the 1940s. Really!

For a long time, Mexican Americans or Chicanos lived in well-defined areas of Los Angeles. They did not wander into other parts of Los Angeles to cause trouble.

And until the 1960s, neither did that other minority group that is the pet of liberal Dems.

Well, this is 2022.

Here in Los Angeles, most of the violence in Los Angeles is being committed by Hispanic Americans.

You may have heard about our new bridge spanning the Los Angeles River. It is beautiful. But some Hispanic American youth have taken it over and caused a lot of headaches for people who just want to use it as a -- bridge!

That other group is still committing its traditional share of mayhem, of course. One of them just beat the blank out of a light rail train passenger.

With all due respect (I am not being sarcastic), how can honest people think that the United States of America has a bright future?

What bridge is this? What city?

You don't mean the international gateway in Long Beach, do you?

1661031479878.png

Moron......these stores getting looted, and often burned down, are in cities that have been under democrat party control for decades if not for 100 years or more....you doofus.

Generational poverty is not a problem for the democrats...it is part of their plan...

In Florida, Georgia and South Carolina?

It's not just California. These flash mobs are looting stores every where.
Not that I condone shoplifting, but it hardly deserves the death penalty. Could you imagine just going into your local 7/11 for a slushy, suddenly a mob comes in and starts looting, the cashier starts spraying the crowd with gunfire and you get shot? Yeah, machine gun, brilliant solution.

Not that I condone shoplifting, but it hardly deserves the death penalty. Could you imagine just going into your local 7/11 for a slushy, suddenly a mob comes in and starts looting, the cashier starts spraying the crowd with gunfire and you get shot? Yeah, machine gun, brilliant solution.

I understand your point. I'd just close the store and move elsewhere. People are fools to ruin their own neighborhoods. This use to happen in Myrtle Beach 20 years ago during black biker week. They started closing their gas stations, convenience stores and other shops during bike week. The NAACP complained.

I understand your point. I'd just close the store and move elsewhere. People are fools to ruin their own neighborhoods. This use to happen in Myrtle Beach 20 years ago during black biker week. They started closing their gas stations, convenience stores and other shops during bike week. The NAACP complained.
Maybe the merchants should’ve sent their insurance bills to the NAACP.

Maybe the merchants should’ve sent their insurance bills to the NAACP.

It was perfectly awful during bike week. Every one stayed home as much as possible. The Harley crowd was the week before. They looked awful, but we're famously courteous. No problems..no litter.

So that makes it ok then?

No, that totally wasn't my point.
My point is that a lot of people are blaming the wrong thing for why things are happening.
It's like calling out the oven repair man to fix the fridge.

Are you going to solve the problem? No.

Sure... it we put the investment into developing minority youth to be productive members of society. That means seriously investing in schools and creating job opportunities.

I think the real problem here is that kids will be kids, but white kids who get into trouble are treated differently than minority kids who get into trouble. Who is more likely to have that youthful indiscretion follow them through their whole life?

Which group would that be? Sherpas?

Oh, noes, really? Maybe we need to stop making Fast and Furious movies.

Steal and die. Works for me.

Forum List

Back