Washington Post: Trump struggles against Desantis in recent polls

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Wow. I thought that Trump was kicking Ron's ass in most recent polls, but it doesn't seem to be the case according to an analysis of the Washington Post:

The head-to-head is as competitive as it has ever been. An Economist/YouGov poll last week showed Trump at 36 percent and DeSantis at 30 percent in a crowded field.

But when you distill the race to two candidates, the verdict is much less favorable for Trump. Another Economist/YouGov poll from two weeks earlier showed DeSantis up 36 percent to 29 percent in that scenario. A Quinnipiac University poll released in late November showed each at 44 percent among Republicans. And a poll from Marquette University law school actually showed DeSantis with a 20-point lead when you include GOP-leaning independents, 60 percent to 40 percent.

Who says DeSantis even wants to run for President, much less would think about primarying the Trumpster?

After all,DeSantis just won reelection to the challenging position of Governor of Florida. If he wanted to go to New Hampshire and Iowa during the 2023 to shake greasy hands and kiss ugly babies, he wouldn't have bothered asking for his current job.

okfine
Who says DeSantis even wants to run for President, much less would think about primarying the Trumpster?

After all,DeSantis just won reelection to the challenging position of Governor of Florida. If he wanted to go to New Hampshire and Iowa during the 2023 to shake greasy hands and kiss ugly babies, he wouldn't have bothered asking for his current job.
the polls ask who voters would prefer if he decides to run. I see you're a little nervous there. I would be nervous if I were Trump, running against America's Governor.

Concern troll is concerned.

I'm sure you got a whole stack of bash DeSantis posts ready for when your TDS turns into DDS.

This is exactly the point.

The people who are the biggest proponents for a DeSantis candidacy, would never support him in a million, fucking years in a General Election.

This is the same shit that came down in 2008 and 2012, when the left was able to convince the GOP to pick "reasonable" candidates

This is exactly the point.

The people who are the biggest proponents for a DeSantis candidacy, would never support him in a million, fucking years in a General Election.

This is the same shit that came down in 2008 and 2012, when the left was able to convince the GOP to pick "reasonable" candidates

Yep. Every Republican is Hitler until they lose, then the next guy is Hitler and the previous Hitler is rehabilitated due to them usually not being in lockstep with the current Hitler.

Trump at the wheel again?

1670346484753.png

Wow. I thought that Trump was kicking Ron's ass in most recent polls, but it doesn't seem to be the case according to an analysis of the Washington Post:
Ron DeSantis does not have the personality to withstand the full onslaught of Donald Trump. He will collapse like a wet paper bag.

If the Republican Party is depending on DeSantis to take down Trump alone, they are badly mistaken.

Ron DeSantis does not have the personality to withstand the full onslaught of Donald Trump. He will collapse like a wet paper bag.

If the Republican Party is depending on DeSantis to take down Trump alone, they are badly mistaken.
All DeSantis has to do is say he loves the Constitution and doesn't want to terminate it. He call also say he doesn't hang out with Nazi holocaust deniers.

Concern troll is concerned.

I'm sure you got a whole stack of bash DeSantis posts ready for when your TDS turns into DDS.
Finally. conservatives begin to admit that Desantis will dethrone Trump. Thanks.

Trump is doing a good enough job of taking down Trump on his own.

Finally. conservatives begin to admit that Desantis will dethrone Trump. Thanks.

There are many people who voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and will vote for Trump if he wins the nomination in 2024, who are supporting DeSantis to be the nominee.

Kind of puts the whole "TDS Cult" bullshit out the window, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back