Washington Post Exposes Valerie Plame.

Hollywood, rewriting history again????
Anyway, I see this movie as a "straight to /DVD/video" movie. America wasn't interested when all the Plame/Cheney/Rove/Libby stuff went down, so they are going to be interested now?

Of course you are dead wrong.

I cannot dispute whether of not you were interested at the time...but it was the topic of every Sunday talk show, constant newspaper editorials, and actually resulted in a man's career ended and him sent to prison.

Now, so many seem content to pretend that we are speaking of a movie, when it was the nadir of left wing politics of personal destruction...The ongoing method that the left has of dealing with political enemies.

I'm dead wrong?
Just because the incident was pushed by MSM doesn't mean America was paying attention like I was. I sure don't recall epic discussions about this around the proverbial water cooler. The Beltway was much more excited then Main Street America.
Now if Rove or Cheney was found to have been involved, then America would have paid more attention. This wasn't a form of Watergate, it was a form of retaliation against a political foe.

Hollywood, rewriting history again????
Anyway, I see this movie as a "straight to /DVD/video" movie. America wasn't interested when all the Plame/Cheney/Rove/Libby stuff went down, so they are going to be interested now?

I cannot dispute whether of not you were interested at the time...but it was the topic of every Sunday talk show, constant newspaper editorials, and actually resulted in a man's career ended and him sent to prison.

Now, so many seem content to pretend that we are speaking of a movie, when it was the nadir of left wing politics of personal destruction...The ongoing method that the left has of dealing with political enemies.

I'm dead wrong?
Just because the incident was pushed by MSM doesn't mean America was paying attention like I was. I sure don't recall epic discussions about this around the proverbial water cooler. The Beltway was much more excited then Main Street America.
Now if Rove or Cheney was found to have been involved, then America would have paid more attention. This wasn't a form of Watergate, it was a form of retaliation against a political foe.

" I sure don't recall ..."

That pretty much sums it up.

We travel in different circles. It was indeed a major top of discussion.

Outrage from the right, glee from the left.

I'm dead wrong?

" I sure don't recall ..."

That pretty much sums it up.

We travel in different circles. It was indeed a major top of discussion.

Outrage from the right, glee from the left.

It paled in comparison to Slick Willie's sex exploits, not finding WMD's paled in comparison to Willie's sex life too.
Now if the Plame story had sex in it, well then it would have been a bigger story. Americans love tabloid type of scandals thanks to being dumbed down so much.

I just caught the last half of this "Fair Game" movie on Show-Time. The political hacks completely left out the fact that it was Richard Armitage who leaked that Valerie Plame-Wilson was a CIA employee. Richard Armitage signed "The Project for the New American Century" letter (PNAC Letter) in 1998 to President Bill Clinton. The letter urged Clinton to target the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime from power in Iraq.

Just when you think you know the neighborhood...the whole landscape changes.
OK, so there's been a huge shift at CNN...at least of the disseminators.
Now...the Washington post pulls the curtain off the Valerie Plame mythology!
Yes...the paper I've always known as the "Washington Com-Post"!!!

And then President Obama spilled the beans on left-wing propaganda, i.e., that low taxes don't build the economy? Thirty years of Democrat talking points, shredded!!

So, you don't think the Tea Party movement is earth-shaking?

Only the lefties on the USMB didn't get the memo.

Check out this from the WaPo editorial:

1. "In fact, "Fair Game," based on books by Mr. Wilson and his wife, is full of distortions - not to mention outright inventions. To start with the most sensational: The movie portrays Ms. Plame as having cultivated a group of Iraqi scientists and arranged for them to leave the country, and it suggests that once her cover was blown, the operation was aborted and the scientists were abandoned. This is simply false. In reality, as The Post's Walter Pincus and Richard Leiby reported, Ms. Plame did not work directly on the program, and it was not shut down because of her identification.

2.The movie portrays Mr. Wilson as a whistle-blower who debunked a Bush administration claim that Iraq had tried to purchase uranium from the African country of Niger. In fact, an investigation by the Senate intelligence committee found that Mr. Wilson's reporting did not affect the intelligence community's view on the matter, and an official British investigation found that President George W. Bush's statement in a State of the Union address that Britain believed that Iraq had sought uranium in Niger was well-founded.

3. "Fair Game" also resells the couple's story that Ms. Plame's exposure was the result of a White House conspiracy. A lengthy and wasteful investigation by a special prosecutor found no such conspiracy - but it did confirm that the prime source of a newspaper column identifying Ms. Plame was a State Department official, not a White House political operative.

4. Hollywood has a habit of making movies about historical events without regard for the truth; "Fair Game" is just one more example.

5. Mr. Wilson claimed that he had proved that Mr. Bush deliberately twisted the truth about Iraq, and he was eagerly embraced by those who insist the former president lied the country into a war. Though it was long ago established that Mr. Wilson himself was not telling the truth - not about his mission to Niger and not about his wife - the myth endures. We'll join the former president in hoping that future historians get it right. "
Hollywood myth-making on Valerie Plame controversy

OMG....Washington Post....I think I'm about to have the vapors.

Why don't you talk about guns.......that's all anyone wants to talk about is guns.

I just caught the last half of this "Fair Game" movie on Show-Time. The political hacks completely left out the fact that it was Richard Armitage who leaked that Valerie Plame-Wilson was a CIA employee. Richard Armitage signed "The Project for the New American Century" letter (PNAC Letter) in 1998 to President Bill Clinton. The letter urged Clinton to target the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime from power in Iraq.

And Ira Libby.....to the gulag....er, prison for the wrong political opinion.

"In its May 22, 2004 edition, the New York Times confirmed a myriad of reports on Saddam's nuclear fuel stockpile - and revealed a chilling detail unknown to weapons inspectors before the war: that Saddam had begun to partially enrich his uranium stash.

The Times noted:

"The repository, at Tuwaitha, a centerpiece of Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons program, . . . . holds more than 500 tons of uranium . . . . Some 1.8 tons is classified as low-enriched uranium."

Thomas B. Cochran, director of the nuclear program at the Natural Resources Defense Council, told the Times that "the low-enriched version could be useful to a nation with nuclear ambitions."

"A country like Iran," Mr. Cochran said, "could convert that into weapons-grade material with a lot fewer centrifuges than would be required with natural uranium."

Saddam's 500-ton Uranium Stockpile

couldn't possibly be because scooter took the fall for rove and cheney, huh?

but thanks for the OPINION piece.

Only in your mind sweetie:eusa_shifty:

You have to be totally clueless to believe that.

Anyone who has studied the details knows that Armitage let it slip...but Joe Wilson himself was all over town with the story first.

1. "Bush said he didn’t know, but there would be an investigation to get to the bottom of it. Powell, who had been told by Armitage just days earlier that Armitage was the leaker, sat there next to the president, stone silent. Not very loyal or honest, was it?"
Colin Powell’s cheap shot - Right Turn - The Washington Post

2. "Joe Wilson's cover has been blown. For the past year, he has claimed to be a truth-teller, a whistleblower, the victim of a vast right-wing conspiracy — and most of the media have lapped it up and cheered him on.

But now Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV — he of the Hermes ties and Jaguar convertibles — has been thoroughly discredited. Last week's bipartisan Senate intelligence committee report.
a. The Senate report says fairly bluntly that Wilson lied to the media. Schmidt notes that the panel found that, "Wilson provided misleading information to the Washington Post last June.
Clifford D. May on Joe Wilson on National Review Online

3. "A month before Bob Novak published Valerie Plame’s name and disclosed that she worked at the CIA in a department that monitored weapons of mass destruction, the gossipy Richard Armitage at the State Department already knew all about her.
When asked how he knew about Plame, Armitage said he knew because Joe Wilson was "calling everybody" and telling them. And by "everybody" Mr. Armitage certainly meant reporters."
When, Why Joe Wilson Outed Valerie Plame | Sweetness & Light

Did you get that?

" Armitage said he knew because Joe Wilson was "calling everybody" and telling them. And by "everybody" Mr. Armitage certainly meant reporters."

Forum List

Back