Washington Post editorial board: Because of Nunes, House Intel. Russia investigation must stop

It really doesn't matter. Nunes should NOT have gone to the President first.

Hey Jackboot.

It really doesn't matter who Nunes talked to first.

Is all you have available a whine about protocol....when the meat is in the allegations...allegations which involve serious felonies....possibly by the Obama Administration or Staff...if true...Watergate type stuff.

Nunes approached obstruction of justice. By giving information to the target of an investigation. AKin to the district attorney telling the mafia the evidence they had against them, before it was even presented to the grand jury.

The only people who supposedly have any proof of Russian interference is the DNC and a private company they hired. Forgive me if I don't take their word at face value. If anything wikileaks proved is the DNC is not above dirty tricks. Why Comey didn't subpoena the DNC servers to forensically inspect them is beyond me.

Actually the NSA has a lot of evidence, but since it's classified top secret, you probably wouldn't understand anything about it. The NSA collects pentabytes of internet traffic every day, and they were the first to notice the russians trying to hack DNC and RNC computers. You can of course pretend this didn't happen, just like Trump did, when he received a classified briefing on russian activities and labeled the intelligence briefing as 'fake news'

Evidently what the NSA "noticed" was a bit too little and too late.

Hey Jackboot.

Is all you have available a whine about protocol....when the meat is in the allegations...allegations which involve serious felonies....possibly by the Obama Administration or Staff...if true...Watergate type stuff.

Nunes approached obstruction of justice. By giving information to the target of an investigation. AKin to the district attorney telling the mafia the evidence they had against them, before it was even presented to the grand jury.

You're a liar, Nunes told Ryan and the public before he talked to Trump, he also made it very clear that the documents had NOTHING to do with the Russia investigation. I know, facts mean nothing when they interfere with regressive conspiracy theories.

Hey Jackboot.

O... OK so you know that Nunes and Trump were talking about classified data pertaining to Trump. Naturally... just like you knew that Loretta Lynch and Billy boy Clinton were talking about grand kids and golf.... Makes perfect sense now, you wise one..you

You're a liar, Nunes told Ryan and the public before he talked to Trump, he also made it very clear that the documents had NOTHING to do with the Russia investigation. I know, facts mean nothing when they interfere with regressive conspiracy theories.

Do you have LINK to Nunes telling the public the contents of those TOP SECRET documents he saw? I must have missed it. But i'm sure he discussed the classified information he had been given with Ryan, and then ran to Trump to let him know the evidence against him.

O... OK so you know that Nunes and Trump were talking about classified data pertaining to Trump.

If the information wasn't classified, Nunes could have tweeted Trump, or e-mailed, him ,or called him on the phone. Why did he personally go to the white house if it wasn't to keep the information secret.

Yeh, ok... does it allow the 16 agencies who handed the 'unmasked' data after the NSA to share it with the media?

Good point, does it allow the president to publically disclose information classified by the CIA?

O... OK so you know that Nunes and Trump were talking about classified data pertaining to Trump.

If the information wasn't classified, Nunes could have tweeted Trump, or e-mailed, him ,or called him on the phone. Why did he personally go to the white house if it wasn't to keep the information secret.
Is it possible that Nunes was going there to meet with Trump & WH counsel? You really think just the two of them went into the oval and had a good old heart to heart on top secret data pertinent to the investigation without counsel in the room? Do you know all the documentation that is involved with an official visit such as that?

Because of David Nunes' "contradictory and clowning" behavior, the Washington Post calls for the House Intelligence Committee investigation to come to an end. The WaPo goes further, asking that Nunes be investigated himself:

We’ve said before that it was doubtful that an investigation headed by Mr. Nunes into Russia’s interference in the election could be adequate or credible. The chairman’s contradictory and clownish grandstanding makes that a certainty. His committee’s investigation should be halted immediately — and Mr. Nunes deserves to be subject to the same leaking probe he demanded for the previous disclosures.

Opinion | Nunes’s grandstanding proves he can’t lead the Russia investigation
ROFL! I love the way the Democrats want the investigation the minute the finger starts pointing in their direction, and they think they are fooling us.

Is it possible that Nunes was going there to meet with Trump & WH counsel?

Anything is possible Nunes could have been going to the white house to have sex wihh Ivanka in the lincoln bedroom. Anything is possible, but stick to what you know, or what is at least highly probable.

Because of David Nunes' "contradictory and clowning" behavior, the Washington Post calls for the House Intelligence Committee investigation to come to an end. The WaPo goes further, asking that Nunes be investigated himself:

We’ve said before that it was doubtful that an investigation headed by Mr. Nunes into Russia’s interference in the election could be adequate or credible. The chairman’s contradictory and clownish grandstanding makes that a certainty. His committee’s investigation should be halted immediately — and Mr. Nunes deserves to be subject to the same leaking probe he demanded for the previous disclosures.

Opinion | Nunes’s grandstanding proves he can’t lead the Russia investigation

Yes, Devin Nunes appears to be blocking this investigation, along with coordinating with the Trump campaign--by releasing information on this investigation to the Trump team. Now he has cancelled public testimony of officials which were scheduled for next week, and wants it done behind closed doors---which is totally off of the charts.

Devin Nunes is nothing more than a Republican partisan hack, and should not be in charge of the House Republican investigation..

"The House Intelligence Committee chairman and the panel's top Democrat publicly disagreed Friday over the handling of their investigation into Russian meddling into the US election, coming after the announcement that President Donald Trump's campaign chairman agreed to testify before the committee.

The committee is also delaying its March 28 hearing, a decision infuriating Democrats on the committee."

"The Chairman just cancelled open Intelligence Committee hearing with (former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper,) (former CIA Director John Brennan) and (former deputy Attorney General Sally Yates) in attempt to choke off public info," Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the committee tweeted a moment before going to speak to the press Friday morning.

Schiff refused to say whether he thought Nunes should step down from his position, telling reporters, "What's really involved here is the cancellation of this open hearing and the rest is designed to distract."

House intel committee: Partisan split over canceled open hearing - CNNPolitics.com

Devin_Nunes,_official_color_photo_portrait.jpg

Devin Nunes represents the 22nd district in California.

It's so fun to watch snowflake douche bags wriggling on the hook. One minute they are screaming for blood. The next, when the truth about their skulduggery is revealed, they want the machine they started to come to a screeching halt.

Too late, douche bags. This machine isn't going to stop until a lot of Obama cronies are in prison, perhaps Obama himself as well.

Last edited:
It's fun watching you regressive freaks trying to spin gold from thin air. If payed attention, nothing Nunez spoke to Trump about had anything to do with the Russian investigation. It dealt with misconduct of the intel agencies that unmasked names and discriminated reports that really had no national security implications.

But hey, don't let little things like facts stand in the way of your get rich quick scheme, after a few thousand years you might just catch a flake of gold.

So the chairman of the intel committee shouldn't tell the man responsible for running the executive branch, which the intel agencies are a part, that people under his direct responsibility might be violating of US law. What freaking planet are you from?

The snowflake theory is that they're not supposed to do their jobs when Democrats are in the cross-hairs.

It's fun watching you regressive freaks trying to spin gold from thin air. If payed attention, nothing Nunez spoke to Trump about had anything to do with the Russian investigation. It dealt with misconduct of the intel agencies that unmasked names and discriminated reports that really had no national security implications.

But hey, don't let little things like facts stand in the way of your get rich quick scheme, after a few thousand years you might just catch a flake of gold.

Yeah, he most certainly should have. Otherwise the Dims would have tried to bury the evidence.

Do you have LINK to Nunes telling the public the contents of those TOP SECRET documents he saw? I must have missed it. But i'm sure he discussed the classified information he had been given with Ryan, and then ran to Trump to let him know the evidence against him.

He didn't discuss contents of top secret documents. He discussed procedures the intel community used in disseminating that information. Here are his comments, my bold.

March 22, 2017

At our open hearing on Monday, I encouraged anyone who has information about relevant topics—including surveillance on President-elect Trump or his transition team—to come forward and speak to the House Intelligence Committee. I also said that, while there was not a physical wiretap of Trump Tower, I was concerned that other surveillance activities were used against President Trump and his associates.

· I recently confirmed that, on numerous occasions, the Intelligence Community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition.

· Details about U.S. persons associated with the incoming administration—details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value—were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting.

· I have confirmed that additional names of Trump transition team members were unmasked.

· To be clear, none of this surveillance was related to Russia or any investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team.

The House Intelligence Committee will thoroughly investigate this surveillance and its subsequent dissemination to determine:

· Who was aware of it

· Why it was not disclosed to Congress

· Who requested and authorized the additional unmasking

· Whether anyone directed the intelligence community to focus on Trump associates; and

· Whether any laws, regulations, or procedures were violated

I’ve asked the Directors of the FBI, NSA, and CIA to expeditiously comply with my March 15 letter, and to provide a full account of these surveillance activities. I informed Speaker Ryan this morning of this new information, and I will be going to the White House this afternoon to share what I know with the President.

Chairman Nunes Comments on Incidental Collection of Trump Associates

Now deal with the facts presented and lose the conspiracy theories.

Too late, douche bags. This machine isn't going to stop until a lot of Obama cronies are in prison, perhaps Obama himself as well.

I heard the same thing in 2008 with Obama going to jail over Tony Rezko. And there was Clinton and whitewater, and Clinton and travelgate, and Clinton and VInce Foster, and Clinton and futures. Excuse me if I heard it before.

Forum List

Back