Was Trump right? Were there Muslims celebrating 9/11 attacks in New Jersey?

This was just one of many accounts from that day, from actual people on the ground:

Trump%20was%20right_zpsgsz5abkq.png
Trump sycophants will lie for their pathological lying master.

So you can't disprove it. Such colorful language, too.

You know better than asking anyone to "disprove" events that happened 14 years ago.

It's up to you guys to prove it, not for us to disprove it.

That's cute. "A number" in this case could be a group large enough to attract the attention of the FBI. Meaning it could be anywhere between 10 to 100.

It hurts to be a liberal, doesn't it?
Actually, the "number" was 5 and the 5 Jersey City celebrants turned out to be Israelis.

Where did you get that tripe from?
It was in all the papers at the time. A woman observed the celebrants happily taking pictures while standing on top of the moving van and reported them to the Jersey City police. She took down the license plate number as the white van left and the police put out an APB for the van. It was found in Fort Lee and the occupants were arrested and the FBI was called in. Their film was developed in the Newark office and indeed showed the Israelis quite happy about the towers on fire. That was what was what was cited by Trump in the WaPo article except it didn't come out that the 5 men were Israelis until the police report and FBI report were partially declassified.

Here is the van they were "tailgating" on:

UrbanMovingSystemsVan.jpg
"It was all in the papers" your say. You can do better than that.
How is that different from Trump saying it was heavily covered on TV?

5 Young Israelis, Caught in Net of Suspicion

As their lawyer tells it, when the five young men were picked up by F.B.I. agents in midday on Sept. 11, they had a box cutter with them. One man carried $4,000 in cash, another had two passports.

In short, there probably were good reasons to be suspicious of the men who became the subjects of widespread news coverage.

What those early news accounts missed, however, was that all five of the men were Israeli Jews, and that if they had box cutters, it was because at least four of them and possibly all five worked for Urban Moving Systems, a household moving company in New York and New Jersey.

What do you think that proves? Is there any proof that these are the people Trump and other witnesses are referring to? This is what you call a "straw man."

You know what the word "alledgedly" means, right? The claims were investigated, and found to be entirely baseless.

Where are you getting the "at least a hundred" part from, anyway? Did you just make that part up?

You know, before you start jumping up and down in apoplectics, notice the structure of my thread.

"Is Trump Right?"

Now, the very first sentence was

"Yes, if this article from WaPo is to be believed."

I'm not making the assertion that he is right or wrong there. I don't do that until later, by citing actual New Jersey residents on twitter who witnessed the spectacle. Are you going to sit there and call them all liars?

The WashPo article didn't say that it actually happened, just that it was alledged. A lot of things were alledges right after September 11th that turned out to be complete bullshit.

You're the one who turned the allegation in the WashPo article into a fact.

And yes, people lie on twitter all the time.

No one in this forum has proved it isn't true. Plenty of eye witnesses say it is true.

It's not up to anyone on this forum to "prove" you and Trump wrong, clown. It's up to you to "prove" that it happened.

No, not really. You and the rest of the forum scum are calling Trump a liar. If you have no proof he lied, than you're guilty of libel.

:lol::lol::lol:

"Libel"?

You can't possibly be that dumb.

This was just one of many accounts from that day, from actual people on the ground:

Trump sycophants will lie for their pathological lying master.

So you can't disprove it. Such colorful language, too.

You know better than asking anyone to "disprove" events that happened 14 years ago.

It's up to you guys to prove it, not for us to disprove it.

Nope. You're the one calling Trump a liar. If he wasn't a political candidate, he could sue you.

You know, before you start jumping up and down in apoplectics, notice the structure of my thread.

"Is Trump Right?"

Now, the very first sentence was

"Yes, if this article from WaPo is to be believed."

I'm not making the assertion that he is right or wrong there. I don't do that until later, by citing actual New Jersey residents on twitter who witnessed the spectacle. Are you going to sit there and call them all liars?

The WashPo article didn't say that it actually happened, just that it was alledged. A lot of things were alledges right after September 11th that turned out to be complete bullshit.

No one in this forum has proved it isn't true. Plenty of eye witnesses say it is true.

It's not up to anyone on this forum to "prove" you and Trump wrong, clown. It's up to you to "prove" that it happened.

No, not really. You and the rest of the forum scum are calling Trump a liar. If you have no proof he lied, than you're guilty of libel.

"Libel"?

Only leftwing dumbshits think truth is dumb.

Actually, the "number" was 5 and the 5 Jersey City celebrants turned out to be Israelis.

It was in all the papers at the time. A woman observed the celebrants happily taking pictures while standing on top of the moving van and reported them to the Jersey City police. She took down the license plate number as the white van left and the police put out an APB for the van. It was found in Fort Lee and the occupants were arrested and the FBI was called in. Their film was developed in the Newark office and indeed showed the Israelis quite happy about the towers on fire. That was what was what was cited by Trump in the WaPo article except it didn't come out that the 5 men were Israelis until the police report and FBI report were partially declassified.

As their lawyer tells it, when the five young men were picked up by F.B.I. agents in midday on Sept. 11, they had a box cutter with them. One man carried $4,000 in cash, another had two passports.

In short, there probably were good reasons to be suspicious of the men who became the subjects of widespread news coverage.

What those early news accounts missed, however, was that all five of the men were Israeli Jews, and that if they had box cutters, it was because at least four of them and possibly all five worked for Urban Moving Systems, a household moving company in New York and New Jersey.

What do you think that proves? Is there any proof that these are the people Trump and other witnesses are referring to? This is what you call a "straw man."
Yes, pathological liar Trump himself referred to a Sept 18, 2001 WaPo article that mentions Jersey City celebrants being detained by the police, and the 5 celebrating Israelis were the ONLY ones detained by the Jersey City police that day.

Twitter didn't exist in 2001, and the date of that tweet says that it happened in the last few days.

You know that I was there on Sept. 11th, right?

I never said it did. The person posting was there on 9/11 too. Of course he didn't live tweet the damned thing. What a ludicrous suggestion, Doc.

Twitter didn't exist in 2001, and the date of that tweet says that it happened in the last few days.

I never said it did. The person posting was there on 9/11 too. Of course he didn't live tweet the damned thing. What a ludicrous suggestion, Doc.

It's not an "account from that day" if it was written 14 years later.

That's cute. "A number" in this case could be a group large enough to attract the attention of the FBI. Meaning it could be anywhere between 10 to 100.

It hurts to be a liberal, doesn't it?

This had nothing to do with the witnesses saying the celebrants were ON THE ROOFTOPS, NOT ON TOP OF MOVING TRUCKS.

Move along.

Info Wars is something I never cite, but for some ill educated persons on this thread, like yourself, I'll cite it just for you:

I Live In Jersey And Trump Is Right: Muslims DID Celebrate On 9/11 In NJ . . . We Saw It!

You mean you never cite InfoWars, except when its the only place you can find confirmation for your preconceived bias.

No. It cites eyewitness accounts. Yeah, nice genetic argument there.

Anonymous "eyewitnesses" making claims on twitter. Because we know that no one ever lies on the internet, right?

And Alex Jones fans have such a good track record for being right, too.

When you told me

"You know, I was there on Sept 11th, right"

You are providing me with the fact you were there... 14 years ago. So, am I to dismiss the claim purely because it was written 14 years after the fact? Preposterous.

"Libel"?

Only butthurt, whiny right-wingers think you can sue someone for calling you a liar anonymously on the internet.

When you told me

"You know, I was there on Sept 11th, right"

You are providing me with the fact you were there... 14 years ago. So, am I to dismiss the claim purely because it was written 14 years after the fact? Preposterous.

No, you should dismiss the claims because there's no actual evidence to back them up.

If I tweeted that I saw Donald Trump shapeshift into a lizard alien 20 years ago, would you believe it?

Info Wars is something I never cite, but for some ill educated persons on this thread, like yourself, I'll cite it just for you:

I Live In Jersey And Trump Is Right: Muslims DID Celebrate On 9/11 In NJ . . . We Saw It!

You mean you never cite InfoWars, except when its the only place you can find confirmation for your preconceived bias.

Anonymous "eyewitnesses" making claims on twitter. Because we know that no one ever lies on the internet, right?

You know, I've been commenting here since 2013. How many times have you seen me cite Infowars? I don't like Alex Jones, nor the drivel he posts. It makes me cringe into a pretzel. But these aren't anonymous eyewitnesses. If you could get past the gag reflex, you see some of the tweets have real live people's names on them, not some made up moniker.

Last edited:

You know, I've been commenting here since 2013. How many times have you seen me cite Infowars? I don't like Alex Jones, nor the drivel he posts. It makes me cringe into a pretzel. But these aren't anonymous eyewitnesses. If you could get past the gag reflex, you see some of the tweet have real live people's names on them, not some made up moniker.

You say that you don't like Alex Jones, yet you're using his website to prove your point. Which, to me, means that you couldn't find any other source to back it up - which should be a red flag.

There have been thousands of "eyewitnesses" who claim to have been abducted by aliens and anally probed. I'm sure Alex Jones has had them on his show, too.

Do you believe them?

This had nothing to do with the witnesses saying the celebrants were ON THE ROOFTOPS, NOT ON TOP OF MOVING TRUCKS.

Move along.
The witness saw them on the roof of the "moving" van while it was PARKED below her window. :asshole:
It was a moving van in that it was used to move peoples' household items, not that the van was in motion. :cuckoo:
CON$ are the stupidest people on Earth, no wonder Trump feels so confident lying to them!!!

Last edited:

"Libel"?

Only butthurt, whiny right-wingers think you can sue someone for calling you a liar anonymously on the internet.
Then why do members of this forum get banned for making false statements about other members?

Forum List

Back