Was This Man Wrongfully Convicted???

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"An Ohio grand jury found a 65-year-old Dayton man guilty of murder in the shooting deaths of two teens last week, Dayton Daily News reported. The Montgomery County Common Pleas Court jury convicted 65-year-old Victor Santana of four counts of murder, four counts of felonious assault and one count of attempt to commit murder.

On the night of Aug. 28, 2019, Harrison, Henderson and Gibson, who was 19 at the time, snuck into a detached garage behind Santana’s home to smoke marijuana in a car they thought was abandoned. Gibson said Santana opened the door to the vehicle in the dark and fired without warning. “He didn’t say nothing at all,” he testified. Gibson hid under the car and escaped after Santana left the scene."

Sounds to me that this guy got a raw deal....Anytime someone is on your property without permission; you should have every right to kill them where they stand.....Unfortunately, the Stand Your Ground law in his state was enacted after this shooting and didn't apply to this case...Hopefully he can win this on appeal....I had a couple of kids sneak onto my property to hang out and drink and smoke weed...since the back of my property is adjacent to the community lake; kids try to hang out there...I told them to leave; but thinking back, I could have easily just shot them...luckily, they were not armed...and ran off.....

Yea, you may have some who will say "oh, they were kids and kids make mistakes" -- but in my opinion, kids stop being kids when they commit crimes like this....if you as a parent allow your kids to sneak onto other people's property, allow them to drink and do drugs -- you should be charged with some type of crime -- that parent should be held accountable....This type of stuff didn't happen in the past...kids didn't just disrespect the law and disobey their parents and authority like this.....these 2 boys had to learn that lesson with their life -- hopefully other kids will take heed and make better choices...

He could have easily just called the cops and let them shoot at teenagers smoking pot instead.

You can't just unexpectedly open fire on trespassers. The response has to match the threat.

I wouldn't have convicted the man. But I wouldn't give him a medal either.

The teens thought a car in a garage was "abandoned?" Give me a break. How did they get four counts of murder from two deaths? It sounds like the prosecutors piled on the charges trying to force a plea, but the jury wanted to give maximum punishment. When I was a teenager, we would screw around late at night. But we knew not to approach people's houses because it was Texas and we'd get shot.

I suppose the progressives will say that the sixty-five year old should have fist fought the yutes, Queensbury rules. like they said Rittenhouse should have.

But calling the police would have been the better option, no doubt in my mind.

A Grand Jury doesn't CONVICT anybody. All they can do is recommend an indictment.

As a general proposition, you cannot use deadly force to protect your PROPERTY. If he were personally threatened, or had reasonable belief that he was personally threatened, then maybe he could use lethal force. But to protect an old broken down car...I don't think so.

A Grand Jury doesn't CONVICT anybody. All they can do is recommend an indictment.

As a general proposition, you cannot use deadly force to protect your PROPERTY. If he were personally threatened, or had reasonable belief that he was personally threatened, then maybe he could use lethal force. But to protect an old broken down car...I don't think so.
This dude probably saw what he thought was his opportunity to sate his bloodlust on some worthless punks.

Anomalism
Nope. On this one I would have told them to get the hell out while holding the leash of my 85 pound German Shepherd. Believe me they would have left. No need to shoot those kids.

Some people get really pissed if you smoke in their car. ;)

"An Ohio grand jury found a 65-year-old Dayton man guilty of murder in the shooting deaths of two teens last week, Dayton Daily News reported. The Montgomery County Common Pleas Court jury convicted 65-year-old Victor Santana of four counts of murder, four counts of felonious assault and one count of attempt to commit murder.

On the night of Aug. 28, 2019, Harrison, Henderson and Gibson, who was 19 at the time, snuck into a detached garage behind Santana’s home to smoke marijuana in a car they thought was abandoned. Gibson said Santana opened the door to the vehicle in the dark and fired without warning. “He didn’t say nothing at all,” he testified. Gibson hid under the car and escaped after Santana left the scene."

Sounds to me that this guy got a raw deal....Anytime someone is on your property without permission; you should have every right to kill them where they stand.....Unfortunately, the Stand Your Ground law in his state was enacted after this shooting and didn't apply to this case...Hopefully he can win this on appeal....I had a couple of kids sneak onto my property to hang out and drink and smoke weed...since the back of my property is adjacent to the community lake; kids try to hang out there...I told them to leave; but thinking back, I could have easily just shot them...luckily, they were not armed...and ran off.....

Yea, you may have some who will say "oh, they were kids and kids make mistakes" -- but in my opinion, kids stop being kids when they commit crimes like this....if you as a parent allow your kids to sneak onto other people's property, allow them to drink and do drugs -- you should be charged with some type of crime -- that parent should be held accountable....This type of stuff didn't happen in the past...kids didn't just disrespect the law and disobey their parents and authority like this.....these 2 boys had to learn that lesson with their life -- hopefully other kids will take heed and make better choices...

1) you don’t have a right to shoot anyone that steps foot on your property
2) Stand Your Ground laws have nothing to do with the allegations were in this case

Why lie? or are you just that grossly uninformed?

well the answer is in the text . they were black you are not allowed to do or say anything to black folks if you do your a racist .. had they been white he would be a free man .

It's a Common Pleas court...so in this case, I guess the grand jury did convict....

Or else, why is he scheduled to be sentenced later??

"Victor Santana, 65, of Dayton will be sentenced later this month after being convicted of murder and felonious assault on Thursday."

1) you don’t have a right to shoot anyone that steps foot on your property
2) Stand Your Ground laws have nothing to do with the allegations were in this case

Why lie? or are you just that grossly uninformed?
If someone steps on my property and I feel threatened...I do have the right to shoot them dead...

Especially 3 savage thugs who are high on drugs...

Forum List

Back