Was the Libertarian platform framed by the likes of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo?

I was against the legalization of drugs for most of my life. Then, about 20 years ago, I changed my mind about marijuana.

Recently, I have come to the conclusion it would make a lot more sense to legalize all drugs than continue to fight a losing "War On Drugs". Alcohol prohibition didn't work and gave rise to gangsters and the Mob. Drug prohibition has given rise to sadistic narco-terrorists and cartels. Many thousands of innocents are dying.

It's time to wise up.

And for the record, I neither drink nor drug.

How do you perceive the “war on drugs” differently than the war on rape, the war on drunk driving...etc etc.
Is the imposition of law always a “war on ______”?

Drunk driving and rape have victims

Hahaha...you’re not one of those are you?
“Drug use is a victimless crime.”
What percentage of crime is committed by those under the influence of drugs or by drug users?
What percentage of those on the taxpayer tit are under the influence or users?
How many murders / shootings / violent crime take place over the buying and or selling of drugs?
How many families are ruined by drug use and abuse?

Come on man...use your mellon.

Gotcha, so you you want to outlaw cars because some people hit and run.

You want to ban guns because some people commit murders.

Great argument. Yeah, we need a kind parental government that takes things away from us that we could abuse. All hail government

Well, that’s definitely the position an irrational, unreasonable mind will take by default....Us sane folks use the ‘greater good’ approach when critical thinking is required....haha...Ya see, autos and guns serve a ‘greater good’ for Americans....Show us the upside, the greater good with drug use?
Try harder bud, I’ll be standing by waiting patiently.

What business is it of yours if someone is smoking a doobie in their living room?

And yeah, you mentioned how you want government to make your decisions for you like any Democrat would. They can do it better, sure they can

None...It’s also none of my business when a 60 year old man is pounding a 16 year old teen on his couch in Connecticut where that’s legal.
What’s your point?
Good people have a tendency to stand against bad things...Weird huh?

Still don't grasp the difference between a victim and no victim, huh? Explains your D average in grade school, doesn't it? What grade did you drop out?

I was against the legalization of drugs for most of my life. Then, about 20 years ago, I changed my mind about marijuana.

Recently, I have come to the conclusion it would make a lot more sense to legalize all drugs than continue to fight a losing "War On Drugs". Alcohol prohibition didn't work and gave rise to gangsters and the Mob. Drug prohibition has given rise to sadistic narco-terrorists and cartels. Many thousands of innocents are dying.

It's time to wise up.

How do you perceive the “war on drugs” differently than the war on rape, the war on drunk driving...etc etc.
Anytime there's a "war on _____" it ends up being a war on my liberty.

Fuck ANY war on ____ right in the fucking ass.

It's time to wise up.

What percentage of crime is committed by those under the influence of drugs or by drug users?
How many murders / shootings / violent crime take place over the buying and or selling of drugs?

Great argument. Yeah, we need a kind parental government that takes things away from us that we could abuse. All hail government

Well, that’s definitely the position an irrational, unreasonable mind will take by default....Us sane folks use the ‘greater good’ approach when critical thinking is required....haha...Ya see, autos and guns serve a ‘greater good’ for Americans....Show us the upside, the greater good with drug use?

What business is it of yours if someone is smoking a doobie in their living room?

And yeah, you mentioned how you want government to make your decisions for you like any Democrat would. They can do it better, sure they can

None...It’s also none of my business when a 60 year old man is pounding a 16 year old teen on his couch in Connecticut where that’s legal.
What’s your point?

Still don't grasp the difference between a victim and no victim, huh? Explains your D average in grade school, doesn't it? What grade did you drop out?

We already covered that ignorance...remember?

“Hahaha...you’re not one of those are you?

Come on man...use your mellon.”

It's time to wise up.

Any imposition of law impedes liberty. It’s unfortunate that we live among filth, it’s unfortunate that so many laws must be levied upon the citizenry in order to sustain a productive, first world society. All laws are a “war on______”

It's time to wise up.

What’s your point?

We already covered that ignorance...remember?

“Hahaha...you’re not one of those are you?

Come on man...use your mellon.”

Yes, we did cover your naivete. You said you want to outlaw cars because some people do hit and runs. You want to outlaw guns because some people commit murder. You want to ban swimming pools because some people drown.

You have this totally bizarre idea completely unfounded in reality that government can make our choices for us better than we can. You already said that. You TRUST government to make choices over your body. It's some truly funky shit.

I say people are responsible for their actions. If they commit a crime, put them in jail. You say loving, kind government needs to care for us and make sure we don't make mistakes. Awwwww, government loves you. Sure they do. Feel behind your ears. It's actually still wet, isn't it?

Do you ever call government employees just to chat and tell them thank you for how they care so much for you?

Maybe Cheech & Chong?
While there is much within the platform that I like, I think they lose core Americans with their hippy stoner tone.....‘far out man’, ‘sex drugs & rock N roll’, ‘live and let live’...that ship sailed long ago with the introduction of WELFARE and 20-40 million illegal parasites.
If they could polish and tighten up their offering I can see the Party growing it’s base...for now, they appear lost in a Little House On The Prairie / Bonanza episode.
Don’t throw away your vote to this party...this election is just too important.

What you should prepare yourself for is when progressives, (l)ibertarians, Libertarians, Greens, and others take over the terms of controversy. You have no control over it.

It's high time you wingers were put out to pasture. The debates are laughable. It's like Romper Room. You're the problem. And the debates are so shallow and irrelevant because your brood refuses to accept responsibility for the damage they've done to our Republic. You'd rather point a government gun at the electorate in order to defend your political office rather than utter so much as even a whisper of anything of the disasterous policies you've eneacted.

Do you know why there's only a red helmet and a blue helmet on the debate stage? It's pretty simple. They're common cowards. They're scared to death that they're gonna have to talk about the very problems they've created in any elevated way beyond the depth of a mud puddle. They're not even intellectually capable. They're like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football, it's absolutely pathetic.

There's no difference between your standard red or blue winger at that level of politics. It's why they're popularly known as the duopoly. The party of one. Two sides of the same coin.

There is, however, a difference between the others. And it's the only way there will ever be meaningful policy discussion/debate.

Make no mistake, your days are numbered, winger. You can laugh. But it's true. When we really get busy, you simply cannot compete. People who are content to be led will never compete with leaders when the roadbacks are kicked outta the way. They're two of the most successful grassroots in political history. Record setters. Do you remember the time that your brood kept us off the convention floor, changed the rules and stole our delegates in the name of Republican ''unity'' even though we'd already won the right? Well, we put over 10,000 people in the Target center just down the road from the Republican National Convention on a moment's notice and the champion of the Constitution spoke. That's the kind of people you're dealing with, winger. You have no idea, my friend. None whatsoever.

There's a much, much bigger game at play here than your vote for either side of the party of one. While you're worried about trying to hurry up and get elected, the course of history is being changed right under your nose. In broad daylight, no less. In the mean time, have your fun. We'll continue to keep our heads down and move along quietly. In time....

Last edited:
Yes, we did cover your naivete. You said you want to outlaw cars because some people do hit and runs. You want to outlaw guns because some people commit murder. You want to ban swimming pools because some people drown.

We already covered guns and autos as well. Should I copy and paste the whole thread for you?

“Well, that’s definitely the position an irrational, unreasonable mind will take by default....Us sane folks use the ‘greater good’ approach when critical thinking is required....haha...Ya see, autos and guns serve a ‘greater good’ for Americans....Show us the upside, the greater good with drug use?
Try harder bud, I’ll be standing by waiting patiently.”

Maybe Cheech & Chong?
While there is much within the platform that I like, I think they lose core Americans with their hippy stoner tone.....‘far out man’, ‘sex drugs & rock N roll’, ‘live and let live’...that ship sailed long ago with the introduction of WELFARE and 20-40 million illegal parasites.
If they could polish and tighten up their offering I can see the Party growing it’s base...for now, they appear lost in a Little House On The Prairie / Bonanza episode.
Don’t throw away your vote to this party...this election is just too important.

What you should prepare yourself for is when progressives, (l)ibertarians, Libertarians, Greens, and others take over the terms of controversy. You have no control over it.

It's high time you wingers were put out to pasture. The debates are laughable. It's like Romper Room. You're the problem. And the debates are so shallow and irrelevant because your brood refuses to accept responsibility for the damage they've done to our Republic. You'd rather point a government gun at the electorate in order to defend your political office rather than utter so much as even a whisper of anything of the disasterous policies you've eneacted.

Do you know why there's only a red helmet and a blue helmet on the debate stage? It's pretty simple. They're common cowards. They're scared to death that they're gonna have to talk about the very problems they've created in any elevated way beyond the depth of a mud puddle. They're not even intellectually capable. They're like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football, it's absolutely pathetic.

There's no difference between your standard red or blue winger at that level of politics. It's why they're popularly known as the duopoly. The party of one. Two sides of the same coin.

There is, however, a difference between the others. And it's the only way there will ever be meaningful policy discussion/debate.

Make no mistake, your days are numbered, winger. You can laugh. But it's true. When we really get busy, you simply cannot compete. People who are content to be led will never compete with leaders when the roadbacks are kicked outta the way. They're two of the most successful grassroots in political history. Record setters. Do you remember the time that your brood kept us off the convention floor, changed the rules and stole our delegates in the name of Republican ''unity'' even though we'd already won the right? Well, we put over 10,000 people in the Target center just down the road from the Republican National Convention on a moment's notice and the champion of the Constitution spoke. That's the kind of people you're dealing with, winger. You have no idea, my friend. None whatsoever.

There's a much, much bigger game at play here than your vote for either side of the party of one. While you're worried about trying to hurry up and get elected, the course of history is being changed right under your nose. In broad daylight, no less. In the mean time, have your fun. We'll continue to keep our heads down and move along quietly. In time....

Amazing read, thanks for the novel.
I really hope you’re right about much of what you proclaim...Now would definitely be the time for a viable third party to emerge as Trump has cracked D.C. wide open and paved the way.
Look, I probably hate the duopoly as much as you do but I’m wise enough to know they happen to be the only parties with a chance at winning a national election.
The Lib-Tarian Party has to revise their platform...as cool as the novelty aspect is, the “far out man” hippy stoner shit doesn’t work in these times...They aren’t trying to govern over Mayberry in the 1920’s....they have to pretend to know that our country is packed with 340 million people with at least 100 million being complete pieces of shit. Unfortunately, and as shitty as it sounds, good people must be protected and insulated from the filth by applying sensible governance and legislation.
Clearly, the Lib platform was framed under the presumption that America is comprised of a moral, ambitious, productive, law abiding, likeminded citizenry. They couldn’t be more wrong.

It's time to wise up.

Any imposition of law impedes liberty. It’s unfortunate that we live among filth, it’s unfortunate that so many laws must be levied upon the citizenry in order to sustain a productive, first world society. All laws are a “war on______”
That is a backward way of thinking. You seem closer to the commies in ideology than REAL Americans.

The purpose of government is to protect liberty, not stamp it out.

That is a backward way of thinking. You seem closer to the commies in ideology than REAL Americans.

His thoughts about parts of the Libertarian Party platform itself are valid, though. I'd add that libertine is not libertarian. That's another discussion, though. Which he did touch on that in a round about way.

But for all of their faults, they're still gonna bring a deeper discussion to any debate stage with regard to critical policy. And that's where the work lies moving forward. And they're only one faction in a much broader field moving forward. It do take a village. Heh heh.

It's not fruitful to debate establishment parties, though. They're on the same team, ultimately. I'd rather see a Bernie Sanders type debating a Ron Paul type any day over a Bush type debating a Clinton type. It's the only way we're ever going to have meaningful dialogue. The duopoly is effectively split roasting the voter.

Last edited:

It's time to wise up.

“The purpose of government is to protect liberty, not stamp it out.”
You’re trying too hard bud.
Isn’t the purpose of law to PROTECT the liberty of the good, the moral, the productive, the positive contributing, the law abiding, the vulnerable from the pieces of shit among us?

We already covered guns and autos as well. Should I copy and paste the whole thread for you?

“Well, that’s definitely the position an irrational, unreasonable mind will take by default....Us sane folks use the ‘greater good’ approach when critical thinking is required....haha...Ya see, autos and guns serve a ‘greater good’ for Americans....Show us the upside, the greater good with drug use?
Try harder bud, I’ll be standing by waiting patiently.”

You said you want to ban drugs because some people commit crimes on drugs. You're doing it for our own good. We can't be trusted to decide whether to smoke a doobie in our own home or not, so your kind, loving government should take care of us and make the choice for us because they make decisions over your life better than you do.

Well, some people shoot people with guns. So according to your logic, your kind, benevolent government that you trust over yourself to make your choices should take guns from us as well. We can't be trusted to decide what we put in our bodies, we certainly can't have guns were we could shoot someone.

You can't have it both ways. You want government to decide what we can and can't have because, damn it, you trust Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schummer to decide for you. You can't turn around and say well, they can decide this but not that then.

I'm consistent. Government stays out of it until there is a victim.

I realize the truth that government can't be trusted to make our individual choices for us.

You believe the lie that they can

Lots of talk of Libertarianism….
Does anyone here honestly believe that Libertarians can compete in American politics?
Hasn’t the change in American demography alone ran the LibTarian off?

Forum List

Back