Was the Libertarian platform framed by the likes of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Maybe Cheech & Chong?
While there is much within the platform that I like, I think they lose core Americans with their hippy stoner tone.....‘far out man’, ‘sex drugs & rock N roll’, ‘live and let live’...that ship sailed long ago with the introduction of WELFARE and 20-40 million illegal parasites.
If they could polish and tighten up their offering I can see the Party growing it’s base...for now, they appear lost in a Little House On The Prairie / Bonanza episode.
Don’t throw away your vote to this party...this election is just too important.

I was against the legalization of drugs for most of my life. Then, about 20 years ago, I changed my mind about marijuana.

Recently, I have come to the conclusion it would make a lot more sense to legalize all drugs than continue to fight a losing "War On Drugs". Alcohol prohibition didn't work and gave rise to gangsters and the Mob. Drug prohibition has given rise to sadistic narco-terrorists and cartels. Many thousands of innocents are dying.

It's time to wise up.

And for the record, I neither drink nor drug.

Last edited:
I have a wide libertarian streak. Small l.

While I agree with some of the Libertarian platform, I disagree with much of it. I don't think Libertarians have any clue about human nature. For example, the elimination of "all the alphabet agencies". The idea that the "invisible hand" will cause corporations to "self regulate" is risible and completely ignorant of history.

I believe in less regulation, not no regulation. I believe in smart regulation. I believe government as it stands now has way, way, way too much power.

I was against the legalization of drugs for most of my life. Then, about 20 years ago, I changed my mind about marijuana.

Recently, I have come to the conclusion it would make a lot more sense to legalize all drugs than continue to fight a losing "War On Drugs". Alcohol prohibition didn't work and gave rise to gangsters and the Mob. Drug prohibition has given rise to sadistic narco-terrorists and cartels. Many thousands of innocents are dying.

It's time to wise up.

How do you perceive the “war on drugs” differently than the war on rape, the war on drunk driving...etc etc.
Is the imposition of law always a “war on ______”?

It's time to wise up.

How do you perceive the “war on drugs” differently than the war on rape, the war on drunk driving...etc etc.

Drunk driving and rape have victims

It's time to wise up.

Hahaha...you’re not one of those are you?
“Drug use is a victimless crime.”
What percentage of crime is committed by those under the influence of drugs or by drug users?
What percentage of those on the taxpayer tit are under the influence or users?
How many murders / shootings / violent crime take place over the buying and or selling of drugs?
How many families are ruined by drug use and abuse?

Come on man...use your mellon.

It's time to wise up.

What percentage of crime is committed by those under the influence of drugs or by drug users?
How many murders / shootings / violent crime take place over the buying and or selling of drugs?

Gotcha, so you you want to outlaw cars because some people hit and run.

You want to ban guns because some people commit murders.

Great argument. Yeah, we need a kind parental government that takes things away from us that we could abuse. All hail government

It's time to wise up.

Great argument. Yeah, we need a kind parental government that takes things away from us that we could abuse. All hail government

Well, that’s definitely the position an irrational, unreasonable mind will take by default....Us sane folks use the ‘greater good’ approach when critical thinking is required....haha...Ya see, autos and guns serve a ‘greater good’ for Americans....Show us the upside, the greater good with drug use?
Try harder bud, I’ll be standing by waiting patiently.

It's time to wise up.

Are there rape cartels?

Maybe Cheech & Chong?
While there is much within the platform that I like, I think they lose core Americans with their hippy stoner tone.....‘far out man’, ‘sex drugs & rock N roll’, ‘live and let live’...that ship sailed long ago with the introduction of WELFARE and 20-40 million illegal parasites.
If they could polish and tighten up their offering I can see the Party growing it’s base...for now, they appear lost in a Little House On The Prairie / Bonanza episode.
Don’t throw away your vote to this party...this election is just too important.

They're believers in markets

If the market wants weed and illegal immigrants, then that's what the market gets

Ron Paul is not a real libertarian, he just wants to take us back to pre reconstruction america so he can have his own little theocracy in east texas

It's time to wise up.

Are there rape cartels?
Why sure there is.
Are there more rapists than there are drug cartel members?

It's time to wise up.

Are there rape cartels?

Your fucked and twisted ideology has proven to be a failure...All our filthy pieces of shit in government did was stop Mexican drug cartels from needing to move drugs across the border...Now we have the pleasure of living nextdoor to drug cartel opened and operated grow houses...it’s super cool...nobody saw this coming...haha

It's time to wise up.

Well, that’s definitely the position an irrational, unreasonable mind will take by default....Us sane folks use the ‘greater good’ approach when critical thinking is required....haha...Ya see, autos and guns serve a ‘greater good’ for Americans....Show us the upside, the greater good with drug use?

What business is it of yours if someone is smoking a doobie in their living room?

And yeah, you mentioned how you want government to make your decisions for you like any Democrat would. They can do it better, sure they can

It's time to wise up.

I like Austin Petersen's ideal:

"Gay couple defends pot farm with machine guns."

:dance:

It's time to wise up.

What business is it of yours if someone is smoking a doobie in their living room?

And yeah, you mentioned how you want government to make your decisions for you like any Democrat would. They can do it better, sure they can

None...It’s also none of my business when a 60 year old man is pounding a 16 year old teen on his couch in Connecticut where that’s legal.
What’s your point?
Good people have a tendency to stand against bad things...Weird huh?

It's time to wise up.

If you are drinking in your home you pose no threat to anyone but you. Your body. Your choice. If you choose to eat cheeseburgers three times a day that is your choice. Your body your choice. If it clogs your arteries and you die from a heart attack at thirty you have nobody but yourself to blame. If you smoke pot and do drugs and die it is your fault.

The summation of the Libertarian Party is simple. As long as you harm none. Do what you will. Coupled with. On your own head be it.

Want to buy a 105 MM Howitzer? More power to you. Use that 105 to kill a neighbor? Off with your head.

As far as fighting the war on drugs. If you think that effort is doing anything but pissing good money after bad you are nuts.

It's time to wise up.

If you are drinking in your home you pose no threat to anyone but you. Your body. Your choice. If you choose to eat cheeseburgers three times a day that is your choice. Your body your choice. If it clogs your arteries and you die from a heart attack at thirty you have nobody but yourself to blame. If you smoke pot and do drugs and die it is your fault.

The summation of the Libertarian Party is simple. As long as you harm none. Do what you will. Coupled with. On your own head be it.

Want to buy a 105 MM Howitzer? More power to you. Use that 105 to kill a neighbor? Off with your head.

As far as fighting the war on drugs. If you think that effort is doing anything but pissing good money after bad you are nuts.

Stop your Father Government from FORCING me to invest in filthy human beings and I can easily agree with much of what you said.
Unfortunately, I’m forced to buy that booze, that weed, those cheeseburgers....then Im forced to pay for the healthcare, hospitalization and burial of the filthy fuck you describe....Again, take me and my wallet out of play and PLEASE kill yourself.

Forum List

Back