Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history?

Slavery has not ended in the US.

I am a slave to this fucking oppressive welfare state government. I work hard, make money and the fucking oppressive government takes that money and gives it to welfare queens and Illegals. The very definition of slavery.

The banks own my house, the banks own my car, the banks own me!

Yes, I would say that America is far too slow to free me!

I owe, I owe...it's off to work I go...
thats your fault,,,,

You have no sense of humor do you?

Sure, it's my fault! I wasn't born wealthy.

Since the vast majority of Americans have huge debt to the banks, sound like it's more the fault of the economic system, not of individuals.

But I guess you believe that the vast majority of Americans are unproductive and lazy, right? That's why we have such a low GDP, right?
It is strictly the fault of individuals

No one made you or anyone else go into debt.

Once again. Pure Bullshit!

Unless your born into a very wealthy family the only alternative to massive debt is absolute poverty.

But reality never phased you, did it?
Bullshit. I wasn't born into a wealthy family and I never got caught up in massive debt or lived in poverty.

And nobody forced you to take out an auto loan to try to keep up with the Jones'.

So you never took out any student loans, mortgages or car loans?

No credit cards?

I am a slave to this fucking oppressive welfare state government. I work hard, make money and the fucking oppressive government takes that money and gives it to welfare queens and Illegals. The very definition of slavery.
Flash, this too is victim-hood and not very realistic. There is a lot a nation cannot have unless everybody chips in according to their means. And each and every one of us has a complaint about how our money is being spent. Only the kingdom of heaven runs on righteousness. Kingdoms on Earth run on taxes, spending too much on all the wrong things, according to a majority of their citizenry.

To some extent, yes that's true. If only the private sector would provide 100% employment at decent wages we would not need these government assistance programs.

But why don't you object to the slavery of debt?

Flash, this too is victim-hood and not very realistic. There is a lot a nation cannot have unless everybody chips in according to their means. And each and every one of us has a complaint about how our money is being spent. Only the kingdom of heaven runs on righteousness. Kingdoms on Earth run on taxes, spending too much on all the wrong things, according to a majority of their citizenry.

Democracy can be just as oppressive as any other form of government.

Slavery is when somebody makes you "chip in".

If you believe in the Bible then you know that it clearly says that charity comes from the heart, church and family. Nothing about a bloated debt ridden high taxation welfare state government being in the business of redistribution of income to appease a minority voting block.

To some extent, yes that's true. If only the private sector would provide 100% employment at decent wages we would not need these government assistance programs.

Any debt that I have personally accrued has been my own doing and I take full responsibility.

However, the filthy ass government has put myself, my children and grandchildren in debt in order to provide a bloated welfare state and that is the same as slavery. We all have to work so that other people get the fruits of our labor. That is slavery.

well that makes me want to ask you what party do you vote for??

wouldnt want you voting for the same people that oppress you

not all debt is slavery

well that makes me want to ask you what party do you vote for??

wouldnt want you voting for the same people that oppress you

I usually vote Libertarian. They are the only ones that really understands fiscal responsibility and the concept of personal liberty.

Any debt that I have personally accrued has been my own doing and I take full responsibility.

However, the filthy ass government has put myself, my children and grandchildren in debt in order to provide a bloated welfare state and that is the same as slavery. We all have to work so that other people get the fruits of our labor. That is slavery.

You take full responsibility? Like you have a choice!

First, we don't have a bloated welfare state. All government assistance programs combined make up only a tiny percentage of the federal budget.

Most of what's called 'entitlements' are payments to people who are genuinely entitled to the money. Like retired federal workers. They've EARNED their pensions.

Maybe you should be complaining about the EXTREMELY BLOATED MILITARY BUDGET!

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history? Does the evil of slavery taint our county more or less than others?
Well seeing how most black neighborhoods are new age slave plantations I think they enjoy it.

First, we don't have a bloated welfare state. All government assistance programs combined make up only a tiny percentage of the federal budget.

Most of what's called 'entitlements' are payments to people who are genuinely entitled to the money. Like retired federal workers. They've EARNED their pensions.

wow richard,,,you sound like a full blown communist with that comment

he does have a choice,,he can just pay off the debt

and the only thing fed workers deserve is a kick in the ass on the way out the door

and all gov assistance programs are in violation of the law and need stopped along with about a dozen agencies

and that militay is what is created the society that allows you to say such dumb shit out loud,,

so dont knock them until you been them

Democracy can be just as oppressive as any other form of government.

Slavery is when somebody makes you "chip in".

If you believe in the Bible then you know that it clearly says that charity comes from the heart, church and family. Nothing about a bloated debt ridden high taxation welfare state government being in the business of redistribution of income to appease a minority voting block.
Flash, my belief in the Bible is not so literal as many, but I do know there was a required tithe to the Priesthood, which was the one and only government of the land. Charity is what I give above and beyond taxes, such as Wounded Warriors, PVA and HHV. As for welfare, it brings different pictures to our minds evidently...yours and mine that is. I understand the welfare you see as a bunch of worthless parasites...and some of them really are...and of varying colors. But I also see the greater welfare of multi-million dollar corporations who do not pay taxes, just as I see the people who can most afford SS deductions meeting a limit of those deductions..in March, thereafter free of the pesky tax until another year. I never made that elite group either.

and the only thing fed workers deserve is a kick in the ass on the way out the door

and all gov assistance programs are in violation of the law and need stopped along with about a dozen agencies

and that militay is what is created the society that allows you to say such dumb shit out loud,,

You don't know the meaning of the word 'Communist'. But thanks for trying to play the red card anyway!

Government assistance programs have been challenged in the courts repeatedly. They have continually found that they are NOT in violation of the Constitution or any law. So, you are dead wrong.

And don't give me this BULLSHIT about my freedoms only existing because of the U.S. military.

The United States has not faced a serious threat of invasion since 1814. So please enough with that bunk!

The primary role of the U.S. military has been to force American domination and colonialism on the rest of the world.

You don't know the meaning of the word 'Communist'. But thanks for trying to play the red card anyway!

Government assistance programs have been challenged in the courts repeatedly. They have continually found that they are NOT in violation of the Constitution or any law. So, you are dead wrong.

And don't give me this BULLSHIT about my freedoms only existing because of the U.S. military.

The United States has not faced a serious threat of invasion since 1814. So please enough with that bunk!

The primary role of the U.S. military has been to force American domination and colonialism on the rest of the world.
what an idiot,,you have to be college educated,,,sorry indoctrinated

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history? Does the evil of slavery taint our county more or less than others?

thats your fault,,,,

Right....because global society has really evolved to a point where we can be free of any/all forms of debt and still manage to lead our lives. /s

thats your fault,,,,

Right....because global society has really evolved to a point where we can be free of any/all forms of debt and still manage to lead our lives. /s
I've been doing it for 53 yrs,,, any debt I've had I could pay off in a short time and its only benefited me when I have it

if you are having that much trouble with money I suggest you get dave ramseys program and follow it,,debt will never CONTROL you again

thats your fault,,,,

I've been doing it for 53 yrs,,, any debt I've had I could pay off in a short time and its only benefited me when I have it

if you are having that much trouble with money I suggest you get dave ramseys program and follow it,,debt will never CONTROL you again

Never said I was having tough go at handling it or that my finances were mismanaged, I’m just being practical though...

Seeing as I went through a 4-year undergraduate degree to obtain a career in a field I wanted, I had no choice but to take out student loans to finance it unless I spent my 18-28 years working dead-end jobs in manual labor, customer service or retail and saved up.

Then, by the time I would have completed my degree I would have been in my early-mid 30s. I would legit be a decade behind everyone else in achieving the same milestones for human happiness, contentment and satisfaction (financial independence, ownership of property, raising a family, etc).

I’m happy that you’ve been able to accomplish this goal for 53 years. Props to you. Unfortunately, times have changed drastically for younger generations nowadays and those of us who are less than half your current age (like myself) are at a disadvantage.

Cheers.

thats your fault,,,,

Never said I was having tough go at handling it or that my finances were mismanaged, I’m just being practical though...

Seeing as I went through a 4-year undergraduate degree to obtain a career in a field I wanted, I had no choice but to take out student loans to finance it unless I spent my 18-28 years working dead-end jobs in manual labor, customer service or retail and saved up.

Then, by the time I would have completed my degree I would have been in my early-mid 30s. I would legit be a decade behind everyone else in achieving the same milestones for human happiness, contentment and satisfaction (financial independence, ownership of property, raising a family, etc).

I’m happy that you’ve been able to accomplish this goal for 53 years. Props to you. Unfortunately, times have changed drastically for younger generations nowadays and those of us who are less than half your current age (like myself) are at a disadvantage.

Cheers.

never said my goals have been achieved,,, getting closer but not gonna win a cigar

because of the internet and new tech todays youth have it far easier than any generation before it, but those same things make them lazier and complacent.

after that its based on the individual

Forum List

Back