Warmers are Neurotic Basket Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
NASA is also a major player in climate change analysis and has been for years. The mandate of NASA expanded decades ago to focus on earth analysis as well. Which is why many of the leading climate scientists are at NASA with the GISS.

The USGS also deals with some of the forests out here in the West as well. They also work on issues related to rivers and waterbodies as well.

Your view of the division of the sciences is out of date and limited (more like a cartoon without any real technical knowledge of what you are talking about).

This thread is about mental health ... the Department of Health and Human Services ... and the effect of these catastrophic predictions on children ... who most likely won't live long enough to see any difference at all ...

I'm fine with the 2ºC temperature increase ... but that little bit won't effect weather patterns, it doesn't change climate ... quite frankly should be as unnoticeable as the previous 1ºC rise ... these are tiny changes ... these predictions of catastrophe are all lies ... they've never happened before, they'll never happen in the future ... just stupid stuff like "hypercanes" ...

So why are we giving our kids grief ... it's the great-great-grandchildren who won't care either ...

I was simply correcting your misstatement.
No, you're derailing and now trying to distract from the fact.

The thread is about what neurotic basket cases you warmer crackpots are...And like the sociopathic behavior that y'all also suffer from, you can't allow anyone else in your orbit to just go about their business, without you trying to make them as mentally unbalanced as you are.

I was simply correcting your misstatement.

And how would you know if NASA spewing out scientific truths ... you're so gullible in that respect ... it's still appealing to authority until Congress passed that mandate on ... NOAA presents the more conservative view, which rarely includes "catastrophism" ...

Do you agree that overplaying the data for sensational headlines is bad for our children's mental health? ...

And how would you know if NASA spewing out scientific truths

Well, the science makes sense and there's absolutely no reason to doubt it except unless one has a bias against what the science says.

... you're so gullible in that respect

As you wish.

... it's still appealing to authority

As it is for you as well. I might note since YOU are not an expert on this topic either YOU are, by definition, appealing to authority.

Just look at your mischaracterization of what NASA covers. You clearly know next to nothing about this topic.

until Congress passed that mandate on ... NOAA presents the more conservative view, which rarely includes "catastrophism" ...

Not as "conservative" as you might think. But then you don't actually have any connections to NOAA.

Do you agree that overplaying the data for sensational headlines is bad for our children's mental health? ...

Sensationalism is bad. I will agree with that. It puts the science back on its heels because the ONLY thing you non-scientists notice is stuff that is in the popular press, rather than the science. So it tends to overhype something that is actually still a serious concern.

That's why I always suggest people read the SCIENCE.

No, you're derailing and now trying to distract from the fact.

So do you think the other poster was correct? Show me my error.

The thread is about what neurotic basket cases you warmer crackpots are.

Then you should report the other poster who brought up NASA and NOAA.

..And like the sociopathic behavior that y'all also suffer from, you can't allow anyone else in your orbit to just go about their business, without you trying to make them as mentally unbalanced as you are.

By pointing out how NASA actually operates?

Is reality always a problem for you lot?

Classic cult behavior....Gaslight your subjects until they begin hating themselves.

Molecular biologist Abi Perrin, 32, describes the physical sensations she experienced after reading the 2018 report by the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC): “My heart was pounding. My chest felt tight every time I thought about it – and I couldn’t not think about it. I’d often burst into tears because it felt overwhelming. It’s like a pit in your stomach – you feel weirdly empty. It’s not always the same, but it sometimes takes the form of feeling very sad, hopeless and alone.”

The biggest ever scientific study on climate anxiety and young people, published last year in the Lancet, found that nearly six in 10 people aged 16 to 25 were very or extremely worried about climate breakdown, nearly half of them reported climate distress or anxiety affecting their daily lives, and three-quarters agreed that “the future is frightening”. All the therapists I spoke to reported seeing a significant increase in climate anxiety in their consulting rooms. So, can therapy help?

They have to sensationalize it to sell their narrative. Unfortunately that means they will have to make sensational predictions that have no chance of occurring.

Case in point... over the next decade if the rate of sea level rise does not triple their sensationalized forecasts will be proven wrong.

Deniers are dumb fucks that are willfully ignorant, and work very hard to stay that way. They will deny science, and even what their own eyes see if it disagrees with their alternative reality world view.

Yet you make no comment on the link at all how come Rockhead?

Meanwhile you still continue to ignore the CONTENT of this,

Where's the Climate Emergency?

LINK

:hello77:

Classic idiot behavior. Reject facts out of hand to fit your ignorant preconceived notions.

You can't address the article either got a pinecone up your ass or is it the dreaded Global Warming disease you are suffering from?

5wbdjl.jpg

Deniers are dumb fucks that are willfully ignorant, and work very hard to stay that way. They will deny science, and even what their own eyes see if it disagrees with their alternative reality world view.
Then count yourself as an utter failure! If we are all so willfully ignorant of the obvious science, then either:
  1. The "science" just ain't so obvious. Or--
  2. You have utterly failed to convey a very simple and obvious fact to those most in need of hearing about it!
As such then, you have no one but yourself to blame for the destruction of the Earth.

Oddball in post one astutely states: "Classic cult behavior....Gaslight your subjects until they begin hating themselves."

Notice that not a single warmist/alarmist GOOK commented on the content of the article in post one they completely ignore it while hilariously supporting the very premise the article talks about.

Examples are many here are few of the stupidest ones:

Bodecea,

It's too late to do anything except spend the millions/billions/trillions to clean up after each natural disaster now.

===

Aboob afuck,

Pure TROLLING Thread by Low IQ loser who can't actually debate any topic in the section.

Any other board (than USMB/Fox News Junior High) This Troll gets Deleted or moved South."

===

Old Rockhead,

"Deniers are dumb fucks that are willfully ignorant, and work very hard to stay that way. They will deny science, and even what their own eyes see if it disagrees with their alternative reality world view."

===

Crick in the head,

"Classic idiot behavior. Reject facts out of hand to fit your ignorant preconceived notions."

===

PV system,

Well, there are too many nonsense posts to quote suffice to say accurately this one also COMPLETELY ignored the POST ONE article yup just ignore it then make a lot of stupid attacks or useless statements to people.

It is clear from the replies of the yellow eyed drooling warmist freaks in the thread they are......... Neurotic Basket Cases

It's too late to do anything
Pure TROLLING Thread by Low IQ loser
Any other board (than USMB/Fox News Junior High) This Troll gets Deleted
Deniers are dumb fucks that are willfully ignorant
Classic idiot behavior.

When you can't rationally explain nor defend your own most cherished topic to others because you can't even do so among yourselves whom you all agree, you've got nothing left to do but to attack the other people putting them down to make yourself feel better as you mentally elevate yourself onto a pedestal so high you can rationalize your non-answers to provide yourself the cushion of bruised ego protection you need.

Anyone who believes bias can't affect science by squelching dissenting opinions is an idiot. Here is a group of social scientists who study bias for a living proving their bias kept many conservatives from identifying themselves as politically conservative.

Some of the world’s pre-eminent experts on bias discovered an unexpected form of it at their annual meeting.
Discrimination is always high on the agenda at the Society for Personality and Social Psychology’s conference, where psychologists discuss their research on racial prejudice, homophobia, sexism, stereotype threat and unconscious bias against minorities. But the most talked-about speech at this year’s meeting, which ended Jan. 30, involved a new “outgroup.”
It was identified by Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist at the University of Virginia who studies the intuitive foundations of morality and ideology. He polled his audience at the San Antonio Convention Center, starting by asking how many considered themselves politically liberal. A sea of hands appeared, and Dr. Haidt estimated that liberals made up 80 percent of the 1,000 psychologists in the ballroom. When he asked for centrists and libertarians, he spotted fewer than three dozen hands. And then, when he asked for conservatives, he counted a grand total of three.
“This is a statistically impossible lack of diversity,” Dr. Haidt concluded, noting polls showing that 40 percent of Americans are conservative and 20 percent are liberal. In his speech and in an interview, Dr. Haidt argued that social psychologists are a “tribal-moral community” united by “sacred values” that hinder research and damage their credibility — and blind them to the hostile climate they’ve created for non-liberals.
“Anywhere in the world that social psychologists see women or minorities underrepresented by a factor of two or three, our minds jump to discrimination as the explanation,” said Dr. Haidt, who called himself a longtime liberal turned centrist. “But when we find out that conservatives are underrepresented among us by a factor of more than 100, suddenly everyone finds it quite easy to generate alternate explanations.”

The exact same thing is happening in the climate science community.

Claire Parkinson, climatologist at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center said, "many scientists who don’t buy into the “mainstream” position on climate change are reluctant to voice their opinions"

A Closer Look at Climate Change Skepticism

And now we discover that Climate Scientists who demand consensus at the expense of science are making kids sick because of their "good" intentions.

Sensationalism is bad. I will agree with that. It puts the science back on its heels because the ONLY thing you non-scientists notice is stuff that is in the popular press, rather than the science. So it tends to overhype something that is actually still a serious concern.

That's why I always suggest people read the SCIENCE.

Is it "overhyped" or is it a "serious concern"? ... what exactly is the concern? ... and what do you think "the science" says is the solution? ...

Is it "overhyped" or is it a "serious concern"?

Both. The popular press tends to overhype things but AGW is a serious concern.

... what exactly is the concern?

Collapse of agricultural infrastructure. Economic destabilization. Billions of dollars lost on coastal disasters which may get more and more common. The shutdown of the AMOC in the North Atlantic and attendant economic collapse of most of our major trading partners' economies in western Europe.

That enough?

... and what do you think "the science" says is the solution? ...

Decarbonization. Changes in land usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back