Want To Highlight Senators Blocking Voting Rights? Rename The Russell Senate Office Building

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
On this Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day and in this era of reconsidering monuments to people who built their careers on racism, it’s time to rename the Russell Senate Office Building, where 33 senators today conduct their daily business.

This is not just a symbolic gesture: follow along with me for a moment.

Democratic Senator Richard Russell was most famous as the guy who wielded the filibuster to destroy Civil Rights legislation. Most of the time he was quite successful, spending decades scuttling legislation proposed to outlaw lynching, end school segregation, or to insure voting rights.

In 1932 Russell, then the openly segregationist Governor of Georgia, won election to the US Senate from that state, taking office in 1933. He immediately joined the “Southern Bloc” to fight northern Democrats Robert Wagner’s and Edward Costigan’s proposed 1933 legislation to outlaw lynching.

I don't think anyone realizes what's getting ready to happen.

:popcorn:

On this Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day and in this era of reconsidering monuments to people who built their careers on racism, it’s time to rename the Russell Senate Office Building, where 33 senators today conduct their daily business.

Democratic Senator Richard Russell was most famous as the guy who wielded the filibuster to destroy Civil Rights legislation. Most of the time he was quite successful, spending decades scuttling legislation proposed to outlaw lynching, end school segregation, or to insure voting rights.

In 1932 Russell, then the openly segregationist Governor of Georgia, won election to the US Senate from that state, taking office in 1933. He immediately joined the “Southern Bloc” to fight northern Democrats Robert Wagner’s and Edward Costigan’s proposed 1933 legislation to outlaw lynching.

So this is your thread of the day copied to 20 other boards eh Chuck and Duck?

How is having an ID voter suppression you stoopid fok

85% approve of it The others are creek slime like yourself

We have to erase history to obtain Marxism.

5. The Past

Marx saw tradition as a tool of the bourgeoisie. Adherence to the past served as a mere distraction in proletariat’s quest for emancipation and supremacy.

“In bourgeois society,” Marx wrote, “the past dominates the present; in Communist society, the present dominates the past.”

Well, we all know where Skewed13 head's at in politics.

Last edited:

I know all about Russell. He was LBJ's mentor, along with Sam Rayburn in the House.

And yes, Russell was a segregationist. It's a good idea to rename the Senate Office Building. The Democrats need to be consistent.

Nobody is blocking voting rights, lying asshole.

Oh, there's enough of us who are totally aware of what your crime syndicate Marxists in DC are trying. You people have lost your damned minds if you think that creating the means of cheating elections is going to be allowed without resistance. You want to set your own house on fire to spite the other half of the nation? Go for it. You'll find it doesn't work to your advantage.

Forum List

Back