Walmart to Close All Portland Stores by March

Bull Fawking Shit. Where, just where, in the linked article does it make the claim that the closings are due to those riots? Here is what it says dumbshit,

Walmart says they are closing the stores because they were not meeting financial expectations.

You don't hit your numbers, over and over again, and Walmart will shut your doors. Were there riots in Bentonville, Arkansas? That is where Walmart is headquartered and guess damn what, they are closing the store in that town too. You got links to the riots in Alberguergue, New Mexico? Closing that store as well. Pinellas Park, Florida--you mean DeSantis can't even keep a Walmart in business?

I mean damn, I see stupid posts day and and day out but yours it just plain idiotic.
You obviously don't know anything about the current state of Portland. That once beautiful city is largely a hell hole of rampant public drug use, homelessness and yes the damage and loss of business from the BLM/Antifa fueled riots in that city. You can mock and name call all you want, that is the reality in Portland.

Portland is soft on crime.

Bentonville is closing a Walmart To Go location.
I think they have 8 more.
Wal-Mart To Go? Can I ask what kind of place that is? Is it like a fast-food drive-thru place?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My city used to have two Wal-Mart neighborhood market stores, but one of them closed just three years after it opened. It was the one closest to my house and so I miss it. It included a gas station that couldn't have had a cleaner restroom.

Last sentence in link--suburbia is where the money is anyway:

"There will still be over a dozen Walmart stores in the metro area, outside of Portland’s city limit."
Which requires driving and the expense of gasoline.

Just order your stuff online from Walmart or Amazon If you live in one the the screwed up Big Democratic cities.

Wal-Mart To Go? Can I ask what kind of place that is? Is it like a fast-food drive-thru place?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My city used to have two Wal-Mart neighborhood market stores, but one of them closed just three years after it opened. It was the one closest to my house and so I miss it. It included a gas station that couldn't have had a cleaner restroom.

Wal-Mart To Go? Can I ask what kind of place that is?

Pickup and delivery only.

You obviously don't know anything about the current state of Portland. That once beautiful city is largely a hell hole of rampant public drug use, homelessness and yes the damage and loss of business from the BLM/Antifa fueled riots in that city. You can mock and name call all you want, that is the reality in Portland.
I am beginning to wonder if the bad dudes from the Free State of Florida have picked up and moved to criminal sanctuaries like Portland. If so good. I live in Florida.

So far in 2022, prosecutors in Multnomah County are prosecuting 46% of theft cases involving less than $1,000 in goods. That’s compared to an 84% prosecution rate in Clackamas County, and a 93% prosecution rate in Washington County for the same crimes, according to data provided by all three offices.

Well there you go it speaks for itself

Portland is soft on crime.

Bentonville is closing a Walmart To Go location.
I think they have 8 more.
I am not buying the Portland is soft on crime, especially since their police department is operating under a Department of Justice order. But more importantly, I don' think it is Portland's purview as to rather or not Walmart prosecutes a shoplifter. If you can provide an example of the AG refusing to prosecute a shoplifter that Walmart wants prosecuted then I will agree, I would close the store as well. I just don't think that is happening. Nor, from my own experience, would it happen.

I am not buying the Portland is soft on crime, especially since their police department is operating under a Department of Justice order. But more importantly, I don' think it is Portland's purview as to rather or not Walmart prosecutes a shoplifter. If you can provide an example of the AG refusing to prosecute a shoplifter that Walmart wants prosecuted then I will agree, I would close the store as well. I just don't think that is happening. Nor, from my own experience, would it happen.

Post #30.......

That's a broad explanation.

The question is, why aren't they meeting financial expectations?

Retail theft could lead Walmart to close stores, raise prices

Shoplifting has gotten so bad at Walmart stores that the retail giant may shutter locations in areas where local governments are taking a soft-on-crime approach, the company’s boss said.

CEO Doug McMillon, who has led Walmart since 2015, confirmed the retailer has experienced an increase in “shrink” — a term the retail industry uses to address losses related to in-store theft or fraud.
Shrink is not limited to store losses related to theft and fraud. Inaccurate accounting typically accounts for ten percent of shrink, higher if the staff is incompetent, and here it lies Walmart's problem. Take price changes and lets us an example. Canned peas goes from 79 cents to 99 cents, that is twenty cents a can. The overworked grocery department manager just checks it off the list and says it is done, mostly because his manager tells him to just check the damn box so the manager stays out of hot water. But it is not done, and every can that goes out the door is twenty cents in shrink.

I know this is happening because Walmart has been cited, and fined, in several states for inaccurate pricing. Like I said, this is on the management of that store, period. The blame cannot be laid on external factors, it is all internal. And it makes sense, in a 90 million dollar a year Superstore the grocery manager is responsible for about 14 million dollars in volume, he makes around $19 an hour. What the hell kind of help are you going to get for $19 hour in the Portland labor market? I am willing to bet that 25% of the shrink from that store is internal. When that happens, shut the doors.

Wow. The store is paying out that kind of money to catch the scumbags and lowlifes? And it’s not just ONE door. They have to have security all over the store to try to catch the thugs, and they probably miss most.

Good business sense to close shop in those types of areas and remain in areas where fewer people are criminals.
Well that particular store has two exits, and one of them closes at nine pm. Doesn't cost that much to hire outside security, especially in light of the fact that every employee is paid a differential just to work in that store because of its location in a "bad neighborhood".

Why don’t they just get real security instead of those $11 an hour rent-a-cops?

It's a leftist paradise!!

Walmart Set to Close All Stores in Portland amid Record-Breaking Retail Theft​

“Theft is an issue. It’s higher than what it has historically been,” McMillon told CNBC. Prices “will be higher and/or stores will close,” the executive added if Oregon authorities failed to address rampant shoplifting.

Some Walmarts have got to the point where a good portion of their merchandise is locked up.
I've had many instances where I've had to track down an employee in order to get simple things like batteries, spray paint, razors.

I can't give you all the reasons why these particular stores are closing, but we do know of instances where other stores like Walgreens, have closed directly due to theft.

Rest assured, this is the result of the BLM / ANTIFA riots that have resulted in weak on crime policies which have turned Portland into a lawless hellscape.

I can hear the left now attacking Walmart for this decision. Must be Walmart's fault. Who else's fault could it possibly be? Meanwhile, several Oregon counties want to be annexed by Idaho.

Man are you dense. There can be no prosecution unless there is first an arrest. That's the problem The arrests have stopped. With that stoppage comes an onslaught of embolden shoplifters who will absolutely empty the place out with impunity. How to stop them? Close the doors and move.

Forum List

Back