Walmart Is Raising Wages And Giving Bonuses, Citing Tax Cuts (Every Democrat Voted Against This)

The Trump Tax Cuts are doing wonders for businesses and the working American people. It's a shame Democrats have no sympathy for the working taxpayers but have empathy for the mooching illegals and negroes on welfare, or better known as their pets.

Walmart is raising wages and giving bonuses, citing tax cuts

Walmart to raise its starting wage to $11, give some employees bonuses following tax bill passage

A call out to help those who handed Walmart hundreds of millions of dollars.

Tell me why a company that ranked 11th in highest profits, could not afford to do this without the tax cut.

Well, lets see here, Walmart raises their wage and give bonuses and it is very admiral. Except they have planned this out so they really are not giving a dime more from their profits with the abrupt closing of some Sams clubs this morning from Texas to Michigan, therefore, saving on their labor costs and overall operating costs. Not to menton, they will end up laying off thousands of cashiers within a year as they go automated. So although this is good for some employee's and good PR it's really smoke and mirrors.
Lolol.

Otay!

You can forget about automation taking over because once the gubmint loses the taxes real workers pay say hello robot tax......and a staff of engineers and mechanics to keep the machines running won't be cheap

Seems like good news, but be careful. Walmart will likely just scale back its payroll. Last time i went into a Walmart, employees were scarce. Very hard to find any help. I don't shop there anymore. So they may raise wages, but they'll like cut their payroll too. But hey, some folks will see better pay. It is some good news.

Yes. We need a minimum wage because without one, American workers would have to accept the same wages and working conditions Third World workers get to remain competitive.

So why do you want to drag down the standard of living to that of China or India?
They will not have to accept third-world wages, as long as we don't have 11 million third-world assholes driving down wages for Americans. The way immigration policy is supposed to work is to make sure that the American job market is not largely affected by the markets of third-world shit holes. With a much smaller supply of workers, employers will be FORCED to compete with other employers for employee's services, which results in bidding wars, which results in higher wages all across the economy, and the next thing you know, you are paying your new Head Coach $75 Million, guaranteed over 10 years.
:banghead:

Increase the demand for workers, and the minimum wage issue goes away really fast.

Last edited:
Well, lets see here, Walmart raises their wage and give bonuses and it is very admiral. Except they have planned this out so they really are not giving a dime more from their profits with the abrupt closing of some Sams clubs this morning from Texas to Michigan, therefore, saving on their labor costs and overall operating costs. Not to menton, they will end up laying off thousands of cashiers within a year as they go automated. So although this is good for some employee's and good PR it's really smoke and mirrors.
You are acting like the extra money will just disappear.

Money is fucking useless until it is spent or invested. Walmart will not shove that money into a huge mattress and let it sit, losing value to inflation on the daily. Corporations live to expand market share and enter new markets. The extra money that the Fed Gov will not pilfer from Walmart will mostly be used for such expansion or to pay off other obligations. One way or another, somebody other than Walmart is going to get paid.

If Walmart is closing stores, that sounds like they are losing money, or shifting to a different business model. They would never close stores unless they are taking a loss, in which case, of course they should close them, but the one thing I know about Walmart from talking with employees, is that they ALWAYS try to find a place for those employees effected by the closings. I will look into the alleged layoffs, but if Walmart lays people off, it will be a small number compared to their overall Walmart workforce (which is huge).

Walmart is already well known for the worst customer service in Retail. Employees are scarce in their Super Centers. The last time it raised pay, it also cut payroll sharply. So look for it to do the same this time around. You think you can't find Walmart Employees now, it's only gonna get worse. So this is a story of 'Good News/Bad News.' It doesn't matter much to me though. I've had so many nasty experiences at Walmarts. I stopped shopping there years ago.

You can forget about automation taking over because once the gubmint loses the taxes real workers pay say hello robot tax......and a staff of engineers and mechanics to keep the machines running won't be cheap
The Automation Boogeyman is complete bullshit. That's a scare tactic by the Marxist left to get you to buy into their communist ideal. Don't fall for that snake oil.

Companies making products or providing services via automation need consumers. If nobody has a fucking job because all jobs are automated, those companies are going to be in deep shit.

Henry Ford understood that in order to sell his products, he needed consumers with money. He made sure that his employees were also customers, and gave them time off to use and enjoy the cars they purchased from him. Ford Motor Company is universally recognized as one of the first American companies to adopt the 5-day, 40-hour work week. Ford factory workers get 40-hour week - May 01, 1926 - HISTORY.com

Today, a lot of the process in Ford's manufacturing is automated, like most mass-production automobile manufacturers, which is mainly done because machines are more precise than humans on certain, specific tasks. They still employ a lot of humans in the manufacturing process. One day, that process could be completely automated, but there better be plenty of new jobs available, unless Ford plans on giving those cars away.

Walmart is already well known for the worst customer service in Retail. Employees are scarce in their Super Centers. The last time it raised pay, it also cut payroll sharply. So look for it to do the same this time around. You think you can't find Walmart Employees now, it's only gonna get worse. So this is a story of 'Good News/Bad News.' It doesn't matter much to me though. I've had so many nasty experiences at Walmarts. I stopped shopping there years ago.

same with my mother .. 20 cash register's - one cashier - giant store void of employees to help her find something-

now she shops at Brookshires and Kroger

I still buy from Walmart - ONLINE- and my housekeeper picks it up the the drive through and brings to to me .. I havent been inside in over a year.

Last edited:
The Automation Boogeyman is complete bullshit. That's a scare tactic by the Marxist left to get you to buy into their communist ideal. Don't fall for that snake oil.

Companies making products or providing services via automation need consumers. If nobody has a fucking job because all jobs are automated, those companies are going to be in deep shit.

Henry Ford understood that in order to sell his products, he needed consumers with money. He made sure that his employees were also customers, and gave them time off to use and enjoy the cars they purchased from him. Ford Motor Company is universally recognized as one of the first American companies to adopt the 5-day, 40-hour work week. Ford factory workers get 40-hour week - May 01, 1926 - HISTORY.com

Today, a lot of the process in Ford's manufacturing is automated, like most mass-production automobile manufacturers, which is mainly done because machines are more precise than humans on certain, specific tasks. They still employ a lot of humans in the manufacturing process. One day, that process could be completely automated, but there better be plenty of new jobs available, unless Ford plans on giving those cars away.

Oh it's a real enough thing. It's called PROGRESS. It's how we have SELF SERVICE GAS STATIONS. Oregon opted to regress, and made it illegal for Oregonians to pump their own gas.

I mean, any semi intelligent person recognizes the overwhelming stupidity of such policies. Policies that make it ILLEGAL for people to advance, because certain jobs will be made obsolete.

Using that sort of thinking, we'd still be picking cotton by hand, and there would be a NEED for freaking slaves.

And that's what it comes back to again...protecting a slave class. Lefties don't like progress because it makes things easier, it allows people to advance their businesses, it allows money to be made and things to become easier...

same with my mother .. 20 cash register's - one cashier - giant store void of employees to help her find something-

now she shops at Brookshires and Kroger

I still buy from Walmart - ONLINE- and my housekeeper picks it up the the drive through and brings to to me .. I havent been inside in over a year.

Yeah, a ghost town as far as employees go. Very hard to get any help. And payroll will be cut some more after this increase in pay. But like i said, i don't shop there anymore. I am glad some employees will see a bump in pay though. Good for them. :thup:

Forum List

Back