Wall Street Journal- Repubs losers in defunding DHS immigration ploy

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Wall Street Journal IS NO Progressive bastion mind you:

Can the GOP Change - WSJ
(snip)

So Republicans are facing what is likely to be another embarrassing political retreat and more intra-party recriminations. The GOP’s restrictionist wing will blame the leadership for a failure they share responsibility for, and the rest of America will wonder anew about the gang that couldn’t shoot straight.

The restrictionist caucus can protest all it wants, but it can’t change 54 Senate votes into 60 without persuading some Democrats. It’s time to find another strategy. Our advice on immigration is to promote discrete bills that solve specific problems such as green cards for math-science-tech graduates, more H-1B visas, a guest-worker program for agriculture, targeted enforcement and legal status for the dreamers. Democrats would be hard-pressed to oppose them and it would put the onus back on Mr. Obama. But if that’s too much for the GOP, then move on from immigration to something else.

discuss...

Yes, the Journal criticizes the GOP sometimes when they think theyre wrong.
Show me anywhere in the leftist media that criticizes Obama. ANd I dont mean they think he should be meaner or tougher or more disrespectful to Republicans.

Wall Street Journal IS NO Progressive bastion mind you:

Can the GOP Change - WSJ
(snip)

So Republicans are facing what is likely to be another embarrassing political retreat and more intra-party recriminations. The GOP’s restrictionist wing will blame the leadership for a failure they share responsibility for, and the rest of America will wonder anew about the gang that couldn’t shoot straight.

The restrictionist caucus can protest all it wants, but it can’t change 54 Senate votes into 60 without persuading some Democrats. It’s time to find another strategy. Our advice on immigration is to promote discrete bills that solve specific problems such as green cards for math-science-tech graduates, more H-1B visas, a guest-worker program for agriculture, targeted enforcement and legal status for the dreamers. Democrats would be hard-pressed to oppose them and it would put the onus back on Mr. Obama. But if that’s too much for the GOP, then move on from immigration to something else.

discuss...

A secure border with immigration limits is not popular with either the dems or wall street blood suckers.

Show me anywhere in the leftist media that criticizes Obama. ANd I dont mean they think he should be meaner or tougher or more disrespectful to Republicans.
so you are against the GOP's strategy as well to defund America's DHS?

instant topic deflection ^^^^^^

neither party wants them here and yet neither party will do anything about it because no one wants to be called a racist.....thats the way it is here in s.cal....even a person coming up with good plan on how to deal with this is called a racist out here if any illegals are to be affected by it........even if he is a liberal Mexican....

so much for the new Republican Congress and their barn-storming legislation bills that are advancing this country in the right direction. Anything that doesn't wither on the filibuster vine gets the veto pen.

D'oooooooooooooh'

so much for the new Republican Congress and their barn-storming legislation bills that are advancing this country in the right direction. Anything that doesn't wither on the filibuster vine gets the veto pen.

D'oooooooooooooh'
Why wont Democrats work together and cooperate to make this country better?

D'oooooooooooooh'

with Senate Republicans holding the record for most filibusters, that's a good question..... for a blithering idiot.

Forum List

Back