W VA Chem Spill... Get ready for a new Attack on Coal by Obama and the Left

I was just having fun with the knuckle draggers.

My feeling about energy is this; we've had nuclear reactors on naval vessels for what, 60 years now? The lists of serious mishaps has been astonishingly low...quick can you name 3?

The same goes for most modern navies and while they are pretty quick to keep any incidents hush-hush, nobody has seen a mushroom cloud or giant smoking crater where the ocean used to be.

I say that we federalize the NRC, get naval troops to run them and roll out reactors for a time period of, lets say, 5 years. Put 20 of them up for 5 years, declare a moratorium for 2 years and see how they run. If, as I suspect, we have no incidents, roll out another 20 in the next 5, impose a moratorium for, lets say, 9 months and make any upgrades/retrofits to the first group/existing group as of this writing during that time. Roll out--assess(sp?)--roll out--assess. Seems to be the best way to do things but make sure you have the USN running it.
They've proven they know what they are doing.

As an aside to your naval solution, it is a goal of mine to build a house that subsists solely on solar, geothermal coils, and natural gas.

My feeling about energy is this; we've had nuclear reactors on naval vessels for what, 60 years now? The lists of serious mishaps has been astonishingly low...quick can you name 3?

The same goes for most modern navies and while they are pretty quick to keep any incidents hush-hush, nobody has seen a mushroom cloud or giant smoking crater where the ocean used to be.

I say that we federalize the NRC, get naval troops to run them and roll out reactors for a time period of, lets say, 5 years. Put 20 of them up for 5 years, declare a moratorium for 2 years and see how they run. If, as I suspect, we have no incidents, roll out another 20 in the next 5, impose a moratorium for, lets say, 9 months and make any upgrades/retrofits to the first group/existing group as of this writing during that time. Roll out--assess(sp?)--roll out--assess. Seems to be the best way to do things but make sure you have the USN running it.
They've proven they know what they are doing.

As an aside to your naval solution, it is a goal of mine to build a house that subsists solely on solar, geothermal coils, and natural gas.

All of those are fine solutions but someone listed it as a supplemental form. I tend to agree that for most of the nation, they are supplemental energy sources. Nuke is the way to go in my opinion.

I say that we federalize the NRC, get naval troops to run them and roll out reactors for a time period of, lets say, 5 years. Put 20 of them up for 5 years, declare a moratorium for 2 years and see how they run. If, as I suspect, we have no incidents, roll out another 20 in the next 5, impose a moratorium for, lets say, 9 months and make any upgrades/retrofits to the first group/existing group as of this writing during that time. Roll out--assess(sp?)--roll out--assess. Seems to be the best way to do things but make sure you have the USN running it. They've proven they know what they are doing.

We've had commercial nuclear reactors for about 50 years now. The only obstacle to building more of them is opposition from your komrades.

The stakes are too high to leave to the private sector in my view unless you're going to have constant regulatory presence. In that case, you may as well trust it to the Navy anyway.

I agree with you (hell just froze over) about the irrational opposition to nuke on the surface of it however.

West Virginia chemical spill cuts water to up to 300,000, state of emergency declared - U.S. News

They better get into the Rural Areas and make sure people know directly.

Rural... :lol:

:)

peace...

So the chemical was used to process coal. It wasn't the product of coal mining. It would make as much sense to blame coal mining for a milk truck turning over on the highway. After all, coal miners drink milk, don't they?

the chemical is a coal cleaning agent.

The chemicals used to clean coal leaked into the elk river. 5000 gallons leaked at approx 9am yesterday. They did not inform the public till 5pm

My Mom and 3 sisters and their children live in 2 of the affected counties.

It's highly caustic. I am fortunately a couple counties over, but I have a number of friends in the affected area - it is not good :(

the chemical is a coal cleaning agent.

The chemicals used to clean coal leaked into the elk river. 5000 gallons leaked at approx 9am yesterday. They did not inform the public till 5pm

My Mom and 3 sisters and their children live in 2 of the affected counties.

Thanks, hopefully all are okay and water will be provided ASAP.

Thank you. I may be making a trip there to bring some of my family members here.

There is zero water there. I do know that the National guard is transporting water. Thank goodness, my family already had some bottled water.
Hospitals are in big trouble. They claim to have backup water resource, but it can only last so long.

I can't see how they can provide enough water....and not only that, there is livestock to consider. What are the farmers going to do? Hospitals? Schools? And no clue as to a timetable?

I say that we federalize the NRC, get naval troops to run them and roll out reactors for a time period of, lets say, 5 years. Put 20 of them up for 5 years, declare a moratorium for 2 years and see how they run. If, as I suspect, we have no incidents, roll out another 20 in the next 5, impose a moratorium for, lets say, 9 months and make any upgrades/retrofits to the first group/existing group as of this writing during that time. Roll out--assess(sp?)--roll out--assess. Seems to be the best way to do things but make sure you have the USN running it. They've proven they know what they are doing.

We've had commercial nuclear reactors for about 50 years now. The only obstacle to building more of them is opposition from your komrades.

The stakes are too high to leave to the private sector in my view unless you're going to have constant regulatory presence. In that case, you may as well trust it to the Navy anyway.

I agree with you (hell just froze over) about the irrational opposition to nuke on the surface of it however.

You think the commercial nuclear power industry isn't regulated?

Furthermore, every single military nuclear power plant was built by the private sector.

You vomit stupidity every time you post.

Do you believe the wind always blows at night?

No but I know you blow 24/7.

Reality is what blows - blows your imbecile schemes out of the water, that is.

I just point it out.

Yet during my vacation when driving home from the mountains...what was on the other side of the Interstate? Four tractor trailers carrying the blades and pedestal for more wind turbines. Life is passing you by...and you won't be missed. I'm just pointing it out.

Furthermore, every single military nuclear power plant was built by the private sector.

Yes they are regulated and yes the reactors are built by the private sector. I never said any different dick-breath.

Given what we know about Chernobyl and Fukashima...I think we need maximum vigilance in running them however. You don't get that from the private sector in every case. The stakes are too high so let the proven naval teams run them...

And if solar and wind and geothermal and all the other were more viable, they would be used... they are not, and hence cannot be relied on for any majority of energy...

coal, oil, etc are necessities, not to be attacked.. hope companies keep researching alternatives.. and when they find other ways are profitable and viable, they will indeed use them to gain an edge

Yes, but we have a duty to freeze to death until solar and wind energy starts working. Or we can just go broke paying higher costs. More taxes in the future because, as Obama said, costs will necessarily skyrocket. He also said coal companies will go bankrupt.

It's just a hell of a coincidence that stuff keeps happening that allows them to take advantage of the crisis to further their agenda. If I didn't know better, I'd think some sabotage is going on here.

If you ever hope to be credible, I suggest you post the source of your allegations, when and where President Obama made the statements you write that he did. As for your conspiracy concerns, I suggest a tin foil hate, an eye mask and ear plugs.

No but I know you blow 24/7.

Reality is what blows - blows your imbecile schemes out of the water, that is.

I just point it out.

Yet during my vacation when driving home from the mountains...what was on the other side of the Interstate? Four tractor trailers carrying the blades and pedestal for more wind turbines. Life is passing you by...and you won't be missed. I'm just pointing it out.

That was just another symptom of the Obama libturd idiocy. If it wasn't for government subsidies, there wouldn't be a single wind turbine in this country.

If avoiding idiocy is what you call "life passing you by," then count me in. I just wish I could be left out of all the libturd lamebrained schemes to save humanity.

Yes they are regulated and yes the reactors are built by the private sector. I never said any different dick-breath.

Yes you did. That's what you meant when you said "The stakes are too high to leave to the private sector in my view unless you're going to have constant regulatory presence."

Given what we know about Chernobyl and Fukashima...I think we need maximum vigilance in running them however. You don't get that from the private sector in every case. The stakes are too high so let the proven naval teams run them...

Chernobyl was designed, built and operated by the Soviet government. Yet you think government is the way to prevent nuclear accidents.

And, BTW, Fukashima was the result of the largest Tsunami seen on the face of this Earth in recorded history. It's hard to plan for an event that has never occurred before in recorded history. But I'm sure government could do a better job. NOT!

Last edited:

Yes you did. That's what you meant when you said "The stakes are too high to leave to the private sector in my view unless you're going to have constant regulatory presence."

Chernobyl was designed, built and operated by the Soviet government. Yet you think government is the way to prevent nuclear accidents.

And, BTW, Fukashima was the result of the largest Tsunami seen on the face of this Earth in recorded history. It's hard to plan for an event that has never occurred before in recorded history. But I'm sure government could do a better job. NOT!

This is how lame you are; you're comparing the USSR which denied the event even occurred to the USN which is likely the best military unit ever fielded .

I appreciate that you think the private sector where there is nepotism, profit pressure, shareholder demands, political considerations and flat out corner cutting is the peferable alternative.

I disagree. The Navy is a professional, disciplined, forward leaning apparatus immune from nearly all of the above.

This is how lame you are; you're comparing the USSR which denied the event even occurred to the USN which is likely the best military unit ever fielded .

I appreciate that you think the private sector where there is nepotism, profit pressure, shareholder demands, political considerations and flat out corner cutting is the peferable alternative.

I disagree. The Navy is a professional, disciplined, forward leaning apparatus immune from nearly all of the above.

Nevertheless, all their nuclear reactors were built by private companies. These are the same companies you believe are not competent to build a commercial reactor. If our Navy didn't have private companies building its hardware, it wouldn't be any better than the Soviet navy.

It's hilarious that you don't think nepotism and political considerations don't occur in the government. As for "profit pressure" and "shareholder demands," those are two things that make the private sector superior to the government. Without profit pressure everything the private sector produced would be as expensive and broken down as the healthcare.gov website.

I do compare the Soviet government to our government. Government is government. It's incompetent and incredibly wasteful.

Last edited:

Nevertheless, all their nuclear reactors were built by private companies. These are the same companies you believe are not competent to build a commercial reactor. If our Navy didn't have private companies building its hardware, it wouldn't be any better than the Soviet navy.
Sailors operate the reactors.

It's hilarious that you don't think nepotism and political considerations don't occur in the government.
It hardly takes place in the Navy.

As for "profit pressure" and "shareholder demands," those are two things that make the private sector superior to the government.
Nonsense when you're talking about public safety.

Without profit pressure everything the private sector produced would be as expensive and broken down as the healthcare.gov website.
More people are signing up every day.

I do compare the Soviet government to our government. Government is government. It's incompetent and incredibly wasteful.

The USN has operated a nuke navy for....what am I wasting my time trying to talk sense to you for?

Whatever...

More people are signing up every day.

way off topic ,but still just as funny,crowing about sign up numbers on a mandated program!!!

Train cars full of solar energy never derail.

So we are going to put sails on 18 wheelers?

It amazes me that so many are so ignorant and so desperate for attention. One more ^^^ example which should embarrass every American Citizen. Don't these morons know that the educated in most every nation on our planet read what they post, and must wonder if all Americans are so stupid.

If you want smarter responses to what you guys say, then I would recommend not saying stupid things.

Forum List

Back