W VA Chem Spill... Get ready for a new Attack on Coal by Obama and the Left

West Virginia chemical spill cuts water to up to 300,000, state of emergency declared - U.S. News

They better get into the Rural Areas and make sure people know directly.

Rural... :lol:

:)

peace...

So the chemical was used to process coal. It wasn't the product of coal mining. It would make as much sense to blame coal mining for a milk truck turning over on the highway. After all, coal miners drink milk, don't they?

the chemical is a coal cleaning agent.

The chemicals used to clean coal leaked into the elk river. 5000 gallons leaked at approx 9am yesterday. They did not inform the public till 5pm

My Mom and 3 sisters and their children live in 2 of the affected counties.

West Virginia chemical spill cuts water to up to 300,000, state of emergency declared - U.S. News

peace...

So the chemical was used to process coal. It wasn't the product of coal mining. It would make as much sense to blame coal mining for a milk truck turning over on the highway. After all, coal miners drink milk, don't they?

The chemicals used to clean coal leaked into the elk river. 5000 gallons leaked at approx 9am yesterday. They did not inform the public till 5pm

Thanks, hopefully all are okay and water will be provided ASAP.

Thank you. I may be making a trip there to bring some of my family members here.

There is zero water there. I do know that the National guard is transporting water. Thank goodness, my family already had some bottled water.
Hospitals are in big trouble. They claim to have backup water resource, but it can only last so long.

Oh but it does. It shines 7/24.

After sun set, recharging stops.

night is an occurrence of physical location, not about the sun light being turned off for a duration.

And has been for billions of years. That doesn't change the fact that solar arrays do not charge when there is no sun light ie night or very little charge on cloudy days. Those aren't random bemusings. They are scientific fact and can be measured.

Thank you. I may be making a trip there to bring some of my family members here.

There is zero water there. I do know that the National guard is transporting water. Thank goodness, my family already had some bottled water.
Hospitals are in big trouble. They claim to have backup water resource, but it can only last so long.

Sounds like the military may be the only source on the ready to render aid. Living in earthquake country we always keep a couple of cases of bottled water and fruit packed in water for emergencies. We also keep at least three large empty containers of liquid laundry soap refilled with water for washing.

I was just having fun with the knuckle draggers.

My feeling about energy is this; we've had nuclear reactors on naval vessels for what, 60 years now? The lists of serious mishaps has been astonishingly low...quick can you name 3?

The same goes for most modern navies and while they are pretty quick to keep any incidents hush-hush, nobody has seen a mushroom cloud or giant smoking crater where the ocean used to be.

I say that we federalize the NRC, get naval troops to run them and roll out reactors for a time period of, lets say, 5 years. Put 20 of them up for 5 years, declare a moratorium for 2 years and see how they run. If, as I suspect, we have no incidents, roll out another 20 in the next 5, impose a moratorium for, lets say, 9 months and make any upgrades/retrofits to the first group/existing group as of this writing during that time. Roll out--assess(sp?)--roll out--assess. Seems to be the best way to do things but make sure you have the USN running it. They've proven they know what they are doing.

And if solar and wind and geothermal and all the other were more viable, they would be used... they are not, and hence cannot be relied on for any majority of energy...

coal, oil, etc are necessities, not to be attacked.. hope companies keep researching alternatives.. and when they find other ways are profitable and viable, they will indeed use them to gain an edge

Yes, but we have a duty to freeze to death until solar and wind energy starts working. Or we can just go broke paying higher costs. More taxes in the future because, as Obama said, costs will necessarily skyrocket. He also said coal companies will go bankrupt.

It's just a hell of a coincidence that stuff keeps happening that allows them to take advantage of the crisis to further their agenda. If I didn't know better, I'd think some sabotage is going on here.

This will indeed get blown out of proportion

No. It won't.

Because it IS a big deal.

It's a spill into the Elk River, affecting people as many as 300,000 people, in multiple counties and their drinking water, water used for livestock, hospitals, schools. It's HUGE.

I'm very fortunate my county is not one of the ones involved.

peace...

Apparently you're too fucking stupid to understand my argument. Coal miners use helmets. Does that mean if a truck full of paint used to paint the helmets overturns on the highway, that coal mining is to blame?

LMAO..."Sun doesnt shine at night"

We have some real MENSA members in the house tonight

Hopefully the geyser of stupidity erupting in this thread will end shortly, but I don't have much confidence in that.

They have to drink bottled water?

Oh, the horror!

I was just having fun with the knuckle draggers.

My feeling about energy is this; we've had nuclear reactors on naval vessels for what, 60 years now? The lists of serious mishaps has been astonishingly low...quick can you name 3?

The same goes for most modern navies and while they are pretty quick to keep any incidents hush-hush, nobody has seen a mushroom cloud or giant smoking crater where the ocean used to be.

I say that we federalize the NRC, get naval troops to run them and roll out reactors for a time period of, lets say, 5 years. Put 20 of them up for 5 years, declare a moratorium for 2 years and see how they run. If, as I suspect, we have no incidents, roll out another 20 in the next 5, impose a moratorium for, lets say, 9 months and make any upgrades/retrofits to the first group/existing group as of this writing during that time. Roll out--assess(sp?)--roll out--assess. Seems to be the best way to do things but make sure you have the USN running it. They've proven they know what they are doing.

We've had commercial nuclear reactors for about 50 years now. The only obstacle to building more of them is opposition from your komrades.

Forum List

Back