voters affected by gun violence kiss Beto's feet & thank him for tough gun control buyback stance

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Beto O’Rourke’s Campaign Found New Meaning in the Gun Debate. But Is He Hurting the Cause?

from the article:

"Tom Sullivan, a Colorado state lawmaker whose son, Alex, was killed in the Aurora theater shooting in 2012, met Beto O’Rourke one cloudless morning in September and, inside a glass-and-brick office building in downtown Denver, introduced him to several other people whose friends or relatives had been killed in mass shootings.

They were seated at a table in a third-floor conference room of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, beside a largely untouched basket of bagels and a box of Starbucks coffee. Jane Dougherty, whose sister Mary Sherlach was murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., in 2012, brought up the moment, at a presidential debate in Houston the previous week, when O’Rourke had said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.”

“I think I was jumping around in my family room, because my sister was murdered by an AR-15,” Dougherty said.

Coni Sanders, whose father, Dave, was killed in the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School, where he was a teacher, said she had rushed toward the television in her living room, hurting her head on a door jamb before sitting down on the floor and watching in disbelief. “I couldn’t believe what I was hearing,” Sanders said. Brandon Kellogg, a student at Columbine during the massacre, said that, sitting on his couch watching the debate that night, he cried.

O’Rourke swallowed.

Lonnie Phillips, whose daughter was killed in Aurora, told O’Rourke that he had “stepped in shit.”

“They’re going to come after you,” Phillips said, while assuring O’Rourke that he has “an army behind you.”

“You don’t back down,” he added.

O’Rourke no longer owns a gun, but he grew up around them in West Texas. He told me his father, Pat, kept a handgun in his sock drawer and an inherited “arsenal” of handguns, shotguns and rifles in a basement closet. O’Rourke used to take a .22-caliber rifle into the desert to shoot bottles and cans, and he has gone hunting with friends.

Early in his near-miss Senate run against Ted Cruz last year, a friend advised O’Rourke to “make sure that you’re seen in church every Sunday, make sure that they get a picture of you wearing boots and carrying a gun around,” O’Rourke said. “And I was just like, you know what, none of that is me. I don’t go to church every Sunday. I don’t carry a gun. I don’t have a gun.”

Yea, criminals will obey those laws.

Are murder and cocaine illegal? Then they must not exist.

If you think you have seen enough gun violence... just wait untill the democrats attempt a buyback.

• Banned
lol i knew it was me who made this thread when i saw the title, when i saw "Beto" and "feet" in the same sentence

He has lost the entire city of Uvalde.

He has lost the entire city of Uvalde.

It's so pathetic that Bobby Francis O'Rourke can't pull a crowd on his own (primarily because he's a fascist piece of shit), so he had to try to hijack Governor Abbott's crowd.

The big mistake Bobby made was in thinking that Uvalde was a pro gun control city. This is a small Texas town near the border. It is surrounded by ranches. Everyone has a gun or two or three. Doesn't everyone act like they live in Austin?

Beto O’Rourke’s Campaign Found New Meaning in the Gun Debate. But Is He Hurting the Cause?

from the article:

"Tom Sullivan, a Colorado state lawmaker whose son, Alex, was killed in the Aurora theater shooting in 2012, met Beto O’Rourke one cloudless morning in September and, inside a glass-and-brick office building in downtown Denver, introduced him to several other people whose friends or relatives had been killed in mass shootings.

They were seated at a table in a third-floor conference room of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, beside a largely untouched basket of bagels and a box of Starbucks coffee. Jane Dougherty, whose sister Mary Sherlach was murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., in 2012, brought up the moment, at a presidential debate in Houston the previous week, when O’Rourke had said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.”

“I think I was jumping around in my family room, because my sister was murdered by an AR-15,” Dougherty said.

Coni Sanders, whose father, Dave, was killed in the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School, where he was a teacher, said she had rushed toward the television in her living room, hurting her head on a door jamb before sitting down on the floor and watching in disbelief. “I couldn’t believe what I was hearing,” Sanders said. Brandon Kellogg, a student at Columbine during the massacre, said that, sitting on his couch watching the debate that night, he cried.

O’Rourke swallowed.

Lonnie Phillips, whose daughter was killed in Aurora, told O’Rourke that he had “stepped in shit.”

“They’re going to come after you,” Phillips said, while assuring O’Rourke that he has “an army behind you.”

“You don’t back down,” he added.

O’Rourke no longer owns a gun, but he grew up around them in West Texas. He told me his father, Pat, kept a handgun in his sock drawer and an inherited “arsenal” of handguns, shotguns and rifles in a basement closet. O’Rourke used to take a .22-caliber rifle into the desert to shoot bottles and cans, and he has gone hunting with friends.

Early in his near-miss Senate run against Ted Cruz last year, a friend advised O’Rourke to “make sure that you’re seen in church every Sunday, make sure that they get a picture of you wearing boots and carrying a gun around,” O’Rourke said. “And I was just like, you know what, none of that is me. I don’t go to church every Sunday. I don’t carry a gun. I don’t have a gun.”
O'Rourke is an empty suit. Completely unqualified. Never had a real job. He's a dilettante. He's childish and immature. He and Ted Cruz are about the same age, but Cruz has an eminent record of accomplishment behind him. O'Rourke is a zero.

Have you ever noticed very few prominent Democrats ever achieved anything in business or life? Few have ever run anything. Those few who have done something and try to run for president get shot down quickly by the nutsos.

Forum List

Back