Virginia School dumps Jeb Stuart Elementary name

Good question...

Because the rest of the country did not establish a slave state. The Confederacy was a slave state
The rest of the country was moving to abolish slavery. The confederacy chose to fight and die to maintain the institution

Not something worthy of celebrating

That doesn't make any sense. The Founding Fathers, and the nation as a whole, for well over a century after, was a "slave state".

If the High School was named after George Washington, and the 95% black student body decided that he was offensive, and changed the name, would you support that?
Why was the US a “slave state”???

Because we accommodated southern culture

Answer the question, lib.

If the High School was named after George Washington, and the 95% black student body decided that he was offensive, and changed the name, would you support that?

The community is welcome to name their schools after anyone they wish

That is how we ended up with Jeb Stuart Elementary

Was that a yes, that you would support a 95% black school being offended by the name Washington and changing it because of that?

That you would see no problem with that, no implications for "Diversity" and "Multiculturalism"?

YES OR NO, COWARD. ANSWER THE QUESTION.
Wait a minute.......let me check

Yes, this is still America

That doesn't make any sense. The Founding Fathers, and the nation as a whole, for well over a century after, was a "slave state".

Was that a yes, that you would support a 95% black school being offended by the name Washington and changing it because of that?

That you would see no problem with that, no implications for "Diversity" and "Multiculturalism"?

WOW.

Thanks for your honesty.

So, now we see that this is not just "southern racist culture" that you are happy to support being erased, but any and all white culture.

And, as I said, Diversity and multiculturalism has utterly failed.

We are not living in harmony. Liberals want to see traditional American culture erased.

WOW.

Thanks for your honesty.

So, now we see that this is not just "southern racist culture" that you are happy to support being erased, but any and all white culture.

We are not living in harmony. Liberals want to see traditional American culture erased.
If blacks and new members of a community no longer want to honor southern racist culture....they do not have to

This is, after all......America

WOW.

Thanks for your honesty.

If blacks and new members of a community no longer want to honor southern racist culture....they do not have to

This is, after all......America

Drop the pretense that this is just about southern culture. You've admitted that you would support it, if it the school was named George Washington High.

And what you describe is not "America".

Not any "America" that is a continuation of what was here before.

Your are talking about erasing and replacing.

That reveals Diversity and Multiculturalism to be a failure. An utter and complete failure.

Next time I see a black wearing a t shirt honoring the Pharohs, I will bring it up

No, you won't. Don't be a filthy liar.
How do you know?
I have r had an opportunity yet

Because I know you. I know that you do not hate Black Culture the way you hate Southern Culture.

Plus you see Black America as a pillar of your Vision of the Future, that we have long discussed.

You have not, and will not hold Blacks, or Black Culture to the same standard that you hold Southern Whites to.

We both know that. EVERYONE READING THIS KNOWS THAT.

My point stands. This action, and the reactions of liberals on this thread, proves that Multiculturalism has failed.

We will not have an increasingly diverse and harmonious future all living together singing kumbaya together.

Instead, we will have an increasingly diverse and increasingly conflict and hate filled future as hostile cultures try to erase and destroy their enemies.

While you say that multiculturalism has failed, I don't see what it could be replaced with.

You mention only "Black Culture" and "Southern Culture" which seems to be synonymous with "Southern White Culture." I don't see how African-Americans who have been in the south for generations would be so fond of "Southern White Culture." In fact, the U.S. has so many different cultures present and thriving that we could never come up with any sort of consensus as to what "American Culture" would be comprised of. We have to be "everybody" because, in fact, we are everybody. I don't know where you are, but I suggest that you do some traveling around your own country and visit all the people. I don't understand why you don't want to join in with your fellow Americans.

It is the school body that does not want to be "with their fellow Americans". THey are erasing the name given to their school by the people who built the school, long ago, ie "their fellow Americans".

How do you know who built this school? How did it come to be named by a known traitor? How about the William T. Sherman Elementary?

No, you won't. Don't be a filthy liar.
How do you know?

Because I know you. I know that you do not hate Black Culture the way you hate Southern Culture.

Plus you see Black America as a pillar of your Vision of the Future, that we have long discussed.

You have not, and will not hold Blacks, or Black Culture to the same standard that you hold Southern Whites to.

My point stands. This action, and the reactions of liberals on this thread, proves that Multiculturalism has failed.

We will not have an increasingly diverse and harmonious future all living together singing kumbaya together.

Instead, we will have an increasingly diverse and increasingly conflict and hate filled future as hostile cultures try to erase and destroy their enemies.

While you say that multiculturalism has failed, I don't see what it could be replaced with.

You mention only "Black Culture" and "Southern Culture" which seems to be synonymous with "Southern White Culture." I don't see how African-Americans who have been in the south for generations would be so fond of "Southern White Culture." In fact, the U.S. has so many different cultures present and thriving that we could never come up with any sort of consensus as to what "American Culture" would be comprised of. We have to be "everybody" because, in fact, we are everybody. I don't know where you are, but I suggest that you do some traveling around your own country and visit all the people. I don't understand why you don't want to join in with your fellow Americans.

It is the school body that does not want to be "with their fellow Americans". THey are erasing the name given to their school by the people who built the school, long ago, ie "their fellow Americans".

How do you know who built this school? How did it come to be named by a known traitor? How about the William T. Sherman Elementary?

I assumed. If you think there is a real chance that I am wrong, research it.

My point stands. It is the school body that does not want to be "with their fellow Americans".

How do you know?

My point stands. It is the school body that does not want to be "with their fellow Americans".

The school body wants to be with all Americans.

Not just the white racist ones

How do you know?

You
Just who are their "fellow Americans"? You are discussing a person who took a stand to make war against his own country.

it is quite an asshole move on your part to just smear Southern Whites like that.

And your words AGAIN, demonstrate my point.

We are not going to be living in harmony. Minority groups, with the support of liberal whites, are going to be actively erasing and replacing Traditional White American culture.

The idea that they would not, has been proven to be a Fool's Dream.

America is about to be radically changed.

As was always the plan.

You
Just who are their "fellow Americans"? You are discussing a person who took a stand to make war against his own country.

Are you pretending to be unaware of the policy of reconciliation? That was national policy for generations?

To the point that it was completely successful and has generations ago been integrated into our national identity?

Their fellow Americans. All of them.

By the act of picking a sub culture and refusing to tolerate it, they have debunked the myths of Diversity and Multiculturalism.

A lot depends on whence came the money to build the school.

Little town where I once lived had a high school named for a political figure of a hundred or so years before. The politics of the town changed and there was a strong movement to change the name of the school.

Then they read the will which left the town the land and the money on/with which to build the school.

The terms of the will made it clear that if the name were ever changed or the property ceased to be used as the site of a high school the building would have to be removed; the site restored to its natural state and title would revert to the descendants of his other heirs.

Heirs who had read the will.

Guess what happened!

Please join me in hoping the haters are sufficiently inflamed that they don't even check to see how the land/building/name came to be.

You

Are you pretending to be unaware of the policy of reconciliation? That was national policy for generations?

To the point that it was completely successful and has generations ago been integrated into our national identity?

By the act of picking a sub culture and refusing to tolerate it, they have debunked the myths of Diversity and Multiculturalism.

Just who and what are "Southern whites"? Do tell what you think that "traditional white American culture," as you referred to it in #109, is? What is your unique and cherished "culture," so different from the rest of us Americans, that must be preserved in a higher position than those of the rest of us Americans? I'm of European ethnicity on both sides, BTW, so you can tell me.

it is quite an asshole move on your part to just smear Southern Whites like that.

We are not going to be living in harmony. Minority groups, with the support of liberal whites, are going to be actively erasing and replacing Traditional White American culture.

As was always the plan.
White racists insisted on monuments to the confederacy
White racists named schools after confederate heroes
White racists fly the confederate flag

The confederacy was almost half black slave

Time to listen to their view of what the confederacy really meant

You

Just who and what are "Southern whites"? Do tell what you think that "traditional white American culture," as you referred to it in #109, is? What is your unique and cherished "culture," so different from the rest of us Americans, that must be preserved in a higher position than those of the rest of us Americans? I'm of European ethnicity on both sides, BTW, so you can tell me.

I said nothing about "preserved in a higher position than the rest of you".

This is not about some southern whites changing the name of some school named after some famous black guy.

This is about blacks and liberals demonstrating an enmity to a culture, in your words, "different from them".

That you have to lie about what I said, shows that you know that I am right.

Diversity and multiculturalism have failed. This country is going to be FUCKED, by the results of policies that we were never allowed to have a real discuss about, because of race baiting assholes.

As was always the plan.

ANd their view, and yours, seems to be that it is cool to declare a culture they don't like to be bad based on ancient wrongs.

And as you admitted, this is not about only Southern Whites, but all whites.

This is not what Diversity and Multiculturalism proponents promised US would happen.

We were supposed to live in harmony.

Not be erased.

You ready for when people start to fight back?

You

This is not about some southern whites changing the name of some school named after some famous black guy.

This is about blacks and liberals demonstrating an enmity to a culture, in your words, "different from them".

Diversity and multiculturalism have failed. This country is going to be FUCKED, by the results of policies that we were never allowed to have a real discuss about, because of race baiting assholes.

Just how is there an "enmity" being demonstrated to what, in your words, is "southern white culture" or "traditional white American culture"? What are your traditions, what special things do you do as part of your culture, what are your achievements that are somehow being targeted? You have heroes like Audie Murphy, and writers, actors, musicians, chefs, et al., and they aren't getting the boot. What is it that you want discussed that isn't being discussed? In short, how are white people living in the south being victimized?

As was always the plan.

ANd their view, and yours, seems to be that it is cool to declare a culture they don't like to be bad based on ancient wrongs.

This is not what Diversity and Multiculturalism proponents promised US would happen.

Not be erased.

I have no problem declaring southern racist culture to be bad
Not something worth celebrating

Why is it that those members of "southern white culture" act like they have never heard of the likes of William Faulkner and Harper Lee? I used to love to watch the late Justin Wilson, great chef from the south and "white," instruct us in how to make classic southern dishes, adding, of course, a little "on-yon" to the pot. And, yeah, I actually always wanted to learn to play the banjo.

These people are similar, if not the same as Americans who whine about the decline of "European culture," but exhibit no knowledge of classical music, cuisine from European nations, great works of literature and art created by folks in European countries. They are blowing it out of their shorts.

As was always the plan.

Not be erased.

Holy crap, give it a fucking rest already. Your tears are raising the sea level. ‘White people’ aren’t being “erased,” and you - of all people - aren’t going to fight anyone.

If some school wants to change its name, who the fuck cares?

Stop wasting your life in hysterical panic over irrational fears. Grow a pair and carry on.

You

Just how is there an "enmity" being demonstrated to what, in your words, is "southern white culture" or "traditional white American culture"?,,,

A historical name is being erased, and replaced. THe demonstrates enmity.

That is not how Diversity and Multiculturalism was supposed to work. Indeed, it was promised that that was exactly what would NOT happen.

Forum List

Back